PDA

View Full Version : help with installing type r lip

khoi242
22-04-2008, 04:31 PM
Hey guys, i got a type r lip for my prefacelifted integra. And I dont know where to begin. can anyone point me in the right direction to start off with or have a link to another thread? coz i used search, and got no where. Thanks.

Lukey
22-04-2008, 04:37 PM
It's not the same lip but I guess the process is probably the same?

http://www.team-integra.net/sections/articles/showArticle.asp?ArticleID=1139

kNetz
23-04-2008, 12:24 AM
is there any other ways besides the one there? Coz i noticed on my preface lift integra there isnt the same holes where the 98+ one has.. anyone seen a thread on pre face lift lip installments?

Bludger
23-04-2008, 02:07 AM
type R lip is for a facelift, if you have a pre-facelifted front, it won't fit,

if you want to make it fit, drill custom holes

m3ntAL_l2
23-04-2008, 08:20 AM
still wnt fit cos of the curves n shit

Bludger
23-04-2008, 08:37 AM
i know that, just trying to be a smartarse

i posted on another thread, search it.......

i can make a ferarri bonnet fit my dc2:)

_FeRiO_
23-04-2008, 12:22 PM
There is such a thing as a preface lift Type R lip. Considering you got the correct lip for your car, heat the lip up with a heat gun or hair dryer to give it more stretch. Use 2 screws to attach the lip on either side of your inner fender, and use the "Z" brackets (if supplied) to attached the lower part of the lip to the underside of your frontbar.

Its not too clear but hope that helps

mattc
23-04-2008, 02:51 PM
^ as above.
most likely a "type R styled" lip.
best to get a friend to help you do it, it also may be slightly easier to take off ur front bar.. but also possible to do it whilst front is jacked up.. just so u can get underneath.
2 screws either end.. + the 3 "z" brackets will do the trick

kNetz
23-04-2008, 05:36 PM
i got the pre face type r lipe from jdm yard and it just came with 6 screws.. i know to screw the sides behind the fender. shud i put custom holes beneath? and theres two holes ontop of the lip (like inside the grill area) and it didnt come with any z brackets.. do i need them ?

IZY-10
23-04-2008, 11:40 PM
best thing to do is remove the front bumper
have a look at the two see what needs to be done. (you may have to use a heat gun or cut a bit of plastic.
Then if your holes don't match up then you will have to drill new ones