PDA

View Full Version : My 89Integra & where to get it serviced???

mahanatma
19-04-2008, 04:18 PM
Hi guys, I'm new here, and just very basic with cars,

I have just bought a 89integra. it has 175,000km on clock, a few little things need attention, like fuel gauge always shows full, aircon needs re-gasing, i also want to get a major service and a proper tune up done on it, so i know what all stuff needs replacing and when it was replaced for the next time i need service(as the car did'nt come with any books or service history)

Now i want to know what all should i get done in the major service and tune up, should i get the timing belt changed too, or can they look at the timing belt and tell me if it needs replacing or not.

Just wondering if anyone can recommend any good,cheap and reliable places to get it serviced. I was thinking ultatune, but please recommend.

I live in richmond, melbourne. Any advise would be realy appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
JV

EKVTIR-T
19-04-2008, 04:30 PM
Try to avoid Ultratune if possible.
They will rip you a new a**hole for what you want done.

Lukey
19-04-2008, 04:31 PM
You shouldnt need the timing belt changed til about 200k, depending on when it got changed around the 100k mark.

rikstar
21-04-2008, 01:25 PM
give Steve at HondaTec a call. They are in Thomastown and specialize in Honda's. I've got a mate that goes there and i've recently had my car serviced there too. Resonable price and they know what they are doing.

www.hondatec.com.au/ (http://www.hondatec.com.au/)

adis
02-05-2008, 10:16 PM
Brother, do it your self... Cheaper and you know its done, because you done it. :honda:

mahanatma
15-05-2008, 07:06 PM
Hi all,

Thanks for your replies. I called Steve from Hondatec(thanks Rikstar) and he seems to know what he is talking about and seems reasonable so have booked there for a major service. Hope all goes well. Thanks once again to all Hondaolics.

Regards,
JV