PDA

View Full Version : Servicing an eg civic

eg-stylin
19-04-2008, 05:27 PM
hey guys just bought an eg civic gli 93 hatchback, i want to take it 4 the 145000km service, it doesnt have serv hist, so i dunno wat service to do?

also im where is the best place to take it in and around Armidale, nsw?

thanx

baeshin
19-04-2008, 05:36 PM
for a car thats 15 years old , 145 000km doesnt seem that high,

newys should of askd the last owner wen he got it last serviced. you might need a major service then if he hasnt serviced it in a while.

things like oil n oil filter, spark plugs, fuel filter, depending on the condition of the engine if its got heaps of oil leaks may need a transmission service, new gaskets .. list goes on

if the engine is in a bad shape, id go for an engine conversion instead of spending heaps of money fixing it up.

its all up to you and how much $ u wanna spend

eg-stylin
20-04-2008, 08:25 AM
Engine is running good! no knockin or anything like that, no oil leaks!

just i think radiator might have some sort of leak.

also wen the car is running, like wen i drove from tamworth to inverell the water temp needle was just above the bottom, is that normal?

cause i had an ek vtir and it always sat in the middle?

nearly-man
20-04-2008, 10:39 PM
i would be doing the cam belt as you never know when that was changed, the temp idealy (is that a word?) should sit around quarter heat, hope this helps

Kiz_EG6
24-04-2008, 09:25 PM
i would be doing the cam belt as you never know when that was changed, the temp idealy (is that a word?) should sit around quarter heat, hope this helps

More often than not the mechanic that changed it will have put a sticker somewhere in the engine bay with k's on it!!

Save yourself close to 1k if you don't have to do that and the water pump till 200 000!!

I would just do oil, oil filter, air filter (k&n pod :)), check the plugs for discoloration etc, visual inspection of breaks, tires etc.

A mechanic will do a basic safety test for bout $20 if you are worried bout anything!!

aznpsuazn
25-04-2008, 04:32 PM
also wen the car is running, like wen i drove from tamworth to inverell the water temp needle was just above the bottom, is that normal?

cause i had an ek vtir and it always sat in the middle?

Nothing wrong with that. Cold weather, rain, high speed + low revs = better cooling for motor.

rayb3na_
25-04-2008, 04:54 PM
either that or your thermostats shot.. if it is your fuel consumption goes down.. well at least thats what ive found lol

Kiz_EG6
26-04-2008, 02:30 PM
either that or your thermostats shot.. if it is your fuel consumption goes down.. well at least thats what ive found lol

Good call man, thermostat may be stuck open!!