PDA

View Full Version : S2K engine start in dc2R

absolutR
20-04-2008, 10:25 PM
hey guys,
i just bought an s2k engine start button for my dc2r and had a look at trying to install it today. I've read the instructions but that doesnt outline specifically how to get it into the blank spot nest to the steering wheel. After taking apart the dash part below the steering wheel allowing me to access the blank cover i'm stuck. The button is a different size so it seems like a new plug has to be made to sit the button into the dash. The wiring i'm alright with, its just how to utilize that blank spot. cheers

aaronng
20-04-2008, 10:31 PM
Moving to the Integra section.

connections
20-04-2008, 11:10 PM
cut it out maybe....

JasonGilholme
20-04-2008, 11:24 PM
you need to PM clint (username = Clint)

He's done it to his DC2 VTIR along with many other things. He'll be able to help you out. :thumbsup:

absolutR
21-04-2008, 06:08 PM
Anywaysss...

Does anyone have any links to any good installation 'how to's. or anybody done it that can help me out

Icegroove
21-04-2008, 07:25 PM
Hey mate - i also had the exact same problem as yourself - ok with the wiring, but couldn't get the dimmer out.

You need a flat head screw driver to do it. Look around the rim of it and you can see a spot for the flathead tip.

I didn't wanna pry to hard with a flat head...but apparently thats how you do it! just becareful when you it so you dont rip the dash.

Maybe not helpful to you - but related:

http://www.team-integra.net/forum/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=3&TopicID=204195&SearchPagePosition=1&search=dimmer&searchMode=allwords&searchIn=Topic&forum=0&searchSort=dateDESC&ReturnPage=Search

:wave:

absolutR
21-04-2008, 08:56 PM
Hey mate - i also had the exact same problem as yourself - ok with the wiring, but couldn't get the dimmer out.

You need a flat head screw driver to do it. Look around the rim of it and you can see a spot for the flathead tip.

I didn't wanna pry to hard with a flat head...but apparently thats how you do it! just becareful when you it so you dont rip the dash.

Maybe not helpful to you - but related:

http://www.team-integra.net/forum/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=3&TopicID=204195&SearchPagePosition=1&search=dimmer&searchMode=allwords&searchIn=Topic&forum=0&searchSort=dateDESC&ReturnPage=Search

:wave:

Wow i'm amazed man, that was exactly what i needed, thanks heaps. i read some articles the other day saying that you can swap the button with the dimmer housing to the left side and put the blank on the right, i'll give it ago tomorrow and tell u how it went.
cheers exactly what i been searching for.. champion

Icegroove
21-04-2008, 08:58 PM
^
Yeah no probs buddy.

let us know how it goes - cos I wanna see how hard it is to switch the blank with the dimmer and s2k buton to the right side.

G-Stick
21-04-2008, 11:17 PM
Starter button increases hp.

I heard orange ones are the quickest.

i bet u got 10 start buttons then.. .. ..

anyways

hope u enjoy the button Pat :thumbsup:

GSi_PSi
22-04-2008, 01:43 AM
pics or ban

Double R
22-04-2008, 03:09 PM
I got starter buttons as door handles. Instead of pulling the door you press ENGINE START

G-Stick
22-04-2008, 04:43 PM
wow wat a sick kunt