PDA

View Full Version : Broken window

dannybubu
21-04-2008, 11:29 PM
hey guys...my window got smashed and my gps was stolen...so anyone know how much it would be to replace the window? it's front passenger window...oh im in melbourne...so places would be good too...haha thanks guys

Double R
21-04-2008, 11:30 PM
Forget the window, but another GPS

dannybubu
21-04-2008, 11:31 PM
dude...u know how cold it is when im driving? FREEZING MAN! oh yeh...also...is there anyway i can relocate my gps via satelite or anything? imma hunt those mofos down...

ej20i
22-04-2008, 09:10 AM
that depends on wad gps u had
if it was a garmin u can

dannybubu
22-04-2008, 09:23 AM
bingo...garmin nuvi 310

dupac->
22-04-2008, 09:25 AM
lol next time wipe off the suction cap marks off your windscreen then they wont target ur car.
thats if you had a mark there.

renegadeice
22-04-2008, 09:45 AM
Forget the window, but another GPS

forget the window!? are you high?

darkshines
22-04-2008, 02:38 PM
yeah same thing happened to me a month back and far worst, next to capitol square on this street called parker st, anyone here from sydney would know.

anyways my left hand side passenger window got smashed and my gps (mio c520) + ipod, and my nikon d60 which i only had less than a month was also gone! and the whole happened than less than the period of less than an hour!

anyways just gotta be more careful!

triode12
22-04-2008, 03:02 PM
lol next time wipe off the suction cap marks off your windscreen then they wont target ur car.
thats if you had a mark there.

You mean these thugs will break in even if the suction cup marks are there?
Wouldn't cup marks mean that the gps is no longer in the car?

renegadeice
22-04-2008, 04:24 PM
a friend of mine was telling me that the carpark he uses when he goes to work was advising their customers to remove their GPS holders from sight, even if their GPS units weren't in the car.

dupac->
22-04-2008, 05:04 PM
You mean these thugs will break in even if the suction cup marks are there?
Wouldn't cup marks mean that the gps is no longer in the car?
well.. in most cases when they remove the gps from the window.. generally in shopping centres its only placed out of sight.. pretty much inthe glove box n shit...

so the thugs would have a crack at it.. *BOOM* open and HELLO GPS..

wipe it off to be safe. remove the bracket wipe the glass.. and you should be ok.

shadou
22-04-2008, 05:53 PM
you should try calling some Honda wreckers before resorting to a dealership, there is a thread in the WTB section of wreckers in Melbourne, then get some generic workshop to fit the new glass in. This option is much cheaper

cracker
22-04-2008, 07:44 PM
same thing happend...wallet and laptop stolen...brothers gear tho...went to obrians the next day...new window...pretty fast

darkshines
23-04-2008, 03:22 AM
anyone know if our FD has a function where we can lock the boot?

denot
23-04-2008, 09:57 AM
anyone know if our FD has a function where we can lock the boot?

huh? I thought we just need to slam/close the boot and its autolock and can only be opened from inside or with the key :confused:

cracker
23-04-2008, 09:59 AM
yeah thats what i think 2

darkshines
23-04-2008, 03:16 PM
i mean like a function where you can lock it, can be open with a key only and not from the inside (under the seat)

so a theft won't be able to open it once they break into the window, cos alarm aint gonna do jack

denot
24-04-2008, 06:57 AM
i mean like a function where you can lock it, can be open with a key only and not from the inside (under the seat)

so a theft won't be able to open it once they break into the window, cos alarm aint gonna do jack

er.... never heard any car can do dat... well not for cars that in civic range... Maybe update the alarm?

TheGoodDeal
24-04-2008, 11:32 PM
I'm not sure about FD Civic. But my brother Holden Vectra can lock the boot (has a switch inside the hatch door) and a knob to lock the fold down back seats too. So check your boot to see are there any switchs. Also check if the boot releaser is electronic (not cable) then you can install the switch.