PDA

View Full Version : Group buys

zco
22-04-2008, 10:51 PM
zcio says:
- No Group Buys are allowed on Ozhonda Forums.
---- Quentonious the great says:
why> wat u checkin
zcio says:
WHY is that
correct
zcio says:
why
there is no why to rules, its jst not allowed
zcio says:
well im gonna create a thread
zcio says:
WHY
there was no cause and effect to bring that rule on
LOL
go for ur life
nothings gonna change tho bro
zcio says:
just wanna know why

.::F[L]Y::.
22-04-2008, 10:53 PM
yeh i second that? its allowed on 'other' forums....

perhaps ozhonda is not cool enough LOL

aaronng
22-04-2008, 11:37 PM
We don't want the liability in the case where a group buy organiser runs away with all your money. We don't allow posting up group buy threads, but there is nothing stopping you from organising your group buy through PM.

rayb3na_
23-04-2008, 01:19 AM
that sounds fair ^^^

Spicey
23-04-2008, 02:44 AM
Why not have a disclaimer stating you enter the group buy at your own risk and Ozhonda accepts no responsibility with the outcome. Like the DIY disclaimer!?

I have participated in quite a few group buys on other forums (bearing in mind all except one having a smaller user base) and I have nothing but praise for them! Its a fantastic way to get cheap, high quality parts.

Bludger
23-04-2008, 03:01 AM
zco wants group buys cos he wants ppl to run away with other ppls money so he can bash ppl

get it?

aaronng
23-04-2008, 09:26 AM
Why not have a disclaimer stating you enter the group buy at your own risk and Ozhonda accepts no responsibility with the outcome. Like the DIY disclaimer!?

I have participated in quite a few group buys on other forums (bearing in mind all except one having a smaller user base) and I have nothing but praise for them! Its a fantastic way to get cheap, high quality parts.

We have that disclaimer for the FS section, but mods still get PM'd asking to sort out a seller that sold them a dodgy part. If we point out the disclaimer and don't do anything, mods get accused of siding with the dodgy seller. Either keep your group buy to PM or use another forum for organising group buys.

zco
23-04-2008, 09:28 AM
so basicaly,, no publicly advertised group buys to make life easier for the mods ?

Benson
23-04-2008, 09:39 AM
if you start the group buy some of the traders will whinge and sook again.

aaronng
23-04-2008, 09:47 AM
so basicaly,, no publicly advertised group buys to make life easier for the mods ?
A mod's duty is to keep the forum running smoothly, not chase up sellers who have run away with a member's money. :)

aaronng
23-04-2008, 09:49 AM
if you start the group buy some of the traders will whinge and sook again.

That is secondary. The reason for the no-group buy rule is the same as to why we don't allow naming of companies in negative review/experiences (but allow it through PM), don't allow street racing posts and don't allow spotted threads. They increase the risks of problems happening to the forum.

power_of_dreams
23-04-2008, 11:11 AM
What if the group buy is organised through a trader? WIN-WIN situation

zco
23-04-2008, 11:38 AM
if you start the group buy some of the traders will whinge and sook again.That is secondary...
i dont believe that, the group buy rule was created way before the sooking traders

A mod's duty is to keep the forum running smoothly, not chase up sellers who have run away with a member's money.

if the disclaimer gets put in place, why bother replying to the pm's about being ripped off? the buyers have been warned anyway..

rawr
23-04-2008, 12:42 PM
A disclaimer would be good

If the buyers are aware of it then why not?

It could be really helpful and beneficial to people here

Just make sure each post has a disclaimer and it would be fine :thumbsup:

Q_ball
23-04-2008, 12:44 PM
if the disclaimer gets put in place, why bother replying to the pm's about being ripped off? the buyers have been warned anyway..

Dude, you work in CS... you should know "customers" (and in this case, members) DO NOT READ!!!
Reminders are constantly needed.

Similar with ppl asking "how do i become a member?"
Steps are labelled in bright freakin red up the top of their forum page when they login, yet they still ask.

aaronng
23-04-2008, 01:21 PM
When we stop bothering to reply PMs, then we get threads coming up in Site discussion stating that Ozhonda needs more mods and etc.

For example, there was a time when ppl complained that the lounge was too tightly moderated. So we relaxed and let everyone spam to a reasonable degree in almost every lounge thread. Now, there are complaints about serious threads in the lounge being spammed and going to shit, so we have had to reverse the initial decision that was pushed by the members to relax the lounge and make it more strict! We can never please everybody, so we choose to make decisions that ensure that the forum stays afloat and not get sued/hacked/targetted by cops.

jdm_kid
23-04-2008, 05:17 PM
maybe we can work out something. 2% of the profit can go towards the forum to keep it up or whatever it needs to be improved. lol

krogoth
23-04-2008, 08:04 PM
^lol

i agree group buys would be cool

but i also think its far better to avoid trouble all together than to put a disclaimer.....just less headache

bennjamin
23-04-2008, 08:11 PM
Group buys are simply not allowed. "pre-orders" ARE allowed , by TRADERS only. Because , they have a legal leg to stand on and chase up incase it goes wrong IE ABN to chase up. Normal members do not have this and there is a possibility of ripping people off etc.

Normal users on this forum , are NOT allowed to organise group buys. Simply for efforts sake and to keep this place liability free.
There is a disclaimer ~ and the word out is its not allowed :)

aaronng
23-04-2008, 10:14 PM
maybe we can work out something. 2% of the profit can go towards the forum to keep it up or whatever it needs to be improved. lol
So you want to introduce a tax system on Ozhonda? :)

Jarkz
24-04-2008, 01:55 AM
Thats sucks....

If group buys where aloud we could finally get JDP lips for the DA6/9 boys at
a moderate price & a heap of other after-market parts that we all chase.

I understand some of the reasons why OZHONDA chooses not to (liability).

But come on, where all good blokes who <3 our Honda's.

It wouldn't hurt to give it the trial?

nobbs
24-04-2008, 11:18 AM
i rekn its fair enough that Ozhonda doesnt allow group buys, its risky and for those running the site and arent getting paid for actually doing so (as far as i know)....then its not worth it.

i know if i was a mod, i wouldnt want any legal responsibilities, especially if i was doing it voluntarily......

panda[cRx]
24-04-2008, 12:58 PM
while i agree with the rule i have a Q.... if you suggest users to organise it via pm are they allowed to mention it in their sig? or are you gonna classify that as advertising? (which as you know has recently been banned)

Bludger
24-04-2008, 01:08 PM
technicalities...

Q_ball
24-04-2008, 01:57 PM
;1655108']while i agree with the rule i have a Q.... if you suggest users to organise it via pm are they allowed to mention it in their sig? or are you gonna classify that as advertising? (which as you know has recently been banned)

No, users will not be allowed to advertise or organise group buys via their signatures.

Spicey
24-04-2008, 05:47 PM
So we can do group buy by PM but we cant notify people we are doing one??? Do users just have to guess if someone is doing a group buy?

Can we have a "PM all" button put somewhere then so we can PM all users at once!?

[/sarcasm]

God, liability sh!ts me. Why cant people make up their own minds and accept their own actions instead of blaming someone else and ruining it for all of us???

wynode
24-04-2008, 06:49 PM
Group buys are not allowed as already said by Aaron. If anyone has an credible way of implementing in then PM me....till then......thread closed.

wynode
13-05-2008, 11:54 PM
Re-opened as requested.

I will watch this thread and if by page 5 or 6 nothing constructive has come from it......then it leaves me no choice but to close it. I think that's fair enough.