PDA

View Full Version : Neptune Ecu

blackshadow42
20-04-2008, 10:04 PM
Hi guys

I'm using NEPTUNE ECU for my car and It was all good....No idea about other cars but for me is :thumbsup:

I know in US lots of people been using it....any other suggestion about NEPTUNE ECU?

bennjamin
20-04-2008, 10:04 PM
what other suggestion about it ? can you get it for me and my b series ?

sendok
20-04-2008, 10:10 PM
i think he means comparison from Neptune ECU (as a new brand ECU in here) and with HONDATA, or with autronic, etc.

IMO, neptune quite new, i dont know much but ususally hondata is an easy go to plug and play for B or K series...

blackshadow42
20-04-2008, 10:57 PM

sure man....I'm using it in b series engine...

EuroAccord13
20-04-2008, 11:21 PM

AK Motorworks is looking for test cars in Sydney Ben, won't hurt to call and ask :)

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=88708

aaronng
20-04-2008, 11:56 PM
Is the Neptune OBD 0 and I only? Does it support OBD II?

grumpy rooster
21-04-2008, 12:01 AM
Yes, supports OBDII by an adaptor harness.

aaronng
21-04-2008, 12:12 AM
Would it work on an OBDII with electronic throttle like the Euro? Does it support VTC control?

grumpy rooster
21-04-2008, 12:42 AM
No. Neptune supports B/D/H/F series engines (not F20C) at the moment.

Encor3
22-04-2008, 12:02 AM
I've got Neptune aswell :)

Cost wise Neptune really wins hands down when compared to Hondata.
Has everything hondata can offer + more.

Will post dyno of my car tomorrow :)

CRXer
22-04-2008, 12:17 AM
Cost wise Neptune really wins hands down when compared to Hondata.
Has everything hondata can offer + more.

and the cost & extra features are?

Dxs
22-04-2008, 12:41 AM
any links with info about this?

obd0!?

sendok
22-04-2008, 02:05 PM
Originally Posted by Dxs View Post
any links with info about this?
obd0!?

OBD1 OBD2 are On Board Diagnostic. There are 2 type, which is 1 and 2 depends on your car. You can find info about that here:

http://www.obd1.com/

I dont know if any in OzHonda already talk about it.

Dxs
22-04-2008, 05:34 PM
i dont understand you sendok..

i am not a noob to ecu's

well i checked their site
http://www.hrtuning.com/

nothing about Neptune RTP working with OBD0.. seems they just say, convert to obd1

so no OBD0 support (unless you call changing your ecu, dizzy, some wiring and o2 sensor as supportive, if so u r a tard imo)

goes for 400USD as well?

whtcrx
22-04-2008, 09:28 PM
I know James (the Author) AND have a copy of Neptune... doesnt support OBD0.

bennjamin
22-04-2008, 09:30 PM
I know James (the Author) AND have a copy of Neptune... doesnt support OBD0.

how does it compare to ProECU eh ?

whtcrx
22-04-2008, 09:32 PM
Dont know - dont have that, but ive heard good things

Dxs
22-04-2008, 09:48 PM
well estentially hondata/crome/bre/neptune.. are just all hex editors that make sense of the data on the ROM in the ecus..

just looks like neptune RTP is a board that plugs into the ROM socket, as an interface to a PC, so then you can adjust map and other values in real time..

you can do the same with say just a socketed ECU and an Ostrich and a datalogging cable as well, using say crome.. cost the same as well, with a chip burner..

comes down to how good the software is really,

blackshadow42
23-04-2008, 01:27 PM

i am not a noob to ecu's

nothing about Neptune RTP working with OBD0.. seems they just say, convert to obd1

so no OBD0 support (unless you call changing your ecu, dizzy, some wiring and o2 sensor as supportive, if so u r a tard imo)

goes for 400USD as well?

NEPTUNE does support OBD0 but need to convert to OBD1
i'm not sure is it the loom or something else...

Dxs
23-04-2008, 01:41 PM
NO IT DOESNT

how can you say a product supports something, if you need to convert to something.. did you even read the text in the brackets?
you need dizzy, o2, ecu and wiring (at least 300aud at best for used parts)

it is like saying, a product supports honda, as long as you convert to driving nissan.

sendok
23-04-2008, 03:27 PM
yeah it doesn't support obd0. need to convert in order to run obd1.

i am not a noob to ecu's

goes for 400USD as well?

uhmm.. i'm the one who is noob to ecu, so i should ask you?

blackshadow42
23-04-2008, 11:02 PM
NO IT DOESNT

how can you say a product supports something, if you need to convert to something.. did you even read the text in the brackets?
you need dizzy, o2, ecu and wiring (at least 300aud at best for used parts)

it is like saying, a product supports honda, as long as you convert to driving nissan.

Sorry...didn't read the text in the brackets. I replied too quick...hahaha...anyway...have fun...

Dxs
23-04-2008, 11:17 PM
so no one has had any first hand experience with this device?? andy/akmotorworks is too scared to reply because he will probably post advertisements/promotions..

i guess hondata for the b series is just a chipped stock ecu with an additional box for wanky features many people dont need..
where as this u can tune on the fly, dont need an emulator and rom burner like hondata.. so basically this is easier for the backyard tuner..

but i dont think neptune software is freely availble?
kinda killing one potential market there?

CRXer
23-04-2008, 11:24 PM
i guess hondata for the b series is just a chipped stock ecu with an additional box for wanky features many people dont need..
where as this u can tune on the fly, dont need an emulator and rom burner like hondata.. so basically this is easier for the backyard tuner..

Dude,do some more hondata research

Your talking about the S200

S300 u can tune "on the fly",no emulators,burners,etc,just usb straight to laptop.

S300,Smanager software is free too.

Encor3
23-04-2008, 11:27 PM
so no one has had any first hand experience with this device?? andy/akmotorworks is too scared to reply because he will probably post advertisements/promotions..

but i dont think neptune software is freely availble?
kinda killing one potential market there?

what do you mean no one has had first hand experience?
didn't the original poster say good things... :confused:

for what its worth, i have it in my car and cant say enough great things about it so... ??

94dc2tegz
23-04-2008, 11:32 PM

i've got one running in my car atm mate

although i can't tell you how well it goes from a tuner/tuner friendly point of view or even the technicals but it goes quite nicely from where i'm sitting =D

from what I understand it offers similar options to the s300 hondata but i'm sure some people have their problems with that and of course they could b quite pricey.

anyways, it's being released soon so be patient.

Andy will have the answers soon =)

CRXer
23-04-2008, 11:33 PM

for what its worth, i have it in my car and cant say enough great things about it so... ??

I think he means people that actually use it,not just people who drive round with it installed in their car

Dxs
23-04-2008, 11:47 PM

this is like everything though, most people say the product is good, simply because they have it, no real logic or rationale behind it.. this is why people say buddyclub suspension is good..

but anyway
the original poster has had no first hand experience with it, his tuner would have.. the poster just has experience with the tune itself..

the product doesnt seem all that revolutionary at all, curious to see what the software is like though..

but anyway...

Dxs
24-04-2008, 12:02 AM
thanks for the info crxer

edit: crxer deleted his post?

he mentioned the s300 has a module similar to the neptune rtp.. for on the fly via usb.... i am ignorant

CRXer
24-04-2008, 12:14 AM
Nah........post still there

From the research i have done the S300 & Neptune are very similar products,as far as price & features are concerned,someone care to set me straight on this?

I guess it will come down to the software & your tuner for which one u choose,neptune looks the goods ,but u wont get the amount of support behind the S300 as u do atm.

sendok
24-04-2008, 09:43 AM
probably it's showing any difference with the cost, and on the tuner's view both are easy to use? board attached.

http://img112.imageshack.us/img112/418/gabungangm6.th.jpg (http://img112.imageshack.us/my.php?image=gabungangm6.jpg)

blackshadow42
24-04-2008, 01:20 PM

u got neptune installed in your car as well??

blackshadow42
24-04-2008, 01:26 PM
this is like everything though, most people say the product is good, simply because they have it, no real logic or rationale behind it.. this is why people say buddyclub suspension is good..

but anyway
the original poster has had no first hand experience with it, his tuner would have.. the poster just has experience with the tune itself..

the product doesnt seem all that revolutionary at all, curious to see what the software is like though..

but anyway...

You are right, my tuner had the first hand experience. Great tuner + great neptune = great feeling...hahaha...

that'll do ....

Encor3
24-04-2008, 08:50 PM
u got neptune installed in your car as well??

pusing right :P mine was in before yours,

heard you did around 120 at the dyno. 1.6t not bad ;)

EKVTIR-T
24-04-2008, 09:13 PM
120 for B16t?

sendok
24-04-2008, 10:19 PM
^
as i know 120kw with b16a stock internal boosted :D

sorry if am wrong..

EKVTIR-T
24-04-2008, 10:21 PM
Isn't that a bit low?

sendok
24-04-2008, 10:25 PM
^ i dont know myself actually... what approx figure you think would get? or maybe anybody got similar setup and result? i dont know exactly, but let's wait he reply :D

sendok
24-04-2008, 10:27 PM

hey bro.. do you mind let us know how many kw's u make with what setup, and neptune ecu of course?

EKVTIR-T
24-04-2008, 10:33 PM
Better let him explain his setup first,rather than judge.
See what he say's.

blackshadow42
24-04-2008, 11:01 PM

haoahohaoa...nice2....how many KWs you've made? and what are the mods?

blackshadow42
24-04-2008, 11:02 PM
Isn't that a bit low?

how many Kws is yours? and what's your setup?

EKVTIR-T
24-04-2008, 11:11 PM
how many Kws is yours? and what's your setup?

I drive na DA9,what are you talking about lol.

blk_shadow
25-04-2008, 12:23 AM
I think, the important thing about producing more Kw, is in fact lies in what type of Turbo he's using also. T25, T28 etc.

the ECU is just another mean of help to produce and stabilize the power output.

sendok
25-04-2008, 12:55 AM
yeah it's true, that's why we need to know for example 3 person using similar setup with turbo or not... as long as it's similar, and using neptune ecu.. that what i'm askin if anybody got one probably share here...

AKmotorworks
25-04-2008, 02:07 AM
Ill reply here regarding this turbo setup, as we are the ones who made it.

The kit was made to comply with emissions, EPA and engineering which it will pass if he went to the cost and trouble of getting the certificates. Further, it is only running 4psi of boost.

120kws is low if your comparing it to a big turbo, big exhaust setup. This kit was not made this way, it was made for streetable power and response, and keeping in mind it still runs a restrictive 2.5inch exhaust system that is very quiet.

On top of this, our dyno is known to read quite low compared to other dynos. The stock b16a powered cars normally run 72-75 kws on our dyno, so if you take the factor that we have about 55kws gain out of a previous 75kws, thats approximately 75% power increase.

Ultimately, the proof is in the way the car drives, ill leave that to the owner :)

AKmotorworks
25-04-2008, 02:09 AM
re the Neptune ecu, it is currently being setup around the country with excellent and trustworthy tuners. I wont comment at this stage as each state will be covered by their respective dealers, and they will be the ones to ask for any advice and questions.

In the meantime, if you guys are interested in the extensive capabilities of this ecu, you can download the software from Neptune's home site:

Hrtuning.com

Its free, its not secret, its all there for you to see. The Australian version can be found on our website soon enough:

AKmotorworks.com.au

Please be patient as our website and our dealers/tuners are updated. More information about the Australian unit will follow.

blackshadow42
25-04-2008, 11:22 AM
I think those explanations cover up the whole curiosity about neptune ecu. hahahaha...i think this thread will soon end... :p

ACTI0NMAN-1
25-04-2008, 05:16 PM
Thanks to AKmotorworks advice i'm now running neptune. Runs excellent. maps seem to run smoother than most rom editors. I would now recommend it over uberdata, crome and even over hondata.

sendok
25-04-2008, 10:40 PM
good info.. now it's time do some reading :D

ACTI0NMAN-1
26-04-2008, 01:18 PM
Already tuned and had some excellent gains; the Next step is seeing how it goes with nitrous. But i wont have time for that tuning for a month or two.

Benson
26-04-2008, 02:42 PM
oh big call over hondata....need to see this computer in action.

AKmotorworks
02-05-2008, 01:41 AM
yeah download the software from the link thats posted. I assure u it works very well.