PDA

View Full Version : How to take off EG dash?

kcokla
16-04-2008, 06:43 PM
Would like to change the lights,
got the bulbs, someone enlighten me please,
thanks!

Sexc86
16-04-2008, 07:48 PM
the black surrounding comes out pretty easy

2 small screws on the main black part of the dash. Upper Top just above your cluster. 1 screw behind your hazard light switch (remove it, easily pops out)

Then you should be able to just pop the black dash insert out. No you can access your cluster, held in by 4 screws. 2 on each side.

Piece of cake

teh_mechanic
16-04-2008, 08:34 PM
like lyle refered to it,the part your trying to get to is the guage cluster...or just call it cluster,the dash is the entire dash,if you get what i mean.

its just a matter of unscrewing the black surround,unscrewing the cluster,wriggling it out.

when you get cluster half way out you may have to reach around the back of the cluster to undo the two wiring connectors,one on each side,dont pull too hard before you unclip these or you could damage things.just a matter of finding the lil part that pushes in on the clip,hold it in and pull the connector off

kcokla
26-04-2008, 12:59 PM
although it took me ages to get off the dashm,
how do i get the tacho needle out?
the bulb replacement is not too far!@

rayb3na_
26-04-2008, 01:12 PM
yeah dont need to remove whole dash to do that.. but does anybody feel like writing up a DIY on HOW to take off the dash? i need to do that and start modifying the loom.. but i dont wanna break no clips etc

kcokla
26-04-2008, 01:20 PM
taking off the dash is pretty much what was said above,
just undo the wiring obviously behind the clock and the hazard light,
and then done!
there are 4 screws on the cluster(i think its called that?odeometer part)
2 of them are BEHIND the needles(assuming the car is parked and stopped) and 2 of them are straight infront of you.

kcokla
26-04-2008, 04:04 PM
DONE,
needle didnt even need taking off