PDA

View Full Version : Turbo kit for integra

ilpala
22-04-2008, 06:04 PM
I own an Integra 1992 Si and im looking at getting a turbo installed or getting a kit and then having it installed.
Does anyone know where in melbourne i can have this done and how much im looking at? Or can anyone direct me to a turbo kit online, im looking for the best price i can get.

Jarkz
22-04-2008, 09:28 PM
Apparently the best complete Honda turbo kit.

www.dragturbokits.com/

Raceinspired sell the Gen2 kit

www.raceinspired.com/ps-1512-10-drag-gen-2-turbo-kit-acura-integra-non-vtec-1990-1993.aspx

ebay US is your friend if you want something cheaper.

Or you can go the bits 'n' pieces route.

Or go speak to the guys the JPC, ATP or AVO in Melb.

PROMAZ (rotary boyz) have done some great turbo conversion for pistion engines also.

Ask for Simon... good bloke

Bludger
23-04-2008, 02:16 AM
gosh i love it when ppl want the BEST price when looking for turbo's

Kiz_EG6
24-04-2008, 09:29 PM
gosh i love it when ppl want the BEST price when looking for turbo's

2nd that, they should be looking for the "best" turbo, not the best price, modding COST MONEY and lots of it!!

What bout breaks man, and suspension and an engine rebuild!!

Sorry to bust your bubble, but "going faster" should be the last thing on the list.
The car was designed to be putttng around 70 kilowatts at the wheels, if you are going to all of a sudden put down 100 plus, you will need it to stop and steer too!!
And don't start on reliability of turboing a stock 15 year old motor...

Jarkz
26-04-2008, 03:19 PM
Valve stem seals/guides are usually the only thing that really wears on high k's B18a/b... Just have a

compression test and valve adjustment done.

They are a very strong motors.

Just keep boost at a moderate level, and tuned properly on a stock, or strengthened motor.

Agree with the others on braking & suspension issues, look into that if you go the turbo route.

DLO01
26-04-2008, 03:53 PM
I own an Integra 1992 Si and im looking at getting a turbo installed or getting a kit and then having it installed.
Does anyone know where in melbourne i can have this done and how much im looking at? Or can anyone direct me to a turbo kit online, im looking for the best price i can get.

I think you need to get out there and start speaking to some workshops and get a better idea on what your up for and what you want to do. There are so many kits out there, different levels, different prices. You need to know more of what you want.

10KRPM
26-04-2008, 06:59 PM
budge at least 10k....and go from there.

A-man
04-05-2008, 01:12 AM
lmao this is funny

im doin a turbo kit to a 169xxxkm b18a in a da9 atm...

i put a new clutch in, changing ignition to external coil, new fuel pump (warlboro), maybe cams..... i put slotted rotors on and new pads....

as for suspension i dont think there that bad... hondas stock suspension is good even for its vintage... it handles better then alot of cars ive had...

only prob im having is ecu i still have to decide what im going to use... and who will surport it....

im using a ebay turbo kit the way i see it is y spend bs money on these kits for the same shit but the only diff is the brand names... it all works the same and if the turbo only lasts 6 months upgrade it if u want and get a good one and then u still save money on shit like coolers, piping, manifolds, etc.

Jarkz
04-05-2008, 01:21 AM
lmao this is funny

im doin a turbo kit to a 169xxxkm b18a in a da9 atm...

i put a new clutch in, changing ignition to external coil, new fuel pump (warlboro), maybe cams..... i put slotted rotors on and new pads....

as for suspension i dont think there that bad... hondas stock suspension is good even for its vintage... it handles better then alot of cars ive had...

only prob im having is ecu i still have to decide what im going to use... and who will surport it....

im using a ebay turbo kit the way i see it is y spend bs money on these kits for the same shit but the only diff is the brand names... it all works the same and if the turbo only lasts 6 months upgrade it if u want and get a good one and then u still save money on shit like coolers, piping, manifolds, etc.

Link to ebay turbo kit that you apparently have plz....

biee2
04-05-2008, 09:54 AM
you should try AVOTURBOWORLD in victoria.....they do turbo conversions for integra and can actualli show you some of the kits that they have specificly designed for the integra, also havent heard of any dodgyness in the workman ship aswell.....

A-man
04-05-2008, 10:39 AM
really??? maybe thats a better way to go depending on what type of person u are... im all about doin it myself to save some money, and learn heaps just jump on the us ebay and search 92 integra turbo

this is what i have but slightly different i didnt get gauges, or flanges for the turbo... or the pod... but there not a big thing for me..

but i got the rest i just didnt pay as much mine was 749 aus delivered

A-man
04-05-2008, 10:51 AM
hey dw bout buyin a turbo kit just get this

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Acura-Integra-gsr-turbo-turbo-charged-low-miles-on-engine-gsr-b17_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ5335QQihZ003QQitemZ 130218536874QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

heres the turbo kit like mine mine has a smaller intercooler (so it fits in the grill without sitting under like a vl or whatever. that has a cast iron manifold...

i prob wouldve gone for a cast manifold again.... because u can hide the turbo a bit better if u look at it u can nearly pass them as headers if u hide the piping...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Integra-90-01-DA-DC2-B16-B18-T3-T4-FMIC-BOV-Turbo-Kit_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33742QQihZ013QQitem Z230247914046QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW