PDA

View Full Version : Jdm 1986 Crx

JMSBND
18-04-2008, 10:29 AM
Hey all. Havn't been active for a while. Been playing with some old Vintage 70's Honda metal, (Coupe 9s). Anyway I went to go buy this CRX as a donor car for a real clean 77 Civic hatch I came across to turn into a race car. I was pleasantly surprised when I pulled up to buy it to find it was not as bad as I thought. Sure the sun-roof skin is rusty, and the guards are a bit cracked but it turned out to be a nice thing. I even drove it 40km home!!!

Anyway after the drive it reminded me how much fun these things could be, my first quick Honda was a DA Integra so I felt right at home in it.

Anyway it's an 86 JDM spec with the original ZC twin cam gold valve cover engine, has a pair of mint 89 CRX seats in it, it's Australian complianced and not a bad thing for $600.00 I rekon!

I did feel the 5speed felt like a close ratio after owning my DA Teg all those years ago, and it sits on 3200RPM in 5th gear too. Not sure if it has an LSD but both wheels light up nice when I get on it from the lights so who knows.

Anyway I have decided to keep it all together and build it as an N/A rocket instead of converting it into the early Civic. I own a BF Turbo ute as my daily driver and it's got plenty of go, but the early Hondas are still way more fun on the street for sure!

Pic's below of the car, as well as my collection of vintage Honda gear.

James, Melbourne.

P.S.

If anybody can help with parts location.......HUGE THANKS!!!!

jaydenn
18-04-2008, 10:35 AM
kickin' it ol' skool :)

nice! post if anything new is done.

i wanna see how your project progresses.

Lukey
18-04-2008, 10:53 AM
I'll buy it off ya for 650?
lol.

JMSBND
18-04-2008, 11:42 AM
I'll buy it off ya for 650?
lol.

Nah, I think I'll pass. You after a first gen Teg? There is one in white by the side of the road at the entrance to Mornington penninsula freeway.

Lukey
18-04-2008, 11:52 AM
Nah, I think I'll pass. You after a first gen Teg? There is one in white by the side of the road at the entrance to Mornington penninsula freeway.

Dunno where that is. Does it have a price on it?

JMSBND
18-04-2008, 12:38 PM
Dunno where that is. Does it have a price on it?

It's about 15 mins past Frankston. 2 mins from my house. I will check it out.

VT3C
18-04-2008, 06:46 PM
WHOA !!! do you have any more pics and info on the Coupe 9 ???

I've been looking for one for years but havnt seen ANY in australia !!

Red_EG4
18-04-2008, 08:22 PM
me want

SHOGUNOVDDRK
18-04-2008, 09:25 PM
Hey all. Havn't been active for a while. Been playing with some old Vintage 70's Honda metal, (Coupe 9s). Anyway I went to go buy this CRX as a donor car for a real clean 77 Civic hatch I came across to turn into a race car. I was pleasantly surprised when I pulled up to buy it to find it was not as bad as I thought. Sure the sun-roof skin is rusty, and the guards are a bit cracked but it turned out to be a nice thing. I even drove it 40km home!!!

Anyway after the drive it reminded me how much fun these things could be, my first quick Honda was a DA Integra so I felt right at home in it.

Anyway it's an 86 JDM spec with the original ZC twin cam gold valve cover engine, has a pair of mint 89 CRX seats in it, it's Australian complianced and not a bad thing for $600.00 I rekon!

I did feel the 5speed felt like a close ratio after owning my DA Teg all those years ago, and it sits on 3200RPM in 5th gear too. Not sure if it has an LSD but both wheels light up nice when I get on it from the lights so who knows.

Anyway I have decided to keep it all together and build it as an N/A rocket instead of converting it into the early Civic. I own a BF Turbo ute as my daily driver and it's got plenty of go, but the early Hondas are still way more fun on the street for sure!

Pic's below of the car, as well as my collection of vintage Honda gear.

James, Melbourne.

P.S.

If anybody can help with parts location.......HUGE THANKS!!!!

Ahh so your the one who bought this!

I guess you dont want to sell those phone dials to a old school enthusiast :p

Btw how does the engine sounds? working well? :p

Those pictures you took actually made it look in half decent condition!

Looking forward to the car getting what it deserves :angel: