PDA

View Full Version : CRAZY freind wants to do a k24/k20 swap into fto???? is it possible

Behtec_JunKIE
18-04-2008, 05:20 PM
hey
people i didnt know where to ask this so i put it here, well i got a crazy mate who loves the shape of the fto, but he loves VTEC so yeh he's been thinking about doing this for a while so i figured i asked just to see if it could happen.
no dbout its gonna be a hard thing to do but is it possible????
any help will be good thanks

chunky
18-04-2008, 05:24 PM
with money anything is possible
:thumbsup:

mrwillz
18-04-2008, 05:26 PM
honda>mistubishi

xntrik
18-04-2008, 05:34 PM
lol anything is possible with moniez.

fadz
18-04-2008, 05:43 PM
lol as everyone else said, $$$ talks and does alot

Jarkz
18-04-2008, 05:47 PM
I take it he has a GR non MIVEC FTO

Just get a GPX MIVEC engine or whack in a 4G63 Evo motor in it (apparently it's possible)

The GTO engine in another option, but it will be a tight squeeze & a expensive conversion.

If I was him I would stick to a Mitsubishi engine for re-sale purposes.

But really... just tell him to buy a :honda:

blahZ
18-04-2008, 05:51 PM
WOW!!
i would like to see him have a crack at it

dsp26
18-04-2008, 06:06 PM

Just get a GPX MIVEC engine or whack in a 4G63 Evo motor in it (apparently it's possible)

The GTO engine in another option, but it will be a tight squeeze & a expensive conversion.

yeah thats the better option... been done a few times and a few such examples showed up a few years ago on prestigemotorsport.com.au getting imported from japan...

VT1-R
18-04-2008, 07:46 PM
A FTO with its v6 mivec is no where near a b18c EG.. It will be raped from top to bottom..

Unless he is rich as hell, ask him dun try to be so funny.. coz at end of day, not every1 would appreciate such a conversion..Jus get a EM1 and put in a b18cR .. its 2 door,has a sexy boot, watever an FTO has...Jus my opinion. FTO do not have that gd resale too.. I seen one going for $8k..lol..

End of day, VTEC>MIVEC... MIVEC jus imitation of VTEC and needs a turbo b4 it can do any real damage..

[NAV]
18-04-2008, 07:56 PM
there is no way a gto engine will fit in an fto! loll

VT1-R
18-04-2008, 08:15 PM
;1644629']there is no way a gto engine will fit in an fto! loll

sort of true.. Though a god mechanic can make it possible...Its like not fuking worth it.. Its like wanting to put an NSX engine into a civic and after doing it, you have no traction and have no $$ in the bank and a heavy nose... K20/24 into civic is more than enough!!! MIVEC/EVO engine into FTO is same story as well..

i_s2_honda
18-04-2008, 11:36 PM
why would you want to put it in an FTO!!!!

put it in a civic or something nice light body better power:weight ratio

FTO's kind of look ass to me to LOL!

Behtec_JunKIE
19-04-2008, 01:20 AM

told him them options but he wants na power and it is a gpx btw and he knows that its shit but he likes the car. first thing i told him when he sed the k24 swap was buy a real car and f*** the fto off get a :honda:

End of day, VTEC>MIVEC.. MIVEC jus imitation of VTEC and needs a turbo b4 it can do any real damage..
damn right

;1644629']there is no way a gto engine will fit in an fto! loll
its been done but tight ass fit

why would you want to put it in an FTO!!!!

put it in a civic or something nice light body better power:weight ratio

FTO's kind of look ass to me to LOL!
personally i think fto's look ugly but as for my mate he loves it so yeh but he also loves honda motors and he wants to be unique and yeh it would be unique and i know it would cause a mad stir if he does it so in some ways it still would be good but as for the weight side apparently the fto isnt that far off from the weight of a integra so it would be similar to that and plus with the k24 engine in it will be less weight than the v6

defect
19-04-2008, 10:34 AM
tell him to do it and when its time to sell his car. let me know
ill pay 7k for it :>

qstoria
19-04-2008, 02:47 PM
thank god for n00b forum

rawr
19-04-2008, 02:57 PM
Lmao the engine conversion would cost 20k +

get a new car budday!!!