PDA

View Full Version : MTF gearbox oil

SuperSteve
17-04-2008, 04:06 PM
Hey guys i went to purchase MTF06 gearbox oil for my car yesterday and the bloke at honda parts gave me 2x 1 litre MTF06 and 1 bottle of MTF PLUS. I asked if MTF PLUS and MTF06 were the same and he said yes.
Is MTF PLUS the old version of MTF oil ?? Or is MTF Plus the same as MTF06 ??

aaronng
17-04-2008, 04:14 PM
MTF Plus is the old version, but they have the same part number.
Differences are:
MTF Plus is made in USA, MTF 06 is made in Australia
MTF Plus is gold in colour, MTF 06 is grey in colour.
I prefer MTF 06 over MTF plus, but I have mixed the both together before (1 bottle each) and it was still good.

SuperSteve
17-04-2008, 04:18 PM
ahhhhhh no wonder he gave it to me, i just had a look aaronng ur right they do have the same part number. Should i take it back and ask them to replace ? I heard that with the old MTF in time made the shifting stiff and problems with crunching of the gears.

aaronng
17-04-2008, 04:43 PM
ahhhhhh no wonder he gave it to me, i just had a look aaronng ur right they do have the same part number. Should i take it back and ask them to replace ? I heard that with the old MTF in time made the shifting stiff and problems with crunching of the gears.
The MTF plus does not make your shifting stuff and crunch. It is the gearbox. But MTF06 does make it smoother (for me at least).
How many litres does your gearbox take? I'd fill it with both MTF06 and then the remainder with MTF plus. My car took about 2L. I put in 1 bottle of each and I could still feel the difference. If you live near the dealer, go for it. Otherwise, I wouldn't bother.

chargeR
18-04-2008, 10:29 AM
Hey guys i went to purchase MTF06 gearbox oil for my car yesterday and the bloke at honda parts gave me 2x 1 litre MTF06 and 1 bottle of MTF PLUS. I asked if MTF PLUS and MTF06 were the same and he said yes.
Is MTF PLUS the old version of MTF oil ?? Or is MTF Plus the same as MTF06 ??

The 2L of MTF06 should be heaps to fill the gearbox on your EP3R, assuming they take the same amount as a DC5R gearbox which is around 1.7L.

SuperSteve
18-04-2008, 02:20 PM
sweet thanks chargeR and aaronng for ur help :)