PDA

View Full Version : Integra Lca's

lil_foy
21-04-2008, 03:44 PM
Well im looking at getting coilovers in the future *I have a dc2 Integra"97" * but soon I am getting a new swaybar. Ive been told I need a type-r or aftermarket lca to host the new suspenion but if i were to get a new sway bar for my car, once I get my suspenion will the sway bar need to be changed?

What is the difference between type-r lca's and vtir lca's?

Cheers
------
lil_foy

Jon_51
21-04-2008, 04:12 PM
the bottom of the shock sits inside the itr lca's, and the bottom of the shock has a fork that sits on either side of the vtir lca's.
your swaybar will bolt up to either

rikstar
22-04-2008, 09:03 AM
just be careful about the clearance between the swaybar and Type R LCA. I bought a rear swaybar from Whileline for my 98' VTi-R.

Because i had ITR LCA's the swaybar would occasionally rub against the LCA causing an annoying noise.

But others have done this without any issues, so maybe I was just unlucky.

L a z y b O Y
24-04-2008, 10:42 AM
just be careful about the clearance between the swaybar and Type R LCA. I bought a rear swaybar from Whileline for my 98' VTi-R.

Because i had ITR LCA's the swaybar would occasionally rub against the LCA causing an annoying noise.

But others have done this without any issues, so maybe I was just unlucky.

did you use the oem brackets or did whiteline give you the D brackets rikstar? i have a whiteline swaybar but they didnt give me any brackets to mount it onto the subframe :thumbdwn:

dudeling7
24-04-2008, 11:47 AM
with a type r swaybar on a vtir you will need an asr kit an d brackets for it to fit.

this bar will fit the original endlinks.

on my car i have asr, 22mm itr swaybar, itr lca's and type r buddy club n+

and all fits fine, just gotta custom fit the brake lines and all is good :)

rikstar
24-04-2008, 12:18 PM
did you use the oem brackets or did whiteline give you the D brackets rikstar? i have a whiteline swaybar but they didnt give me any brackets to mount it onto the subframe :thumbdwn:

Mine came with the D Brackets from Whiteline. Did you buy the swaybar as a kit or just the bar itself? If you bought the kit then they should be there!

L a z y b O Y
24-04-2008, 10:17 PM
i thought they would include it but they didnt how sad ! its just sitting collecting dust

Spunkymonkey
25-04-2008, 11:54 AM
also you may need to check your exhaust, I had to raise mine in one section so it wouldn't scrub the type r lcas.

T-onedc2
25-04-2008, 12:02 PM
It seem only Whiteline sway bars have potential issues with clearance, I had my stock sway bar for a while still after I installed Type R lca's and then later a 23mm JDM 98 spec sway bar (+ Beaks reinforcement kit) and no issues.

And it's only if you want to fit suspension (shocks/coilovers) designed for Type R that you need the lca's, otherwise some companies (mostly American) make stuff for just VTi-R/GSR.