PDA

View Full Version : DA9 Mods - Help

Odessy
22-04-2008, 03:41 PM
Hey all, I am anew user here after purchasing my grandpa's Integra LS. I am looking at doing a few mods and was look at how much power i would get and rough estimates and costs if anyone has done these mods before to an LS.
Lightened Flywheel, Heavy duty clutch, Pod filter and lowered springs. Anyhelp would be great!

Jarkz
22-04-2008, 07:46 PM
A pod filter with a long intake tube will help low - mid end performance.

A pod filter with a short tube (ram) will help mid - high end performance.

I can't give you an exact KW/HP figure... it will be very marginal, but you will
notice the results from either setup.

A lightened flywheel will help acceleration though out the power-band,
but it will be most noticeable in the low - mid section.

The heavy duty clutch will help longevity rather than aiding performance.

The lowered springs speak for themselves, but make sure your shocks are in good working order
or purchase some after-market units.

Coilovers are another option.

Lastly... some camber kits will need to be purchased (unless you don't mind premature tire wear)
when you lower your DA9.

Hope that helps you out.

Jarkz
22-04-2008, 08:32 PM
Also... the best bang for buck mod would be replacing the cams from your B18a/b.

The guys on H-T swear by "Cane Cams" grind No # ACU-261-2S-9.

the first 3 letter in the part number may differ with crane dealers in OZ as they where
specified for the Acura DA9 LS.

Cane also offer upgraded valve spings, but unlesss your motor has really high K's
( I mean really high 3000,000+) you can go without them, & it's more than safe if
you don't fit the V/springs according to those who have fitted these cams.

The result is 15HP + from 4,500 onwards aswell as slightly improved torque from the mentioned RPM above.
(with after-market intake/pod fitted)

I have the cam specs if you would like to know.

And apparently these are the cam of choice, even if you go the turbo route.

TODA "vtec killer" cams are another option... But I can't quote what results they
have as I don't know? but some swear buy them and there results also.

string
29-04-2008, 01:46 PM
You might be able to get it a little quicker with a few grand of bolt-ons but it'll still be slow. Spend your money on good tyres and new shocks and a rear swaybar. Cheaper fun.

A-man
04-05-2008, 01:05 AM
man take the resinator box out of the bottom of ur airbox best mod u will ever do

trust me...

theres heaps of things u can do.. and atm while the exchange rate is good with the us ur in luck because u can get BS amounts of things from there for stuff all

i got a short shifter for 40 bucks with g/knob delivered

i got msd ignition upgrade to give u a external coil for 100 bucks aus delivered

i got a turbo kit for 700

i had a jza70 supra before and hondas for parts r sooooo much easier to get its great i love it... my bank account doesnt though :P

if u need some advice add my msn aaron@iconiancds.com

Jnr_Mint
05-05-2008, 05:02 PM
dudeeee, i know ur new to this, but if u brought a LS Integra for power, straight out - u brought the wrong car.
ur gonna hear alot of shit, like these cars move. mate there fukn revvy lil fukas that spend there entire life in the highest rpms without going anywhere.

u can do all the pod mods, and makin the car weight less, it aint gonna be worth sweet FA, spending all this cash on fu*k all kw's.

Im only being honest wit u mate, im not trying to be a c*nt, i had an Da9 integra and yea there great lil zippy cars but if u want power go out buy a V8or a turbo - the money u will waste on WORKING IT, u will regret it.

If ur gonna do anything, perhaps lower it and put a nice set of rims on it.

A-man
05-05-2008, 06:47 PM
thats the easy way out though....

thescotty
05-05-2008, 11:51 PM
The DA's a good and hell theres heaps to do to them, just cause the stock engine may not be there for power, if you liek the DA look (which i personally do) you can easily dump a vtec engine in it...personally id drop it first to get rid of the 4X4 look, chuck a new set of rims on it (17" preferably) a new front lip spoiler, pod , full exhaust system including extractors...thats all you need dont waste ur money on anything else...as all my mates say **** it off and get a rear wheel drive and i agree there loads of fun in the wet but wen it comes down to things the DA's are great and are far cheaper on fuel.