PDA

View Full Version : Hondata s300 - Legal?

Saget
17-04-2008, 11:16 PM
I must apologise if this seems like a stupid question, but is this ECU legal on the Victorian streets?

i have heard as this ECU has USB connection the end user can perform modifications themselves making this an illegal modification?

When using the search function I could not find any related discussion on this forum.

Thanks

shadou
17-04-2008, 11:19 PM
I don't see the problem running this on VICTORIAN roads as the ECU should be neatly hidden away under carpet trim so police should not be able to see this modification.

CRXer
17-04-2008, 11:23 PM
Let me revise that......

Your right the S300 because of its end user interface will not comply with current ADR's

get the S200 if your so concerned,not much difference between the S200 & S300

S300 just got onboard datalog & is quicker & easier to tune due to the USB & Smanager software.

aramiK
18-04-2008, 01:50 AM
Not trying to be all illegal and all - but who really cares? I know it's off the question but if your worried about getting caught.. how are you going to get caught? I don't think the cop can check your ecu.

grumpy rooster
18-04-2008, 08:54 AM
Technically, any aftermarket ECU is illegal unless you go and get an emissions test, or it is a locked ECU with no ability to be changed, and contains an approved (ie EPA tested) tune.

absolutR
19-04-2008, 05:12 PM
Not trying to be all illegal and all - but who really cares? I know it's off the question but if your worried about getting caught.. how are you going to get caught? I don't think the cop can check your ecu.

Wait! before i thought this also, but the new years eve from the year before last i went to rye.. where the riots were, and on the 2nd of janurary when everybody was leaving rye heading back home, there was full car checks bye mechanics working for the police on the freeway just out of rye.. heaps of ppl got done, so it is a risk, cept its slight.... just dont take your "illegally modified" car where riots are.. lol

Saget
20-04-2008, 12:58 AM
So don't go to Noble Park if your in Melbourne huh? LOL

absolutR
20-04-2008, 02:15 AM
So don't go to Noble Park if your in Melbourne huh? LOL

or any of that KOREY kids parties lol