PDA

View Full Version : Cutting springs???

jackosimm
07-09-2004, 10:42 PM
Instead of buying new springs completely, has anyone simply cut down their existing ones on a Civic? Just thought I'd try save a few $$$(let me know if it is a bad idea)

PERTH_EURO
07-09-2004, 11:15 PM
bad idea

mytoycivic
07-09-2004, 11:24 PM
v. bad idea

don't do it mate...trust me u will be glad u spent the $300 on some nice springs

kwayzivietnamese
07-09-2004, 11:25 PM
depends on wot civic.
If its old n u dont give a rats ass, go for it. Cauz in the long run itll just kill ur shocks and springs.

mytoycivic
07-09-2004, 11:35 PM
Cauz in the long run itll just kill ur shocks and springs

um sorry but you already have killed ur springs when u chop them..they ****ed

BTW kwayzi...happy ur a member now???!!!! jk

VTEC16
08-09-2004, 12:03 AM
Do A Search!

kwayzivietnamese
08-09-2004, 12:05 AM
um sorry but you already have killed ur springs when u chop them..they ****ed

BTW kwayzi...happy ur a member now???!!!! jk

haha heck yeah man! i can finally post up my honda treasure that i got for sale :D

SoundStreamer
08-09-2004, 12:26 AM
dont do it to a honda it is not recomended. gemini's are fine, alot of the owner's do it therefore it is ok.

bumography
08-09-2004, 12:49 AM
hi,
umm i've gotta crx and i drove for over a year with chopped springs. However i think the real reason for this was because i knew many people at the time (maybe 4-5 with chopped springs, my mate said he can do it, so i thought why not?) being young and naive and wanting to mod my car a lil' i decided to go ahead =D

I'd drive really fast, turn0 really fast, it was a bit dangerous as once i spun out, and once in the rain i was sliding sideways just doing a curve. (once the cops got mad and asked me if i was a racecar driver, and i got fined =( haha
It affects the braking a lil'bit which is very dangerous cos u might hit someone and kill them cos of ur brakes.
To the people who say it kills your shocks? I dont think it does (this is only from my experience), because after pushnig down on my stock shocks last month while replacing my springs.. i found it had just as much force and pressure as brand new shocks i got. The new shocks didnt fit the springs anyway so i changed back to my stocks.

JUST buy KING SPRINGS !! they are only $240 for the set and learn to change them yourself, because its very easy once u know how to do it =)

Now..before anyone flames me... YES I WAS A RICE BOY :( but to me now, i care more about doing my car for my OWN driving pleasure (stereo) =)
*hides*

Setanta
08-09-2004, 06:38 AM
Do a search.. AND THEN DON'T F*CKING CUT DOWN YOUR SPRINGS!!!!

jackosimm
08-09-2004, 09:46 AM
yeh sounds like a much better+safer idea to buy a set aye, thanks for the help.

jackosimm
08-09-2004, 10:11 AM
Just going to check out how the wheels look once there on the civic, then decide weather I should lower it or not.

joneblaze
08-09-2004, 01:21 PM
Excellent. It's agreed. Cutting them is highly illegal, stupid and dangerous. :)
Thank you, please come again.