PDA

View Full Version : V6 Civic

yusio
22-04-2008, 02:06 PM
i have been thinking about this prject for a few years. Basically what i have always wanted to do is put and NSX motor into a EG or EK civic. Now i know its going to cost big dollars so i'm not to worried about that but has it been done before and if so with what results?? And if it has been done does anyone have links etc???

SiReal
22-04-2008, 02:23 PM
ok, be prepared to be flamed by everyone who reads this.

but as a high level answer, no. FWD + RWD engine.. with money, anything can be done.

Its heavy. Get a light K series if ur looking for power.

yusio
22-04-2008, 02:28 PM
Doesnt really worry me if i get flamed K series have been done to death and are only about 70% capacity of the NSX motor. Even though it is a RWD the motor is still east-west!

Mr_will
22-04-2008, 02:31 PM
Doesnt really worry me if i get flamed K series have been done to death and are only about 70% capacity of the NSX motor. Even though it is a RWD the motor is still east-west!

are you ever going to do it? probably not.

yusio
22-04-2008, 02:34 PM
Why wouldnt i do it i have spent $100,000's on cars in the past. This would be a cheaper, slower project!!

EuroAccord13
22-04-2008, 02:41 PM
Ok, so you have lots of money to spend, good for you, like Nike's Motto, JUST DO IT since you are not worried about the money, heck you might even be the first in Australia if not the World.
Your attitude will help to drive you to do this project even more...
While you're at it, make it an AWD, I'm sure you will enough money leftover to do that as well...

Nepolian
22-04-2008, 02:48 PM
Just stick it up the back and make it mid-engined!

SPEEDCORE
22-04-2008, 02:56 PM
You've spent $100,000's.... I wouldn't be seen dead in a honda if I had the opportunity to spend those amounts on cars.

shadou
22-04-2008, 02:58 PM
why not just buy an imported NSX instead? Rarity on the roads in Australia.
And speedcore makes a good point

connorling
22-04-2008, 03:14 PM
how did u spend $100000 on a car b4????? if u have so much money, why not?????

yusio
22-04-2008, 03:41 PM
I'm no bragging about how much money i have, but i did say from the start that i dont want to hear how much its going to cost etc. I know how much it will cost and thats not what i am worried about. I just want a track/street car for some fun. I didnt really ask what peoples opinions are for the project just asked for educated advice and previose results. I've seen accord V6's in civics just wondering if the NSX motor has been done? And yes i want to keep it front engined.

SPEEDCORE
22-04-2008, 04:30 PM
Yes... it has been done.

shadou
22-04-2008, 04:56 PM
I'm very doubtful that a NSX converted EG/EK will ever be street legal.

Nepolian
22-04-2008, 05:04 PM
I'm very doubtful that a NSX converted EG/EK will ever be street legal.

^ AGREED, Not unless you jump through alot of hoops. More to the point, how are you gonna get bonnet clearance?

panda[cRx]
22-04-2008, 05:06 PM
lollerskates!

i love newfags

aznpsuazn
22-04-2008, 07:38 PM
i have been thinking about this prject for a few years. Basically what i have always wanted to do is put and NSX motor into a EG or EK civic. Now i know its going to cost big dollars so i'm not to worried about that but has it been done before and if so with what results?? And if it has been done does anyone have links etc???

Yusio, I don't want to flame you or discourage you in doing what you want. That said, it's clear to everyone here that this just isn't going to happen, for a million reasons.

Please answer this question: Why did you choose a civic ? What qualities does this car have for this sort of setup? You should have the answer to this if you've been thinking for a few years.

aaronng
22-04-2008, 09:16 PM
And you'd get more power at the wheels using a turbo'd B18C2

SHIFTY
22-04-2008, 09:32 PM
might as swell use the 3.0L motor from the accord, still produces alot of power and would be considerably cheaper....

trism
22-04-2008, 09:38 PM
may as well mid mount it

Alpine
22-04-2008, 09:42 PM
might as swell use the 3.0L motor from the accord, still produces alot of power and would be considerably cheaper....

Or a 3.2 V6 from the old Legend - there's a brand new one listed on ebay at the present time.

yusio
22-04-2008, 10:27 PM
the shape and weight are the two main reasons for my choice of car. If i wanted a turbo car i would go build another STI!!! I love NA and the instant throttle response. I just sold my STI which ran 135mph down the quarter but it was laggy as hell and was a dog to drive. Its not that i am a noob, I am quiet competent with mechanics(though in no means would i consider doing the conversions myself.

Sure an old legend motor make good power but why go to all the effort with engineering and fabrication if your not going with the best. Wether i do the conversion or not is purley up to me. All I am asking for is and educated opinion. You know what is the point of being negative about a project like this? I have built many cars before and have always liked doing things a little different. To me i don't really seeing this to be two huge a project.

trism
22-04-2008, 11:24 PM
it wouldnt fit. remember, its not just the motor, you gotta fit the gbox as well

G AE82
22-04-2008, 11:47 PM
It's been done before but I say do it anyway. Signal Auto did it quite a while ago, and it was a full chop top drag car. It ran low 10's.

EK1.6LCIV
23-04-2008, 06:31 AM

It has been done in Sydney, yrs ago in their crx sir, but it is a total drag car, (tubular chassis, cage, plexiglass windows, etc) it runs an nsx engine, I'll try and dig up pics but it was a big deal a few yrs ago in the compact drag world

rpm boy
23-04-2008, 10:32 AM
hey i like the idea, im not 2 sure if its going to be street legal though but if you want it as a track car itll be hell quick, but also a kits comming out for the f20c s2k motor mayb that mite be better if you want a street track car, and its still rare as hell but i say go for the nsx motor and make sure u put up the build on the site, would love to c the work thats going to go into it

02gzm
23-04-2008, 11:10 AM
You've got more chance building your own car from scratch and road registering it than you do getting the whole drivetrain of an NSX in a civic and keeping it legal...

EuroDude
23-04-2008, 11:16 AM
Meh just get a K20 and turbo ftw

Mr_will
23-04-2008, 11:42 AM
I'm no bragging about how much money i have, but i did say from the start that i dont want to hear how much its going to cost etc. I know how much it will cost and thats not what i am worried about. I just want a track/street car for some fun. I didnt really ask what peoples opinions are for the project just asked for educated advice and previose results. I've seen accord V6's in civics just wondering if the NSX motor has been done? And yes i want to keep it front engined.

i reckon if you had $100 000 to spend on a car, you could probably also spell previous.

furthermore, if you actually had that sort of cash you'd realise there are much better options for you

yusio
23-04-2008, 12:04 PM
To be honest mate i wouldnt spend $100,000 on an EG and never had intentions on doing so! And how does making one spelling mistake limit my capacity to earn a healthy income.

And what would be a better option which i havnt done or dont have now??

SPEEDCORE
23-04-2008, 01:01 PM
That's a bit nit picky Mr Will....

Anyway... let us know if you end up doing anything with a honda of some description.

rpm boy
23-04-2008, 01:49 PM
Why dont you try importina an acura and work the shit out of that? is it possible to import it and change it to rhd?

Feverpitched
23-04-2008, 01:56 PM
the shape and weight are the two main reasons for my choice of car. If i wanted a turbo car i would go build another STI!!! I love NA and the instant throttle response. I just sold my STI which ran 135mph down the quarter but it was laggy as hell and was a dog to drive. Its not that i am a noob, I am quiet competent with mechanics(though in no means would i consider doing the conversions myself.

Sure an old legend motor make good power but why go to all the effort with engineering and fabrication if your not going with the best. Wether i do the conversion or not is purley up to me. All I am asking for is and educated opinion. You know what is the point of being negative about a project like this? I have built many cars before and have always liked doing things a little different. To me i don't really seeing this to be two huge a project.

If you've built many cars before then you'll know that money talks. Why then do you need our input? You should already know how much $100,000.00 buys in fabrication terms.

Lukey
23-04-2008, 02:05 PM
While ur at it, wanna make my DC4 a MR V8?

yusio
23-04-2008, 02:07 PM
I was asking for advice and prior development information as this is a Honda forum, in which sometimes people have educated advice and opinions. The basic geometrics are there to do the conversion. All i wanted to know if it has been done before and if any ground work has been done.

You know it wasn't that long ago that no one had put a k20 into an early civic now they are dime a dozen! I am sure it took someone to think outside the box and a fair bit of development to get the conversion to be as simple as it is today!

I will be building a honda project in the near future as i have always like honda and i miss them. Weather I go for a v6 or not is purley my call no one else's and yes money will be a contributing factor. In no way have a said that I limitless money or resources so i do not know why people keep throwing it out their.

Felix
23-04-2008, 02:11 PM
Even if you could do it and road register it. Why would you bother? NSX's are fairly light anyway, your not really going to have any performance increases over an NSX.

02gzm
23-04-2008, 04:35 PM
IMO import the AWD Acura RL, rip out the drive train and stuff it into an integra or an accord. 3.7L AWD Vtec FTW!!

panda[cRx]
23-04-2008, 04:48 PM
now is when you ask the mods the delete your account and make a new one

...otherwise FLAME ON!!!

aznpsuazn
23-04-2008, 04:58 PM
I think yo ushould build one of these. http://www.caterham.com.au/models.htm
so much more for your money

rpm boy
23-04-2008, 05:35 PM
Why is everyone dissing this guy for wanting to do something different, sure itll cost alot of money and you might think its pointless but all he asked was if it could be done which is YES , it has been but in the cases i know there only drag cars as im sure road legality would be the biggest issue with the build but im sure there was way more powerful turbo builds going on in the forum and those people are not getting dissed so let the guy have his dream

Cvik_ryda
23-04-2008, 05:47 PM
while you guy at it can u guy also gimme some educated advices lol on how to put a F22 Raptor jet turbine into my Ek please. i dont want to put 2 in cause i might have a problem with traction but yeah one will do for now.lol

Feverpitched
23-04-2008, 08:23 PM
Check out the orange drag car 1/3rd of the way down this (http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?cmd=print&id=1741656) page.

http://www.highrevphotos.com/motorsports/features/signal_auto_honda_civic/fullsize/DSC_1948.jpg

Just to give you an idea of what you're going to come up against...

aaronng
23-04-2008, 11:59 PM
while you guy at it can u guy also gimme some educated advices lol on how to put a F22 Raptor jet turbine into my Ek please. i dont want to put 2 in cause i might have a problem with traction but yeah one will do for now.lol

Been done (not F22 engine though). You do need a beetle. LOL.
http://www.ronpatrickstuff.com/images/AB12_15_05copy.jpg

paps02
25-04-2008, 06:01 PM
dear ms yusio,
seing as you have lots of money and like hondas so much. please turbo mine!!! it is really slow.

pleeeease

I heart the SSS
01-05-2008, 03:37 PM
i reckon if you had $100 000 to spend on a car, you could probably also spell previous.

furthermore, if you actually had that sort of cash you'd realise there are much better options for you

beat me to it, the amount of grammar errors is amazing. I've seen better with kids who are 13.

Too be frank, if you had the money / time / effort you wouldn't come to a ONLINE FORUM asking a question like that, you'd go to the people who done all the work on your 100,000 dollar “modded” cars.

Surely they have an idea of mounting a V style engine into a EG civic.

I mean, they've done 100,000's of dollars of custom fabrication work just from you!

They must be pretty busy folk and rather capable of performing such a conversion, as well as have an idea of the work / costs involved.

IMO a nicely modified NSX would be a dream come true. Just do that.

My two cents

nigs
01-05-2008, 06:46 PM
A race only NSX can be had for about 16-20k.
Landed.

Now all I need is a CAMS license.....

kraiye
02-05-2008, 12:04 AM
an nsx powered teg would be awesome!!

i say if you can register it, go for it!! yeah there's a been an all out drag car done, but one for the street... that would be very unique! and while you're at it, whack on a super charger - no lag ftw!

jdmlvn
02-05-2008, 11:05 AM
there's a S2K power civic somewhere on this forum..! NSX powered Civic would be quite interesting... not sure if you'll ever be able to drive it on the road..

kraiye
03-05-2008, 06:12 PM
legally ;)

trism
04-05-2008, 01:47 PM
inline pro has the f20 civic

youtube it

Pola-Civic
06-05-2008, 12:30 PM
i want yusio's bragging copyrights

cristian
13-05-2008, 10:45 AM
http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=p64BZVk3Fus&feature=related

sam.
15-05-2008, 10:27 AM
yes it's been done before, no it won't be road legal, yes it will cost shit loads, yes it will understeer shitloads, yes it will bmn fast in a straight line, all in all if you have all this money, just do it, if u have enuf money anything is possible, my mechanic has an accord v6 in his ek, not road legal but it hauls ass, and the stock bonnet closes fine!

bennyfy
22-05-2008, 11:50 AM
Yea, nothing is impossible if you have money.

If you are happy to spent a fair bit of money and time. Someone will do that for you straight away mate~

KAFER312
22-05-2008, 01:05 PM
Yo Man Just Do It,dont Worry About Anyones Opinion,go Hard Playa,im In Your Corner .