PDA

View Full Version : Best Speaker setup for DC2

Bassik
22-04-2008, 03:05 PM
Hey guys I just got a new JVC DVD player installed on the weekend and it's pretty awesome the only problem I have is that the sound is so strong coming from the back. Does anyone else have this problem? I can't basically hear anything from the front set of speakers. Now I know I have a pair of Pioneer TS-D161S at the back, the front ones are your $70 Alpines 3 ways. However this is my second DC2 and I had the same problem in the last one.

I'm not one that will go for sub woofers and such so I was looking for a good replacement for slightly more bass coming from the rear and more treble up front.

So I was just wondering what do you guys have setup in your TEGS?

vincikwan
22-04-2008, 03:36 PM
i used to have that problem too when i just bought my car. Then i found out that the previous owner tuned the amp to put all the power to the sub-woofer. I tuned it back myself and now my fronts are perfect. Maybe in your case, check the connections to the front speakers. Or if you want more bass without a sub-woofer, get an amp to power your speakers only. They do a whole lot of difference to the sound. Much clearer and stronger bass but not thumping hard.

Bassik
22-04-2008, 03:46 PM
Thats the thing there is an amp under my seat (from the previous owner) only 2 plugs are connected to it and there are a set of unused RCA's sitting under my seat doing nothing. If I plug those in the sound drops heaps and crackles a lot. So I removed them.

I might take it back to strathfield car radios and see what the problem is. So there might be some adjusting needed.

vincikwan
22-04-2008, 09:26 PM
Well, it depends on your amp. Is it a 4-channel amp or 2-channel amp. But if you are not sure, better find someone who knows what they are doing.Get is connected properly once and enjoy it after that. But i dont think its worth paying a professional to do it. Try to find a mate who can do it for you. Or if you want, give me a PM.

Bassik
23-04-2008, 02:20 PM
Pretty sure its a two way channel amp. However there are 4 inputs... I haven't had the best look because its under my seat.

You recommend not paying someone to do it?

joewalsh86
23-04-2008, 04:14 PM
Ok, i'll see if this helps - The main way to input a signal into an amp for amplification is via two RCA jacks (i.e. one red and one white plug). Two RCA jacks (one red and one white) equal two speakers. In your case, you will most likely have two RCA jacks inputting a signal into the amp from you head unit for the REAR speakers. Most aftermarket head units will input a signal to the amp via the RCA jacks.

So, I would assume that you have an RCA cable going into the amp from the head unit, (one cable but with one red and one white RCA jack on BOTH ends) and then four speaker wires coming out of the amp to power the TWO rear speakers. THis would be the case for a 2 channel amp.

IF you have a four channel amp, then it will be double the above process.

If the sound of the rears is still too loud, then play with the fader, and fade the sound towards the front. If you want to reduce the treble of the rears, then research what a "crossover" is if you don't know and see if your or head unit has the feature. In short, you would be able to program which frequencies you want your speakers to respond to; i.e. you could reduce the treble or bass for the rear speakers.

Hope this helps,

Joe

Bassik
23-04-2008, 04:35 PM
Thats help a bit and I understand.

I have adjusted the rear speakers so they are quite low, they are still over powering the front speakers by at least 40%. I'll post some pictures up of what the amp is when I get around to it. I know its a small amp with 4 plugs in total. Not sure what each plug is though as I can't see anything...

I have a JVC KD-AVX2 btw. Not sure if that has the crossover fader thing. I do remember the guy that installing it saying that he had to reconnect the head unit back to the amp... then he went on saying a lot of stuff I had not idea about...lol He was kinda one of those guys thats complains all day but when the jobs done he is all nice and sweet talk like...lol

Thanks again I'll take another look this evening.

pattyd89
05-05-2008, 11:45 PM
get a pair of tweeters, this will improve the "high" end. not drastically, but it does help. especially when you can pick them up for $30.

VTI-RRR
05-05-2008, 11:55 PM
buy 2 sets of 6" splits for the front and rear and only use 1 pair of tweeters and set em at the front u will have some bass from the rear.......

Bassik
07-05-2008, 10:22 AM
buy 2 sets of 6" splits for the front and rear and only use 1 pair of tweeters and set em at the front u will have some bass from the rear.......

Why two sets of splits if I am only using one?

jords
07-05-2008, 10:33 AM
I used to have 2 sets of splits in my old civic, was a great combo with 2 x 12in subs and 7 x 10's.....1 set in the front and the other set of splits are in the back.

Bassik
07-05-2008, 10:40 AM
Wow that would have been huge. I'm not looking to blow myself and others that cruise past.

Problem being there is already to much treble. I'm going to have to get someone to look at it.

Ironfist
07-05-2008, 10:21 PM
Not sure what your headunit can do but i have a JVC head unit from like 5 years ago and it has 7 eq and adjustable sound from front/back/left/right.

With these modern headunits i'm pretty sure they would come with something similar or like someone previously said play with your amp.

Never had any sound issues when i used to have 6inches all round.

Haven't heard of $30 tweeters... but you do get what you pay for.

AzKik-R
09-05-2008, 07:42 PM
you might like to look on the amp for a dial which says db + - on it
by turning this dial anti-clockwise, will reduce the amt of amplification to the speakers running off the amp, which appear to be the rear speakers.

also if your amp has 4 rca inputs on it, chances are 2 are input, and 2 are output. need to see a pic, post one up