PDA

View Full Version : MFactory Rear Swaybar kit

18-04-2008, 11:30 PM
Does anyone have the MFactory rear sway kit (sway + tie bar) together in EK?

I have got the kit here but it seems cannot clear with my Mugen Twin-loop...anyway to solve the problem?

The thread i found with EG:
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=71656

bennjamin
19-04-2008, 10:21 AM
id avoid these kits - like thw whiteline they are prone to subframe tearout.

Save up abit more $$$ and get a ASR kit + OEM bar

TODA AU
20-04-2008, 09:12 PM
id avoid these kits - like thw whiteline they are prone to subframe tearout.

Save up abit more $$$ and get a ASR kit + OEM bar

There is an additional hole in the M-Factory brace in order to prevent this.
Further, the M-Factory swaybar kit mounts the swaybar away from the oem location to minimise the strain on the oem mounting points.
In doing so the additional force is applied to the brace itself.

As for the M-Factory product has causing subframe tearout on EK's,
Can you sight an example of this occuring?

bennjamin
20-04-2008, 09:32 PM
There is an additional hole in the M-Factory brace in order to prevent this.
Further, the M-Factory swaybar kit mounts the swaybar away from the oem location to minimise the strain on the oem mounting points.
In doing so the additional force is applied to the brace itself.

As for the M-Factory product has causing subframe tearout on EK's,
Can you sight an example of this occuring?

no i cant adrian.I dont sell this product or ASR ~ from a nonbias point of view its best to put money onto something that is better designed. IE spreads more of the swaybar force out , and has a rear plate to further reinforce the subframe)
This kit is based on the defunct SSR kit and very similar to the old whiteline design. Thats it lets leave the decision up to the buyer.

Something to help out ther buyer , if it wont fit with a twinloop you can modify the pipe or the muffler location at a good exhaust shop.

Dxs
20-04-2008, 09:43 PM
remember TODA AU is the aussie seller of MFACTORY..
so that is food for thought.. incase some noob cant read

bennjamin
20-04-2008, 09:46 PM
Yup. Anyway , the thread starter already has this kit.

I have got the kit here but it seems cannot clear with my Mugen Twin-loop...anyway to solve the problem?

929 , did you install your swaybar like in hte link you provided ? If so , reinstall it the correct way (ends facing downways) so your muffler will have more room.Otherwise take it to a exhaust shop and get it modified

TODA AU
20-04-2008, 10:40 PM
no i cant adrian.

An opinion backed up by real world experience or witness of other's failures is fair comment.
But a statement as fact, based on a guess is not really helping anyone.

21-04-2008, 03:48 PM
People just stop focusing on the design. As the fact that i have already got the kit with, i just wanna find a cheapest way to solve my problem anywyas.

Ben, i think taking to exhaust shop would be the last solution for me. I dont really want to extend the pipe and put the tip a bit away from my rear bar, thats looks weird IMO :P

JasonGilholme
21-04-2008, 03:54 PM
no need to extend the tip, get them to put more of a bend in the pipe. :thumbsup:

As for the Mfactory gear, i wish it came in black like their other stuff :p