PDA

View Full Version : painting vinyl and interior bits

Dr4g0n
08-09-2004, 02:09 AM
hey guys, thinking of painting my interior all black with a couple of silver highlights ( like shifter surround and maybe a couple of other things to break up the black abit). trying to go for the classy euro style.

the door skins and dash are in pretty good condition still so i don't wanna get them retrimmed in black, instead i wanna use the vht interior vinyl dye paint. anyone used this before? or know what dye paint i should use? should i use clearcoat on it too?

SIKCVC
08-09-2004, 02:20 AM
I'm going to throw rocks at you and steal your idea.

that is all.

not really I have more to add... I havn't used the dye before but i have used the spray, wouldn't use a clear, looks too glossy, which is something that looks ghey in interiors.

Dr4g0n
08-09-2004, 02:45 AM
I'm going to throw rocks at you and steal your idea.

pffft says the guy who has dead animals on his doors and boot.... :p

MRJDM
08-09-2004, 08:50 PM
if you wanna make a real project have a go at fibreglassing the interior

im about to do a mate civic, dash and and door panel

wish me good luck

DCLXVI
12-09-2004, 01:16 AM
you shldnt use clearcoat over it.. i think the interior looks better if its matt. To achieve the classy euro style, i think you probably can combine the use of matt black and beige. E.g upper trim black (ie. dashboard) and lower part biege (ie. glovebox), and maybe you can re-carpet the car with beige carpet (from bunnings) as well.. hope everything goes well for your project.

just my 2 cents.

wolf
12-09-2004, 07:35 PM
i originally did my my iterior with a white vinel paint, bad choice because scraches off too easily, with my dad being a paiter i found out that tupac paint (definatly matt finish the glare of the sun will do your eyes in) is definatly the best choice, take out all the panels you want painted and use a spray gun cause the spray cans are crap. For the carpet inserts i got normal carpet that i wanted ripped out the old ones and cut the new ones a little bit bigger then used a glue gun to stick it back on the plastic thing it was on.

SiR JDM
13-09-2004, 09:17 AM
Let us know how you got dr4g0n... pics would be good too ^_^

Disco-d
14-09-2004, 12:52 AM
hey dr4gon yeah i jsut painted my car about 2-3weeks ago....had a blue paint B4, its aint that

hard....i mean just look around for the right paints make sure its for vinyl...LOL...buy a dirt

and grease remover....it helps alot....also get a primer....i used it, it seems to work well...

and also i found that a vinyl clear gaurd is fine as well...it just helps with scratches n

stuff...

heres a pic of how mine turned out...

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8651