PDA

View Full Version : Possible to change screen???

Pauly
18-04-2008, 06:18 PM
Hi all,

Just wondering if it was possible to change the centre console screen in the euro with a aftermarket one. But keeping the OEM cd stacker and radio etc.

I just want to replace the display screen but keep everything else. Is it possible to get an aftermarket screen that shows all the details the OEM screen shows, such as climate control degrees fan speed etc.

Thank you
Pauly

drftr
19-04-2008, 07:08 PM
Not sure what you are trying to get....you want to get a new screen that shows exactly the same thing as the old one?? lol

aaronng
19-04-2008, 08:22 PM
That's the gist of what I got from his post too... makes no sense.....
I'd rather keep the original screen for AC, and then add an aftermarket single DIN unit in the centre compartment with a motorised screen.

Pauly
19-04-2008, 09:46 PM
the OEM screen has really dull lighting, and after getting tests done by honda i was told i need a new radio turner assembly as it has an internal fault that cannot be fixed. The unit is not supply power to the screen so it does not light up.

So i was wondering if it is possible to get an aftermarket screen, as honda charge $2,300 for a new radio turner assembly.

Dane
19-04-2008, 09:54 PM
$2,300?? :eek: Shit!! That sucks balls. The screen on my teg cost me $15.00 for a new one (that being the clock in a DA9) :D

E_Honda
19-04-2008, 10:39 PM
Hey, this isn't exactly what Pauly is after but regarding the DIN units I attempted to get a single din Alpine DVD player installed in my centre console, but because its so deep it just wasnt going to workout and it would've looked like crap. In the end i ended up getting a double din unit instead. After the custom install to blend in with the same colour as the rest of the centre panel it looks great.

Heres the link to the unit i got:
http://www.alpine.com.au/products/product.asp?modelID=296

P.S. if u want pics of my setup let me know and just post your email addresses.

viper8548
20-04-2008, 05:35 AM
Hey, this isn't exactly what Pauly is after but regarding the DIN units I attempted to get a single din Alpine DVD player installed in my centre console, but because its so deep it just wasnt going to workout and it would've looked like crap. In the end i ended up getting a double din unit instead. After the custom install to blend in with the same colour as the rest of the centre panel it looks great.

Heres the link to the unit i got:
http://www.alpine.com.au/products/product.asp?modelID=296

P.S. if u want pics of my setup let me know and just post your email addresses.

Does that mean you loose all the original CC screen info?

tony1234
20-04-2008, 08:44 AM
the OEM screen has really dull lighting, and after getting tests done by honda i was told i need a new radio turner assembly as it has an internal fault that cannot be fixed. The unit is not supply power to the screen so it does not light up.

So i was wondering if it is possible to get an aftermarket screen, as honda charge $2,300 for a new radio turner assembly.
I'm sure someone that started a previous thread on this problem said a refurbished one was approx.$1000.:confused:

E_Honda
20-04-2008, 09:34 AM
Does that mean you loose all the original CC screen info?

I have lost the use of the original six stacker/radio for now, but next week i'm getting an FM modulator installed so I will have control of both the original screen (6 stacker and radio) along with the DVD player. I'm going to see if theres a way to do it so the Auxilary can be used to switch between the two units, but FM modulator will still do the job either way.

Pauly
20-04-2008, 10:25 AM
I'm sure someone that started a previous thread on this problem said a refurbished one was approx.$1000.:confused:

$1000 is still a hell of alot. I would pay more like $600.
For $1000 you could get a great audio system installed.

aaronng
20-04-2008, 10:56 AM

I see, your unit has a fault that a few members here have had before. The remedy is to replace the circuit board behind the screen. $2300 is for the WHOLE radio+CD unit. Considered going to the wreckers? You don't need the CD unit, just the circuit board.

Pauly
20-04-2008, 11:12 AM
Is it possible just to buy the circuit board?

EDIT: Also is there a way to get a part number for the circuit board?

aaronng
20-04-2008, 11:45 AM
Not sure if it is possible, but I'd buy it from the wreckers. Send a PM to destrukshn to ask if it is possible. They don't usually get damaged that badly in a write off.

Pauly
20-04-2008, 09:46 PM
does destrukshn own a wreckers or something?

infusionv2
21-04-2008, 06:10 PM
i got one mate pretty much near new..

still has sticker on screen.

make an offer and ill see..

aaronng
21-04-2008, 07:01 PM
does destrukshn own a wreckers or something?

Nope, he works in spare parts. :)

Pauly
21-04-2008, 10:35 PM
ah k. Thanks aaronng

Pauly
21-04-2008, 10:41 PM
infusionv2 PM sent

infusionv2
21-04-2008, 10:45 PM
replied :P

D R U
21-04-2008, 10:57 PM
I see, your unit has a fault that a few members here have had before. The remedy is to replace the circuit board behind the screen. $2300 is for the WHOLE radio+CD unit. Considered going to the wreckers? You don't need the CD unit, just the circuit board.

The wreckers won't sell you the circuit board alone, i just replaced mine.
Family friend has a body shop, so he did the bargaining for me, got the unit for $500..
Cheaper than the $1000 that i've been hearing, but still expensive considering its just a few LED's that have gone out.
But the problem is in the IC (integrated circuit) on the circuit board itself, not the components (capacitors, resistors, etc) on the board.

Pauly
22-04-2008, 02:25 PM
My next door neighbour owns a smash repair shop, so im going to ask him if he can get me the part second hand.