PDA

View Full Version : mugen, spoon, or toda. which one?

icecrm
18-04-2008, 12:26 AM
hey guys just wanted to know which headers would be better out of mugen, spoon, or toda for ep3r?

not only considering performance, but also price as well, which would be better?

and wat is the difference between hondata k pro and k-100

thanks

Nepolian
18-04-2008, 08:37 AM
hey guys just wanted to know which headers would be better out of mugen, spoon, or toda for ep3r?

not only considering performance, but also price as well, which would be better?

and wat is the difference between hondata k pro and k-100

thanks

Out of those three, I dare say that the Toda would be the pick of the bunch both on price and performance.

Difference between Kpro and K100 is basically a usb port in a nutshell.

SuperSteve
19-04-2008, 07:08 PM
/\

Yeap i agree with Nepolian

icecrm
20-04-2008, 11:30 PM
thanks alot for that guys

so basically wat i have and will be going with is

Injen CAI
Toda Headers
Fujitsubo RM10A cat back
Hondata K-pro

sounds good yeah??

kongfu
20-04-2008, 11:39 PM
If money is not the problem get Gruppe M intake.

Full Toda exhaust will be better!

Double R
21-04-2008, 11:38 PM
Nismo headers are the best

SuperSteve
22-04-2008, 10:20 PM
gruppe m intake i heard u get better gains out of ur mods. I did a review but i never got around to taking video & sound clips sorry hehe

also with that mod list ur car would b pretty good hehe :)

mkefalia
12-05-2008, 10:06 PM
If money is not the problem get Gruppe M intake.

Full Toda exhaust will be better!

New to the forums as I recently bought a CIVIC FD2, but when I was shopping around for an EVO, I wanted a GruppeM air intake however I didn't think they made them for CIVICs? Can somone clarify this?

Also Where in Aus can you buy GruppeM products?

Chi
12-05-2008, 10:14 PM
SSR Headers from the US.

USDM y0 !

mkefalia
12-05-2008, 10:43 PM
HAHA from the U.S. who can be bothered ordering from the U.S. I want local shops LOL

Malenic1981
13-05-2008, 10:31 AM
My mod list should be simular, I'll be most likely going for TODA headers and exhaust, air intake I haven't made my mind yet, for tuning I'll see once I get everything else, heard good things about UNICHIP piggyback ECU (lots of guys use them on EP3s in europe) plus I know there is a dealer and tuner in perth, for hondata I think in perth there is no tuner so yeah

Also guys does anyone have any suspension mods on their EP3s, is there a need for coilovers or just a bit stiffer and lower springs (H&R, Eibach or some other good brand)

VTECMACHINE
13-05-2008, 11:14 AM
Toda headers for sure.
I'd stay away from ingen, and go for GruppeM.

Chi
13-05-2008, 12:03 PM
HAHA from the U.S. who can be bothered ordering from the U.S. I want local shops LOL

ppl who want the best headers not lazy asses like you.

Go for your local stuff like everyone else.

Toda headers for sure.

Why is GruppeM better?

Is it because it costs twice the price?

It gives less power gains to the injen?

aaronng
13-05-2008, 12:09 PM
Toda headers for sure.

Nothing wrong with Injen. And not everyone has the pockets for GruppeM. I'd rather DIY an enclosure and put the extra money towards grippy tyres.

VTECMACHINE
13-05-2008, 12:14 PM
Nothing wrong with Injen. And not everyone has the pockets for GruppeM. I'd rather DIY an enclosure and put the extra money towards grippy tyres.

Usually people that have the pocket for toda/mugen/spoon headers have the pocket for a better intake.

I didn't like the Ingen in my DC2R. I think I lost power from it TBH, I lost all response. But it did sound cool. When I reverted back to Stock with Spoon filter it was awsome again.. then with the Mugen it was even better.

I did some research with my friend who was looking in to intakes for his DC5R, and GruppeM proved superior to Ingen for the K20. He trialed a Ingen, and then straight away sold it and bought a GruppeM, and was a happy chap.

Chi
13-05-2008, 12:15 PM
Usually people that have the pocket for toda/mugen/spoon headers have the pocket for a better intake.

that still doesnt answer teh question to why you think GruppeM is better than Injen.

From what I can see you think its better cos it costs more?

Chi
13-05-2008, 12:40 PM
So by what I said above... you can't see why i'd pick GruppeM over Ingen. Perhaps you should read it again Chi.

I hope you can read this and understand what I am trying to say.

Mate you just ninja edited that bit on your experience of the intakes in after I replied you lost mofo.

I can read mate, you just got to learn to not bs bout your replies. :thumbdwn:

And if you had a brain, you would see that under your post it shows you edited it at 12:20pm opposed to my reply being posted @ 12:15pm.

nice one knob.

VTECMACHINE
13-05-2008, 12:43 PM
Well sorry mate, I was editing it while I was doing some stuff at work. It's an honest mistake. I obviously didn't see you post so close my original post. Obviously my detective skillz aren't as good as yours. You are good at the internet.

Ninja powa!

Bit on edge mate... take a chill pill.

Chi
13-05-2008, 12:44 PM
no I find your comment very hypocritical, telling ppl to learn to read when you cant even do it yourself.

VTECMACHINE
13-05-2008, 12:46 PM
http://www.hennessy.id.au/quentingeorge/archives/arguingOnTheInternet.jpg

As per the above image... I will take down my initial post to keep the peace.

Chi
13-05-2008, 12:48 PM
http://www.hennessy.id.au/quentingeorge/archives/arguingOnTheInternet.jpg

As per the above image... I will take down my initial post to keep the peace.

And once again you are being hypocritical, as I once recall, you sure went on a long argument in the ying yang thread and with Shifty / Dave R on JDMST. :wave:

But I will leave it at that.

VTECMACHINE
13-05-2008, 12:52 PM
See now that was me just trying to cause a bit of shit... that was quite funny! Me and a few of the guys lol'd a little.

Calm down man... No need to be an internet Hero.

Nepolian
13-05-2008, 02:16 PM
Toda headers for sure.

Why, whats wrong with Injen!

VTECMACHINE
13-05-2008, 02:31 PM
Why, whats wrong with Injen!

Nothing is wrong with it... it's alright, but i found I lost response from it... didn't like it much - and hence I would personally stay away from it.

Malenic1981
13-05-2008, 04:46 PM
calm down guys no need for this, it started as a good tread
did anyone use/or know someone that did use mugen air intake for EP3/DC5, it's cheaper than GruppeM I was just wondering if its as good
$850 delivered
http://tunerzine.com/coverage/194/images/_MG_1924.jpg

Nepolian
13-05-2008, 05:32 PM
Looks good, same theory/layout as the original. For that price you may aswell get the Gruppe M.

From what I've heard, since the Mugen gets it air from the front, you need to get a Mugen style bar to get full benefits (not much provision at the front to get fresh air)....ie...DC5.

Malenic1981
13-05-2008, 06:26 PM
Does that mugen grille makes any difference, you know how it has mugen bage on side with bigger opening on the right side where air intake is??

Everywhere I looked GruppeM is minimum $1000, plus delivery so it comes couple hundred more than mugen

DC5R mugen front bar
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y236/jdmxsir/dc5R.jpg

EP3 mugen grille
http://www.jtuned.com/wire/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/017.jpg

8a8y8
13-05-2008, 06:26 PM
gruppe m has a scoop vent that sit outside the car that pick up cool air directly into the filter
If money isn't a option i think go gruppe m
and it sounds awesome compare to the mugen cause my friend has the mugen

Nepolian
13-05-2008, 06:35 PM
Whats a couple of hundred dollars when you're spending $900 odd bucks anyway! :P

Malenic1981
13-05-2008, 07:12 PM
Hehe you know how it goes, couple here couple there and you end up with savings for another mod (eg swaybars ect), I'll see what I'm gonna do, headers and exhaust I made my mind up, it's gonna be toda but intake is very hard to decide

mkefalia
13-05-2008, 07:57 PM
If i can just throw my two cents in, when I was in the market for an EVO, alot of the guys on the evo forums tested air intakes. Most of the battles where between the GruppeM and Trust. People found that the GruppeM would suck more "cold air" due to the placement of the air induction box and shrouding. Whilst it had a good "sucking noise" the Trust one sounded better. However due to build quality the GruppeM was much better. Also, depending on what you like, the GruppeM shrouded was made of carbon fibre. Now this isn't to say that the GruppeM is better at all of Injen or trust, but I'm just passing on the opinion of what others found with a different car. Me personally I like the look and what I heard of teh GruppeM in regards to intakes only and I chose that for the EVO, however I always thought Injen made good products but have never been able to experience any of their products.

That being said does anyone know where we can purchase GruppeM products? And no, i don't mind shopping from the U.S. :D

Chi
13-05-2008, 09:38 PM
DC5R mugen front bar
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y236/jdmxsir/dc5R.jpg

Thats Cwest Version 1.

Not mugen.

Chi
13-05-2008, 09:44 PM
calm down guys no need for this, it started as a good tread
did anyone use/or know someone that did use mugen air intake for EP3/DC5, it's cheaper than GruppeM I was just wondering if its as good
$850 delivered
http://tunerzine.com/coverage/194/images/_MG_1924.jpg

Ive have "personally" used the Mugen intake and gruppeM , and can easily say the gruppeM is a better intake hands down.

mkefalia
13-05-2008, 11:12 PM
Chi,

What did you find better about it? I would like to get one for my FD2 but I don't think there is one for the FD2. Where did you get yours from?

Malenic1981
14-05-2008, 10:20 AM
Chi can you tell me in what way did you find gruppeM better, power, sound, looks, this could help me a lot, thanks mate

Chi
14-05-2008, 12:04 PM
I dont ahve an FD sorry.

Was comparing my experiences with a k series in a DC5.

I liked the gruppeM over the Mugen more was becos :

GruppeM had the CF bling look.
GruppeM is POd filter opposed to Mugens panel ( i find pod filters suck in air much better)
Mugen needs the front vent modification or aftermarket front bar to get better results.

Malenic1981
14-05-2008, 06:22 PM
Thanks for info man

mkefalia
15-05-2008, 10:05 AM
Chi where did you get your GruppeM air intake from?

VTECMACHINE
15-05-2008, 11:09 AM
Try either JDM yard, or JDM concept mang.

Chi
15-05-2008, 11:32 AM
Chi where did you get your GruppeM air intake from?

I bought both my Mugen and GruppeM intake used.

you can try JDMYard for the intakes.

mkefalia
15-05-2008, 08:35 PM
Thanks Chi for that. I'm going to look into it

icecrm
16-05-2008, 01:13 AM
i got my Injen intake for my ep3 not to long ago from Jdmyard.....notice the difference straight away. great sound too. for the money you paying, its worth it

mkefalia
16-05-2008, 07:32 PM
Man its so hard to find products for and FD2 or even an FD1