PDA

View Full Version : Expelling the air in your coolant lines

beeza
22-04-2008, 04:32 PM
I know most of U guys will know this but I didn't and it really has made my car run a lot smoother and changing gears (auto) at the right times,I have had a surging/hesitating problem with my car for 4 months now....

Anyways for those who don't know all you do is take the radiator cap off,start the car,let it idle and if there is air in the system bubbles will appear and be expelled.I let my car idle for a good 15 minutes until the bubbles had stopped (very very lttle).

Simple that's it!

Do it,U got nothing to lose!

Thank U to Blitz for that piece of knowledge! :thumbsup:

EDIT:turn the heater on fully blast to get it fully circulated while lid of off.

ECU-MAN
22-04-2008, 05:26 PM
you can also open the coolant bleed nipple if the car has one

dsp26
22-04-2008, 06:36 PM
what about the stuff thats in the engine thats blocked off by an unpressurized thermostat as a result of the rad cap being of?

dsp26
22-04-2008, 06:41 PM
what about the stuff thats in the engine thats blocked off by an unpressurized thermostat as a result of the rad cap being of?

lol nevermind... thought about the direction of the thermostat inlet.. bleed screw does the trick:thumbsup:

Nath
22-04-2008, 09:49 PM
only cars where the engien block is higher than the highest point of the radiator will have ableed screw, simple reason is air will ALWAYS find it was to the top, or highest point in your cooling system.

if t heradiator cap is the highest point (such as im assuming hondas) then its as simple as doing what is stated above.

you temp sensor that send a resistance signal to your ECU and in turn temp guage, gets it temp from the point where a bleed screw would be in alot of cars, thats why if you see your tamp guage raising erratically and dropping when you do as little as turn the corner, bleed your system.

nd55
22-04-2008, 10:07 PM
> bleed screw does the trick

Late model D16's (EK's at least) don't.

And car ramps help to raise the front.

Nick.

kayot1k
24-04-2008, 01:44 PM
as above mentioned ^ Jack up fronts , rad cap off, heater on full blast to encourage flow, let car idle until ur fan turns on about twice. sitting it flat will definitely not release all the air bubbles. also squeeze coolant hoses firmly to release any trapped there.

beeza
24-04-2008, 02:25 PM
Thanks kayo!

beeza
23-11-2008, 11:55 AM
Bump for a good quick DIY!

VT3C
24-11-2008, 04:14 PM
i never thought to raise the front of the car !! great suiggestion !!