PDA

View Full Version : windscreen tint gunk removal

honki3rider
23-04-2008, 10:49 PM
just a quick one, after pulling off the tinting from the car (toyota celica st204) it left various marks on the windscreen. its like dried up glue and bits of the tint left on. so the question is, is there any products on the market that will help rid of these nasty stains? turps, metho and window cleaner has been tried already.

the tinting was the reflective mirror type tint (was already on when we bought the car), and when my dad was driving it, hwy drove up next to him and told him it was illegal and could be fine so hence why it is being pulled off but it leaves marks!

can upload photos tomorrow night if im not making any sense.:p

thanks in advanced.!!

Dy_
23-04-2008, 11:19 PM
learnt this from a person that does tinting;

he had morning fresh dish washing liquid + water in a spray.
heat gun and a those small rectangle blades

basically heated it up, sprayed the water on and scraped it away with the blade.

IZY-10
23-04-2008, 11:35 PM
i used carby cleaner it disintegrates in seconds:thumbsup:

zco
24-04-2008, 01:10 AM
degreaser gets most of shizz out ! try that

Sir_vtec
24-04-2008, 02:18 AM
even metho gets rid of it. lots of things man. u can even try nail polish remover too, as long as its not on plastic and is on glass.

55EXX
24-04-2008, 08:36 AM
or go to a tint shop and ask to use the gear they have. it obliterates it.

MRGRIM
29-04-2008, 01:02 AM
ok
if you want to get it off pls pls please dont use degreaser it will damage yr interior
go to the supermarket and buy some cloudy amonia and it will do the job nicly it will slowly disolve i got this advise when i ripped all myn of during a rebuild works like a treat ( thanks to the tint proffessor )

TheSaint
29-04-2008, 02:22 AM
be careful with the rear demister part, we ripped the tint off our civic and it wrecked the demister, the 3M tint guys said that if we left it to them i would have still worked... and it wouldn't have cost extra either =/