PDA

View Full Version : some F***K SMASHED my driver window

JDM_VTIR
18-04-2008, 06:13 PM
some F**K head just smashed my driver side window while my car was parked outside my house.

my mum said she saw two people. a girl and a guy. they were trying to get into the house...i guess when they couldn't they went straight to my CAR! F**K!

i've notified the police but i'm not sure what they're meant to do about it. they could take the finger prints off the door bell and the door handle...

i'm just really fumed right now...

what is there to do now? i'm with third party insurance so they can't do squat.

EKVTIR-T
18-04-2008, 06:16 PM
Anyone after you?Ask all your neighbours if they saw them.
Was your mum inside?Does the description match anyone or randoms?
Ask witnesses how they left,by car or walking.Get rego?

m3ntAL_l2
18-04-2008, 06:20 PM
cops wont do anything really
wot area are you u?? were u home? lucky they didnt get in... could of been worth

kikxz
18-04-2008, 06:21 PM
oh thats F***ing bad luck, what are the chances of them not getting into your house so they smash your window how low can they go. id be fumed aswell mate but yeah ask around your neighbourhood like EKVTIR-T said

chunky
18-04-2008, 06:24 PM
do you have a car alarm?
consider getting one?

JDM_VTIR
18-04-2008, 06:30 PM
nah man no one would be after me. i've asked around already. no one's seen anything. they didn't have a car...

JDM_VTIR
18-04-2008, 06:31 PM
i do have one....it didn't go off......i don't understand.

L a z y b O Y
18-04-2008, 06:31 PM
shit jonnie sorry to hear man, yeah as others suggest ask your neigbours if they saw anything
alarms dont always work

EK9
18-04-2008, 06:33 PM
damn, bad luck dude...

all the police can do is file a report... basically for their records and for insurance purposes. but since you only got 3rd party, that sucks... unfortunately nothing can be done, you'll just have to cop it... :thumbdwn:

Ry_
18-04-2008, 06:37 PM
Bad luck man, sorry to hear..

JDM_VTIR
18-04-2008, 06:43 PM
you rkn the wreckers would sell me the window glass on it's own rather then selling the entire door...

L a z y b O Y
18-04-2008, 06:44 PM
you can try

swannno
18-04-2008, 06:55 PM
Shit Johnny.... sorry to hear mate. I'll try to keep a heads up if i hear anything about it mate. Hope you can get it all sorted mate

JDM_VTIR
18-04-2008, 06:56 PM
i get now what they were trying to do.

the girl kept ringing the door bell maybe for 5 minutes...and i'm guessing she was just checking to see if anyone would answer while the other k**t was trying to break into my car.

the other guy came back to double check and rang the door bell as well but when he saw my mum they bolted...

EGB18CT
18-04-2008, 07:00 PM
id consider setting some bait down the street at a mates house, wait for them to come and pow vtec kicks in hahah... jk..

bad luck dude, wreckers should sell u the glass on its own prolly 100bux max.. good luck finding the scum..

JDM_VTIR
18-04-2008, 07:03 PM
i just had it waxed/polished and parked it outside the f**kn bastards!

dslt
18-04-2008, 07:09 PM
Sorry to hear what happened man! Seen your car around looks nice. I've had this sorta shti done to my car before, but worse. My whole car got keyed from top to bottom, side to side. No point notifying the cops, they dont do jack besides taking tax payers money. Insurance won't cover you either.

Had to pay a hefty excess fee to get my car sprayed agains!!

destrukshn
18-04-2008, 07:24 PM
you rkn the wreckers would sell me the window glass on it's own rather then selling the entire door...
yes they will.

VT1-R
18-04-2008, 07:40 PM
I jus had my door smashed into by a bicycle without brakes..I got quotes everywhere to get a new door.. I am sure you can get a window becoz wreckers are smart mother fukers.. They dismantle every part of a complete door to sell them separately to maximise their profit.. At least yours is just a window.. easy fix.. Mine is a fuked door, hard fix and more $$.. So there are more unlucky ppl out there..hope it make u feel better..

Btw I also had ppl dig out my side view mirror and threw it on my neighbours lawn.. Such shit is common, just take it as bad luck and lucky that it could have been something worst like an accident..

JDM_VTIR
18-04-2008, 07:59 PM
yes they will.

that's a relief. i'll get one 2moro. cheers.

JDM_VTIR
18-04-2008, 08:11 PM
I jus had my door smashed into by a bicycle without brakes..I got quotes everywhere to get a new door.. I am sure you can get a window becoz wreckers are smart mother fukers.. They dismantle every part of a complete door to sell them separately to maximise their profit.. At least yours is just a window.. easy fix.. Mine is a fuked door, hard fix and more $$.. So there are more unlucky ppl out there..hope it make u feel better..

Btw I also had ppl dig out my side view mirror and threw it on my neighbours lawn.. Such shit is common, just take it as bad luck and lucky that it could have been something worst like an accident..

cheers buddy.

word of advice to everyone on OH...keep them safe...lock up your garages, park your car inside behind gates and keep an eye out for any suspicious activity.

don't want any of these little s**** stealing the car's that we put so much money, time and effort into.

mrwillz
18-04-2008, 10:27 PM
damn johnny
least nothing else was taken or damaged.

one call all it takes lol
come smash em

simonnowis
18-04-2008, 10:38 PM
i do have one....it didn't go off......i don't understand.

the alarm wouldnt have gone off if you just have a basic one with a shock sensor. what alarm do you have?
you'd need a glass break sensor which detects any broken glass sounds, however if you have tinting it is still possible to break the car window without setting the glassbreak sensor off.
try putting up the shock sensor sensitivity, and/or install other sensors, microwave sensor, ultrasonic sensor etc.

vinnY
19-04-2008, 12:24 AM
yep they should sell you the window by itself(got mine for about $80 for my ek)
changed it myself with the help of my dad(you need someone to help you guide it in and hold it while bolting it up)
you'll just have to remove your trim and its probably just 2x10mm bolts and vacuum out all the glass left in there

SXC-84K
19-04-2008, 12:33 AM
sry to hear mate, after i bought new tyres like a month ago sum ****er decides to slice my tyres last night ****ing had to get new 1s... im fumed also

RtN
19-04-2008, 01:21 AM
I found some on ebay for ya mate.. but yeh.. don't know how shipping glass would be and ask for shipping to Australia .. maybe "fragile" + lots of foaming too!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/94-01-acura-integra-window-glass_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33684QQihZ016QQit emZ260230299673QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/90-93-acura-integra-OEM-R-door-window-glass-2dr-CLEAR_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33684QQihZ022QQit emZ350047875687QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

vinnY
19-04-2008, 01:48 AM
better off finding one from the wrecker, by the time you get those from the US its going to cost about the same and have the potential of being cracked

RtN
19-04-2008, 04:01 AM
Ahaha.. ask them if they insure it.. and insure the glass for like 300 each or something.. break.. WINNER! Win - Win Situation maybe.. but yeh Hassle..

zco
19-04-2008, 08:38 AM
even if u had comprehensive insurance, wouldnt your excess be more than the window itself ? so be better off paying for the window and not put forward a claim..

unlucky :/

Dy_
19-04-2008, 09:49 AM
even if u had comprehensive insurance, wouldnt your excess be more than the window itself ? so be better off paying for the window and not put forward a claim..

unlucky :/

yeah it might also affect your no claim bonus and your premium.

JDM_VTIR
19-04-2008, 11:54 AM
yeah excess would be more than what the window is worth.

i just replaced it this morning. i got the window at hondwreck in clayton for $175. :confused:

ah well whatever.

kazam
20-04-2008, 08:24 AM
well at least a window can be easily replaced..

Glitta
20-04-2008, 10:21 AM

Yeah they will.. they sell doors without glass so they should have heaps..

krogoth
20-04-2008, 12:21 PM
yeah excess would be more than what the window is worth.

i just replaced it this morning. i got the window at hondwreck in clayton for $175. :confused:

ah well whatever.

where do u live?

sorry to hear

z3lda
20-04-2008, 12:42 PM
damm.. i have a spare complete vtir door forsale 130$bux!

EKVTIR-T
20-04-2008, 12:44 PM
Ye he did get owned for the glass lol
Another Hondwreck satisfied customer..

L a z y b O Y
20-04-2008, 04:43 PM
Ye he did get owned for the glass lol
Another Hondwreck satisfied customer..

lol so true:thumbsup:

zpreme
20-04-2008, 10:08 PM
shiat! just read this johnny! badluck, i would be fuming! this stuff is common these days... makes me so paranoid.

DC4Integra98
20-04-2008, 11:37 PM
From personal experience. Hondwreck are terribly over priced and have the worst customer service!

I spent 1+ waiting on many occasions just to get a quote on a part. Usually its one guy says something and another guy says another (price wise) After 3 times dealing with them, I'm never going back there again.

Always feels dodgy going in there asking for parts too, they are very unprofessional.
Advice: find a better place!

/disgruntled customer

hondajazz2005
22-04-2008, 01:11 PM
i once park infront of my own house, sitting inside the car waiting for my gf to jump in to the car... while i was waiting 3 teenage walked passed and one of them fkn use his fist to bang on my front bonnet and show me a middle finger and run away. i grab my can of coke and throw on them... hit one of the guy, he falled and hit his face on the ground... break his nose......and bruisesss on his face... LOL ... stupid idiot