PDA

View Full Version : Asr

RtN
20-04-2008, 01:53 PM
Hey so yeh the ASR it's a subframe re-enforcement is it a tie bar too? And what's the difference between the two and do I need the subframe to prevent tearing if i'm just gonna run stock EM1 rear sway? Thanks. And I see on these sites... how it's compatible for like type R only or big size sway bar... can it hold my stock bar or will it be too loose?

zco
20-04-2008, 04:01 PM
no. you dont need a asr brace if you're using the stock sway.

its designed to run a 22-24mm sway bar

your stock bar wont even fit on it.

T-onedc2
20-04-2008, 04:27 PM
And if you have an ASR kit you won't need a separate tie bar.

RtN
20-04-2008, 04:31 PM
ah well yeh cause i think i've seen people do combos w/ beaks and ASR .. maybe its just for bling then.. Ah well guess its just Beaks for me! Thanks!

RtN
30-04-2008, 04:15 PM
Do beaks tie bar hang so low that it is unsuitable for daily driving?

Limbo
30-04-2008, 04:58 PM
from the beaks that i've seen they hang low.

I would have thought the stock swaybar would fit with an ASR.
I know people putting on CTR sway with it, & i have a whiteline bar with it.
And yeah don't need the rear tie bar if you have the ASR

RtN
30-04-2008, 05:18 PM
Yeh... the seller told me the stock sway bar would fit on it.. hmm.. just use the old bushings perhaps? Not sure.. gonna upgrade to CTR one later anyway but was wondering if I can just get ASR first LOL.

Limbo
30-04-2008, 08:19 PM
teh bushings for a swaybar are cheap. less than $20

RtN
30-04-2008, 08:43 PM
As in.. is that the only difference to fit a stock sway bar and a CTR one onto the ASR??

dahon
30-04-2008, 09:02 PM
you reckon stock will fit asr? cos the asr brace is thick, and the stock sway comes with those mounting brackets, so itll shift the sway further towards the back by say 20mm? so what will you do with your endlinks? right? lolz
unless you can mount the sway without those brackets. then it should be all gooot

Limbo
01-05-2008, 01:20 PM
pretty sure the end links have abit of play in them and should still fit.
Otherwise why would they sell the ASR without a swaybar?

Also i had my whiteline bar without the ASR and it fit fine. And then i put an ASR on.
What is the difference if i had a stock bar? it fits in the same places as the whiteline bar.

dahon
01-05-2008, 05:58 PM
oh cos my stock bar comes with these two mounting brackets, it like pushes your bushings further towards the lever arm of the sway, and also sits on the subframe, so the brackets are say 20mm deep, so if i put those on an asr it will push the sway further from the subframe, around 40mm instead of say 20mm?

TheSaint
01-05-2008, 06:06 PM
just get a whiteline tie brace for now, it will be cheaper, do the same job and wont stick out or hang too low =)

also remember that stiffening the rear of the car will make the car handle differently, i would recommend driving someone elses to decide if you like the difference or not, the stronger rear sway bar mod is great but it really is only useful for track, i actually found mine to be a pain on street driving - especially in wet weather

good luck =)

Killa From Manila
01-05-2008, 06:25 PM
stock 14mm swaybar (ek4, em1) WONT fit on an asr brace because of the D brackets. The mounting holes on the asr brace for the D brackets r somthing like 70mm apart which suits 22/23mm bars, but the holes on the 14mm D bracket r somthing like 50mm apart.

The mounting base for the 14mm bar has the right size holes, but using this on the asr will sit the swaybar too far out so it wont clear ur exhaust, and the endlinks wont reach ur lca's properly!

dahon
01-05-2008, 06:29 PM
yeh thats what i meant... the d brackets.. hehe lolz i cant explain properly..
hehehe thanks mah filo brodda! :D

T-onedc2
01-05-2008, 06:38 PM
Do beaks tie bar hang so low that it is unsuitable for daily driving?
Yeah mine hangs low but is fine for daily driving. My front lip and cat converter hang lower tho, so nothing to worry about.

Ps. If you hit a possum or cat but the front lip doesn't kill em, the tie bar will :)