PDA

View Full Version : [F1] Button confident for Williams 2005

jackosimm
08-09-2004, 02:37 PM
Jensen Button recently said he expects to be at Williams next year due to his contract for Williams and B.A.R now being assessed by the Contract Recognition Board (CRB). CRB is an independant company and has rights to determine drivers contracts validity. Due to the contracts now in the hands of CRB, Button is highly confident that it will be resolved to his, and Williams, favour. He then went on to say he was not totally happy with BAR and the contractual differences. Button described that his motive for the change was purelly on winning a championship and no other reasons.

"I don't think BAR is the right place to be next year because I don't think they’ll be able to challenge for the championship," he said. "I think that in the future Williams is the team to be with. They've got the resources and Mark Webber and myself will be a great team." The Brit seemed keen to drive with the Australian and is confident for being at Williams for 2005. "A Formula One driver's career has got to keep on moving," he added. "I can't keep finishing third or fourth in the championship. Money is not my aim in Formula One - my reason for moving to Williams is to be World Champion."

LUD02C
09-09-2004, 09:44 AM
If you group a few of my posts together you will see why he thinks he can get out of his contract.

The main thing is those 2 clauses in his contract.
But the hearing isn't until next year, so either way both teams are stuffed.

Civic Si
09-09-2004, 11:36 PM
BMW Williams has welcomed back Button!

Information courtesy of BMW Intranet.

LUD02C
10-09-2004, 12:30 PM
The intranet can say anything, but fact is that he can’t test with BMW and BAR won’t allow him to see and/or test for next year until the contract board says who is driving for next year!

Both teams are confident they have him but yet again both teams have had other drivers testing just incase.
January will be an interesting month for F1 and both BMW and BAR.

Civic Si
10-09-2004, 12:58 PM
Button has signed for 2005 and beyond.

Since I work for a BMW dealer, I'm sure da info I get should b true... ;)

jackosimm
10-09-2004, 01:23 PM
haha sweet that should be a good match with him and Webber.

LUD02C
10-09-2004, 04:46 PM
Hanson i know you work at a BMW dealer.
But i think the BMW dealer and Frank Williams don't share the same information.

He has a contract with both teams for next year!
BMW have him for 2005 + 2 year option i think
BAR have him for 2005

Read my thread on how he thinks he got out of his contract.
Nothing is solid unless BAR let him go (which i highly doubtful)

bigteethygrin
04-10-2004, 11:21 PM
Here's the rumours around the traps at the moment courtosey of F1live.com

one rumour doing the round in cyberspace suggests that should the Contracts Recognition Board rule in favour of BAR Honda and Jenson Button stays with the team alongside Takuma Sato, BMW Williams have a seat spare for 2005. The rumours suggest that Giancarlo Fisichella remains very firmly at the top of Sir Frank Williams’ list of possible drivers, even though he has a contract to race with Renault.

The story goes that Fisichella will move to Williams with the blessing of Renault, with the French squad opting to keep Jacques Villeneuve as partner to Fernando Alonso. However, Peter Sauber for one is against any such suggestion as he has the former Champion under contract to Sauber Petronas for 2005 and 2006.

jackosimm
05-10-2004, 10:17 AM
hmm going to be interesting next year when they finally sort this mess out