PDA

View Full Version : Question on Si

MWAKU
21-04-2008, 07:33 PM
Ok, i was reading the paper i got from the dealer, they posted the car up as an Si 1992

but on the paper, it goes it has a 1.5litre engine? d15*** something? did Si come in 1.5litire o_O? d15b4******
So im guessing its a dual carby ay? not a EFI engine : |
JHMEG44**********
So my car its a eg4?
=|
Im like confused, cause i thought Si was DOHC EFI o_O? the "i", i thought the "i" in like GLi and Si or VTi mean't efi?
Is it possible the previous owner did a conversion????
Like i really have no idea whats inside the car, because i haven't gone to look, haven't had anytime, so my dad went, and he knows jack all bout hondas.

simonnowis
21-04-2008, 07:50 PM
the eg si is a dohc efi non-vtec 1.6, vti is sohc vtec 1.6, the gli are 1.5 sohc non vtec. breeze, gl are carby engines.
eg5=vti,si and i think eg4 is the gli.
the dealer prob made a mistake, either with the engine displacement or the model, try calling up and/or go check it out for yourself.

MWAKU
21-04-2008, 07:58 PM
SO most likely the car is GLi, according to what he wrote down
I asked my dad, and his like, its "twin" cam, the engine looks bigger than the GLi
So confusion confusion
Also, whats the Si engine code? like d16*** wat?

Car is being picked up 2mrrow, i can't pick it up, got work, parents picking it up.

simonnowis
21-04-2008, 08:05 PM
si engine code is D16A8, check if the car has rear disc brakes, as the si and the vti comes with rear discs. the gli, gl, breeze come with rear drums.
also check the chasis, it should be eg5 if its an si

55EXX
22-04-2008, 07:04 AM
d16a8 is the engine and was DOHC 1.6L. the chassis no. should start with JHMEG5*****

eg5 was both the si 92-93 and the vti 94-95. all vti's came with a electric sunroof and sohc vtec (vtec only on intake duration). all came with disc brakes all round front and rear sways all electrics.

sassy_fit_vtit
22-04-2008, 10:05 PM
www.redbook.com.au

used vehicles> make, model year>vehicle specifications

Should clear up what the chassie is, what the engine should be and what features came on the car