PDA

View Full Version : Wiper problems

pihlor
17-04-2008, 12:16 AM
its just starting to feel like winter in melb just tried using da wipers and da one if the settings for it doesnt work the INT one if that makes sense wat do i need to change to fix it ?? my dad reckons its da relay or sumthing

dAzLr
17-04-2008, 07:08 PM
its more than likely the wiper switch dude, cos all 3 modes ( INT, med, fast ) all work off the same relay, maybe go to a wrecker an get a switch an try it out

pihlor
17-04-2008, 08:06 PM
cool thanks for that will goto the wreckers 2moro i saw a pretty new eg there a week ago

CRXer
18-04-2008, 02:17 AM
There is no relay as such relating to all 3 functions on the wiper switch.
Its just straight power onto the switch.

Your dad could be right,there is a control relay circuit inside the integrated control unit(located on the back of the underdash fusebox) for the intermittent wiper function.

So before u go buying switches,theres a few things u should test.

In the pic below,this is the back of the underdash fuse box showing the integrated control unit clipped into it.U need to reach behind & pull out the plug that would connect into that socket shown on the right of the control unit.

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g268/CRXer/IMG_1419_2_1.jpg

When u have the plug out u will see on one end of the plug a yellow/blue wire & a blue/green wire.Colours could vary.

Test the yellow/blue wire to see if it gives 12V when u turn on the "INT" switch(with ignition on of course).If u dont have yellow/blue wire,test all wires & one should flash 12V on & off when u turn the "INT" switch on & off.

Next, turn the switch to "INT" & get a piece of wire & connect to bare metal on car chassis somewhere & touch the other end on the blue/green wire,the wipers should start to operate on low speed.

If the 2 tests above work,then your wiper switch is ok & u need to source a new integrated control unit to replace the one clipped into the back of the fuse box(new white box).

pihlor
18-04-2008, 06:56 PM
cool i'll tell my old man 2moro lol he is my mechanic