PDA

View Full Version : roof problem

CRXDEL501
20-04-2008, 01:03 PM
just having this problem when my roof is on, the red light comes on and it starts beeping, when it is in properly.
even when i take my roof off the red light still stays on..

any ideas what the problem could be?

dsp26
20-04-2008, 01:09 PM
what red light?

CRXDEL501
20-04-2008, 01:13 PM
you know how on ur dash, in the left there is the little pic of a crx, the red light pretty much above the car diagram, if im making sense. its similar to the light that shows that the rear window is down.

dsp26
20-04-2008, 01:31 PM
you know how on ur dash, in the left there is the little pic of a crx, the red light pretty much above the car diagram, if im making sense. its similar to the light that shows that the rear window is down.

oh the diagonal one above the boot area... yeah don't worry about it, i thought the same as you...

that applies to all door sensors including bonet....

CRXDEL501
20-04-2008, 01:42 PM
yeah its just its annoying, coz it beeps and says its off when its on. anyway to disconnect it? or what the problem might be?

Double R
20-04-2008, 01:43 PM
time to get a new car

CRXDEL501
20-04-2008, 01:53 PM
yeah righto just bought it

dsp26
20-04-2008, 02:13 PM
one of your door sensors is rooted... not sure if the boot has one but the only 3 i know of are the doors and bonnet

CRXDEL501
20-04-2008, 02:21 PM
i got no idea what to do.
what should i do to fix it?

TJsol
20-04-2008, 08:35 PM
have u got n alarm on the car??

my use 2 beep whn roof is off whn i got my alarm installd!!
whn did this problem start??

little more info mayb able 2 help!!

CRXDEL501
20-04-2008, 10:07 PM
yeah i got an alarm, but i hav always had it.
it only started yesterday aye.
its been really weird.

more info um... basically just that red light to say the roof isnt on properly, just stays on and it beeps like a warning beep, not sure if its got to do with the alarm, and then sometimes it just goes nuts and stops and starts, when the roof is on properly.

JasonGilholme
20-04-2008, 10:17 PM
chances are its the plug in the boot for the roof cradle. theres a little plug in there that makes sure you've got the roof in the boot properly.

if you put the roof in the boot incorrectly and drive off it starts to beep.

CRXDEL501
20-04-2008, 10:25 PM
oh true.

where abouts is it?

what am i looking for exactly?

i hope thats it.

JasonGilholme
20-04-2008, 10:38 PM
its just a small connector.

open the boot and look at the back left (pretty sure its left, could be right), near the corner of the roof cradle.

make sure the little connector/plug is pushed in all the way.

dsp26
21-04-2008, 01:42 PM
^^^i thought thats what it was for.. didn't wanna be n00b and ask lol :p

Thanks Jase....

CRXDEL5O1.. if you can't find it let us know... will post a pic.

astormsau
21-04-2008, 01:43 PM
okay here is the info you need.
there are 2 sensors in the roof of the cabin of the car and 1 sensor in the boot.

these sensors are used to determine if your roof is attached to the car or if it is stored in the boot of the car.

Cabin Sensors
These are in the roof behind the driver and passenger's head, at the junction where the B pillar cabin plastics (the one with your seatbelt on it) meets the plastic where your interior light is located.

When you lock your roof into place, a metal pin is pushed into the frame of the car at the back and front of the car. - you can see the holes with the roof off. In the back slots where the pin goes, there is a little flap with a sensor, once the flap is pushed down, the car assumes the roof is in place, if either sensor is broken, the computer will indicate a fault.

Simple test, remove your roof, gently push a screwdriver into each of the rear holes... you will feel a bit of resistance as you push the sensor's flap down... if you dont feel any resistance on one side, the spring which returns the flap when you unlock the roof and retract the pins is broken.. remove the interior trim around the interior light and peel back the trim near your seatbelt to get to the little sensor and replace the spring.

Boot Sensor
If you stand at the back of the car looking into the boot, there is a little push sensor on the corner of the roof storage frame which is closest to the passengers seat, you can see it, it has a connector which you should check is connected. You can use contact cleaner to clean this.

Diagnosis.
THe computer will sound a warning if it believes the roof is not stored securely. THis is the case when either...

1. Both cabin sensor flaps are not pushed down by roof pistons - assumes that one side of the roof is not locked in correctly.

2. Both cabin sensor flats are up but the sensor in the boot is not pushed in - meaning the roof is not stored securely in the boot.

In my case, one of the cabin sensor springs was broken, i just fixed the spring. When i had the roof in place the computer was fine because both cabin sensors were down, but when I put it in the boot, one of the sensors in the cabin was still saying the roof was locked in, so it thought it was still on the roof but without both sides locked in.

PM me if you need any more info. Honda wanted me to pay $800 for a new computer which controls the roof when it was a simple diagnosis which took 2 screwdrivers and a 30 min fix.

CRXDEL501
21-04-2008, 03:19 PM
thanks for the help guys.
going to figure out what the problem is this arvo.

let yas know what happens.

cheers.

astormsau
21-04-2008, 03:31 PM
thanks for the help guys.
going to figure out what the problem is this arvo.

let yas know what happens.

cheers.

no worries mate, i know a bit about the different electrical systems on these babies so feel free to shoot through any questions... ive got the same car as you but its for sale :P

oh and you will generally find Honda dealers are pretty average when it comes to questions on these as they dont know much about them!

JasonGilholme
21-04-2008, 03:35 PM
oh and you will generally find Honda dealers are pretty average when it comes to questions on these as they dont know much about them!

this is true. i came across one guy at a dealer that didn't know the crx was made after 93!!!....

astormsau
21-04-2008, 08:03 PM
yeh and they have no idea about the electrical systems, doors, anything which isnt stock civic :P

CRXDEL501
22-04-2008, 07:40 PM
ok had a look at it all.
my springs inside the cabin seem to be ok. but everytime i start the car the red light will come off, and then go off.
and when the roof is in the boot, the red light is still on and beeps.

but the sensor in the boot seems to be plugged in correctly.

astormsau
22-04-2008, 08:13 PM
the sensors in the roof might need cleaning. they also have plugs so might be disconnected.

i would suggest taping down the sensor in the boot whilst having the roof locked in place, see what that does.

Also try putting roof in the boot and then inserting a screw driver into 1 cabin slot where the roof pins go, and then do the other whilst leaving the first screw driver in.... something is a miss and id say its with the roof sensors, you might just need to actually look at them by removing cabin plastics.

Andrew

CRXDEL501
22-04-2008, 08:32 PM
yeahh i was thinkking to clean all sensors.
i solved a bit of the problem, so at least we know we are getting somewhere.
let ya know what happens tomorrow.

cheers again everyone.