PDA

View Full Version : Does Euro's standard player play MP3

tarik
20-04-2008, 04:58 PM
Hi all,

As per my other post, I'm looking at getting a new Euro Lux soon...

Rick Damelian sales guy was telling me that the standard CD player that comes with Euro can play MP3.

However, Honda doesn't explicitly list that and also there's a $1500 "Multi Media Audio Player" (Description: "MP3 Format Audio Player") listed as an option.

Can anyone confirm or deny this please?

If it does play MP3, is it only from a CD-ROM or from a DVD-ROM as well?

Thanks...

viper8548
20-04-2008, 05:38 PM
No the stadard player doesnt play MP3s, only the Multimedia Audio Player addon plays it. However if the sales guy said it remember his name and act dumb, after buying the car go complain and get the Mediaplayer free! :P

Ray
20-04-2008, 06:08 PM
I was told that the CD player played MP3 when I bouht my Euro, but after complaining to Honda that it would not, all they would offer was the Multimedia player at "cost". I ended up getting a plug in FM transmiiter from JayCar that I can plug in a portable MP3 player, USB or SD card.
http://www.jaycar.com.au/productResults.asp?FORM=CAT

aaronng
20-04-2008, 07:44 PM
Yeah, it doesn't play. Don't get tricked by the salesperson.

viper8548
20-04-2008, 09:21 PM
I was told that the CD player played MP3 when I bouht my Euro, but after complaining to Honda that it would not, all they would offer was the Multimedia player at "cost". I ended up getting a plug in FM transmiiter from JayCar that I can plug in a portable MP3 player, USB or SD card.
http://www.jaycar.com.au/productResults.asp?FORM=CAT

Oh, I remember a few people got it free after complaining :cool:

.QD
20-04-2008, 09:31 PM
Tell the salesman to put it in writing :D, but no it doesnt do MP3, bit disappointing, you'd think they used the same/similar headunit across the range of their cars.

I have an ipod so I just purchased the ipod adapter, not too bad.

racerwannabe
20-04-2008, 10:11 PM
Alternatively, buy a xcarlink for ~$160. Quite easy to install as well.

viper8548
20-04-2008, 11:44 PM
Tell the salesman to put it in writing :D, but no it doesnt do MP3, bit disappointing, you'd think they used the same/similar headunit across the range of their cars.

I have an ipod so I just purchased the ipod adapter, not too bad.

Its not the hardware that doesnt suppost MP3, its the software, so unless someone knows how to reprogram the software that plays the audio even if you steal a 6 disc stacker form for example a fd civic and connect it to the euro it still wont play mp3, of cos unless you can get the software over.

badthing
21-04-2008, 11:01 AM
Rick Damelian sales guy was telling me that the standard CD player that comes with Euro can play MP3.

I was also mislead. The salesperson at a different dealership told me that it played mp3 but that turned out not to be the case.

Daleyb93
18-10-2012, 12:00 PM
EEk, revival inbound!
I'm wondering if not MP3 what formats it actually CAN handle?
I'm going to burn a CD but not sure what format I should do it in :(

Thanks,
Dale.

Fredoops
18-10-2012, 12:02 PM
EEk, revival inbound!
I'm wondering if not MP3 what formats it actually CAN handle?
I'm going to burn a CD but not sure what format I should do it in :(

Thanks,
Dale.

Audio Cd format