PDA

View Full Version : Engine mounts question for a B16A EG

mugen24
24-04-2008, 01:43 AM
Hi, My EG civic comes with JDM B16A2 engine conversion.

Recently, the rear and LH side engine mounts are creaked and need to be replaced.

I went to the Hondacare and they would chaege me $580 in total which is incl parts ($330) and the rest labour ($250). I think these would be too much.

If i buy the parts from OEM Honda, what should i ask for? DC2R engine mounts or AUDM civic vti-R engine mounts?

Does the B16A2 and B18C share the same mounts, and for my B16A conversion into a Si EG, what mounts shoulf i use?

Thx!

Anyone know where can i buy some good 2nd mounts in BNE? or anyone will sell them here?

Jarkz
24-04-2008, 02:20 AM
May aswell replace the OEM's with either these longer lasting high quality strengthened mounts

www.hasport.com/products/mounts.htm

www.innovativemounts.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=14

EG5 (yonas) JDMYARD & others can get you the Hasport mounts.

Not sure if the traders on here or others sell the Innovative mounts.

mugen24
24-04-2008, 04:43 AM
If i go OEM...what should i tell Honda stuff? coz they cant after u any parts without VIN number....and my car is a conversion...

mugen24
24-04-2008, 04:43 AM
Just cant wait....coz i need those 2 urgently! cant post from US for sure.

kayot1k
24-04-2008, 01:37 PM
they can yO. they're pullin ur middle leg.

rayb3na_
25-04-2008, 11:02 PM
If i go OEM...what should i tell Honda stuff? coz they cant after u any parts without VIN number....and my car is a conversion...

uhmms when i went into honda they never askd me for any details about my car.. i jsut told them what i wanted they told me how long it would take to get here and i paid em? that was it? lol

02gzm
29-04-2008, 12:17 AM
Honda in brisbane like to ask you for your VIN because half the time they dont even know what you're talking about and with a VIN they can just look up stuff on a computer. I went into southside honda once to get a price on a 4-wire o2 sensor for a b16a. They wouldnt help me until i gave my VIN. When they realised that my car is no longer a d15 they said they wouldnt be able to help me as they have no idea what would fit as it's a different engine.... Even though i told them about 30 times that it's a b16a and i was after the 4-wire B-series o2 sensor...

It's probably best to get a workshop to give you the actual parts numbers for the mounts and to ring honda and act like you're from a workshop and after a quick answer.

Limo
29-04-2008, 02:46 PM
are you going to do the work yourself?if so ask around if somebody with a eg6 will get the part numbers for you, otherwise yeh take it to a workshop

AsH_
30-04-2008, 09:29 PM
Honda in brisbane like to ask you for your VIN because half the time they dont even know what you're talking about and with a VIN they can just look up stuff on a computer. I went into southside honda once to get a price on a 4-wire o2 sensor for a b16a. They wouldnt help me until i gave my VIN. When they realised that my car is no longer a d15 they said they wouldnt be able to help me as they have no idea what would fit as it's a different engine.... Even though i told them about 30 times that it's a b16a and i was after the 4-wire B-series o2 sensor...

It's probably best to get a workshop to give you the actual parts numbers for the mounts and to ring honda and act like you're from a workshop and after a quick answer.

i hate when they ask for my vin...

im like it doesnt matter, my engine isnt from this car!!!!

why cant someone know anything about previous hondaz???

02gzm
01-05-2008, 09:42 AM
Yea I even said, just pretend that you're dealing with an EG6 as that's what everything came out of on my car.
Then they say, according to the computer honda doesn't make your car with that engine.....

It's like headbutting a brick wall!

[[d a n n y]]
01-05-2008, 11:57 AM
B18cR and B16a share the same mounts pretty much
but the left side (cam gearside) is different with the AUDM B16a2 (VTIR)
so you best of going with b18c or delsol b16a mounts