PDA

View Full Version : Euro - is non-navigation model still available

tarik
20-04-2008, 04:54 PM
Hi all,

I drove past Rick Damelian today and wanted to check out the different colour options for Euro in person (can't decide on Black vs Graphite).

Anyway, they had the Euro Lux-Nav on sale and the sales guy was trying to persuade me how non-navigation model is no longer available - at all.

I'm looking at buying a new Euro in June (probably during the one-day-sale event), but can anyone confirm if this is really true or not?

I don't feel like buying the nav model and paying $3k extra for it.

Thanks...

aaronng
20-04-2008, 05:44 PM
They should give it to you at non-Nav prices if they can't sell you a non-nav. LOL. They might rather make a sale than see you go buy a 2nd hand car?

tarik
20-04-2008, 05:51 PM
Yeah, that was basically their claim today - "get Nav at non-Nav price". However, that sounded like BS to me 'cos on paper the Nav version costs him $3k more. So, I should then be able to get an even better price for the non-Nav version...

I know the model is getting replaced in Sept, so I just wanted to check if the non-Nav model has really been officially discontinued or not.

EuroBro
20-04-2008, 05:54 PM
Hi all,

I drove past Rick Damelian today and wanted to check out the different colour options for Euro in person (can't decide on Black vs Graphite).

Anyway, they had the Euro Lux-Nav on sale and the sales guy was trying to persuade me how non-navigation model is no longer available - at all.

I'm looking at buying a new Euro in June (probably during the one-day-sale event), but can anyone confirm if this is really true or not?

I don't feel like buying the nav model and paying $3k extra for it.

Thanks...

I had the Accord Euro with Nav and must admit it wasn't very good. A tomtom is far better than this. The new Accord V6-L satnav is a major improvement on the Euro's satnav. I regret wasting 3K on it.

aaronng
20-04-2008, 06:02 PM
Yeah, that was basically their claim today - "get Nav at non-Nav price". However, that sounded like BS to me 'cos on paper the Nav version costs him $3k more. So, I should then be able to get an even better price for the non-Nav version...

I know the model is getting replaced in Sept, so I just wanted to check if the non-Nav model has really been officially discontinued or not.

Tell them you are prepared to pay $39,000 (or whatever price you want) for the non-nav model, and see if they will give it to you at that same price you were willing to pay for the non-nav in the first place.

eg_08_wa
20-04-2008, 06:09 PM
AFAIK, all honda dealers around australia are trying to sell of their 07 accord euro's in preparation for the new 08 model, some of which are already in sydney...
this, in my opinion is the perfect time to bargin like an asian. get as much free shit, or pay as little as you can..

pls correct me if im wrong

BiLL|z0r
20-04-2008, 06:48 PM
If they can throw it in for free then may as well get it, even it is is a bit crappy, better than nothing.

aaronng
20-04-2008, 07:45 PM
I'd bargain for cheap as for sure.... I'd target 3k below RRP as my starting price for driveaway, and work upwards to about 1.5k below RRP as my limit. Otherwise, I'd just walk away from the deal.

neborama
20-04-2008, 08:26 PM
This is bullshit.
I paid a visit to Larke Hoskins Honda, Roseberry today and there were more than 2 non sat nav vehicles available.

However, the Euro Lux w/ Sat Nav, Automatic drive away price is $40K with NO accessories. (farken cheap!)

Speak to Pal (salesman) if you visit them.

.QD
20-04-2008, 09:27 PM
I got mine a few weeks ago, and mine was pretty "rare". I was after a manual 07/08, Black on Black Euro Lux with no Sat-Nav, as the Sat-Nav on the Euro is a POS. They only found two in the system. Mine came from WA.

My Nokia + Tomtom + BT GPS receiver is better than the Euro Sat-Nav.

Exar Kun
21-04-2008, 05:39 PM
I was after ivory on black or ivory on mocha with manual with no sat nav when I got mine but there were hardly any around. WA was the only place so I ended up getting a good deal with the sat nav included.

phobolism
21-04-2008, 06:03 PM
This is bullshit.
I paid a visit to Larke Hoskins Honda, Roseberry today and there were more than 2 non sat nav vehicles available.

However, the Euro Lux w/ Sat Nav, Automatic drive away price is $40K with NO accessories. (farken cheap!)

Speak to Pal (salesman) if you visit them.

neb stop visiting honda dealers u already got your car! this guy, honda junky

viper8548
22-04-2008, 04:52 PM
I got mine a few weeks ago, and mine was pretty "rare". I was after a manual 07/08, Black on Black Euro Lux with no Sat-Nav, as the Sat-Nav on the Euro is a POS. They only found two in the system. Mine came from WA.

My Nokia + Tomtom + BT GPS receiver is better than the Euro Sat-Nav.

I was also told they are out of Non-SatNav Euros at Collins Honda, they had to order my manual Nighthawk Black with Black Interior from VIC saying they are rare and no one wants manual , no one wants black exterior cos its hot and hard to keep clean, and no one wants black interior cos its even hotter so my combination was extremely rare. lawwwl I managed to get one for $38k drive away 2008 Lux with premium plates, tints, full interior panel set, full tank of petrol and mats, cant wait to pick it up next week :cool:

phobolism
22-04-2008, 09:27 PM
I was also told they are out of Non-SatNav Euros at Collins Honda, they had to order my manual Nighthawk Black with Black Interior from VIC saying they are rare and no one wants manual , no one wants black exterior cos its hot and hard to keep clean, and no one wants black interior cos its even hotter so my combination was extremely rare. lawwwl I managed to get one for $38k drive away 2008 Lux with premium plates, tints, full interior panel set, full tank of petrol and mats, cant wait to pick it up next week :cool:

bargain man, nice work, 40k is rrp n u got it below that drive away with goodies

viper8548
22-04-2008, 11:28 PM
bargain man, nice work, 40k is rrp n u got it below that drive away with goodies

rrp is actually $40990 i did sit with the sales for 3.5 hours lol, im actually not sure if its a bargain but the sales did say it was the best he can do, after I convinced him to ask his boss 3 times.

EuroDude
23-04-2008, 09:39 AM
Go around to various dealers and tell them you want a Quote with the accessories you want. Dealers hate quotes because they need to provide a decent price and cant rip you off. If you include the accessories in the Quote, they dont have a chance to charge you $1000 for reverse sensors worth $50 lol

I remember reading that the non-NAV models are not sold anymore, even the base model has SatNav now I think, at no extra cost.

UNLS1
24-04-2008, 12:02 PM
only older stock that is left with no sat nav avail, otherwise all 08s have nav standard

viper8548
24-04-2008, 12:42 PM
I've been told the production for the current euro has stopped in japan, getting the colour you want won't be easy.