PDA

View Full Version : Review: short ram cold air intake(ebay) with K&N pod filter

connorling
24-04-2008, 01:50 AM
i actually didnt get the items from the ebay myself, i got it from a member of wahonda.

it took me about 1/2 an hour to install, the hardest part was trying to mount the pod with the heat shield, it kept falling off when i tried to tighten the pod onto the ram.

took it for a drive after i fitted it, didnt feel much difference in power ....until....once my vtec kicked in, it felt much more power. and that's not it, when the car get to 7500rpm, the sound from the ram is just amazing, a deep roaring noice just amazing.

i didnt except a ebay item could give u this power gain, i dont really know how much power it actually gains, but it just feels good and sounds good.

will take a pic off my car some day soon

kayot1k
24-04-2008, 07:11 AM
welcome to the 21st century.

Vu_civic
24-04-2008, 09:24 AM
definetly vtec kicking in yo

kelviN
25-04-2008, 09:18 PM
hey mate....i may be wrong about this but that power u r feeling will decrease with time.

I say this because i switch from stock airbox to sri very often (too bored i guess). Well going from stock box to sri my car revs up to 8000k like crazy ! This is probably because the ecu hasnt adjusted itself. After a while it drives like normal again. I wish my car stayed like the beginning phase forever =(

hisoka
26-04-2008, 01:56 PM
^ is this true, the car adjust itself after a while ? ^ lol is this an excuse to buy hondata ?

kelviN
26-04-2008, 02:01 PM
i believe thats true...Thats why some ppl advise u reset ur ecu when installing new intakes or exhausts

aaronng
26-04-2008, 02:02 PM
hey mate....i may be wrong about this but that power u r feeling will decrease with time.

I say this because i switch from stock airbox to sri very often (too bored i guess). Well going from stock box to sri my car revs up to 8000k like crazy ! This is probably because the ecu hasnt adjusted itself. After a while it drives like normal again. I wish my car stayed like the beginning phase forever =(

That is because it is sucking hot air as the engine gets hot when you rev it up.

connorling
26-04-2008, 02:22 PM

what u said is true, but i have seen some research(with dyno and everything), they compare the after market and the stock on b16a standard, they ran the dyno 9 times, everything the power has increase with the same mod, they explained it is because the computer adjusted by itself to gain max power, and it is stock ecu.

so i think u just got used to the extra power, thats y u feel like back to normal.......i think

kelviN
26-04-2008, 03:07 PM
That is because it is sucking hot air as the engine gets hot when you rev it up.

lol not on the same day....i mean after about 3-4 days.

i travel from sydney to orange often. The altitude in orange is high and the air very thin. I drive around for a week....as soon as i come back to sydney the car hesistates to accelerate. After the ecu adjusts in 1-2days, the car is bak to normal.

VT1-R
02-05-2008, 01:38 AM
lol.. yo man u the white EG studying at UWA rite.. parks on the lawn at behind maths n physics building..

Ur intake probably sounded louder giving u 1st impression esp. when vtec kicks in.. Not forgetting, u have a b18c which is has good power thus an intake will release good power and u have a light car, making power gains easier to be felt..

So in fact, you are feeling real power but maybe not to the extent u think it is now.. as time goes by, u will feel its a good mod but not tat big difference in the end..

connorling
02-05-2008, 01:49 PM
lol.. yo man u the white EG studying at UWA rite.. parks on the lawn at behind maths n physics building..

Ur intake probably sounded louder giving u 1st impression esp. when vtec kicks in.. Not forgetting, u have a b18c which is has good power thus an intake will release good power and u have a light car, making power gains easier to be felt..

So in fact, you are feeling real power but maybe not to the extent u think it is now.. as time goes by, u will feel its a good mod but not tat big difference in the end..

hey, u know me, but i have never seen ur car...

VT1-R
02-05-2008, 11:13 PM
hey, u know me, but i have never seen ur car...

I drive green EK4 with regamasters.. u will start seeing me soon.. car coming out soon.. tok to u b4 at one of the cruise.. UWA too.. Commerce..

connorling
03-05-2008, 01:07 AM
I drive green EK4 with regamasters.. u will start seeing me soon.. car coming out soon.. tok to u b4 at one of the cruise.. UWA too.. Commerce..

oooo EK with b18, have u fixed the problem with ur engine yet??????

back to the topic, i think it does the job, and i still can hear that deep noice from high revv.

VT1-R
03-05-2008, 02:34 AM
oooo EK with b18, have u fixed the problem with ur engine yet??????

back to the topic, i think it does the job, and i still can hear that deep noice from high revv.

nah.. i not andrew.. the b18 got BC bodykit.. i dun tink u see my car yet.. lol.. i am chinese.. i saw ur car with the turbo blue jazz guy..lol.. Anyway.. see u around..

and nice writeout..

dsp26
20-05-2008, 12:41 PM
i travel from sydney to orange often. The altitude in orange is high and the air very thin. I drive around for a week....as soon as i come back to sydney the car hesistates to accelerate. After the ecu adjusts in 1-2days, the car is bak to normal.

pretty sure thats why your having the issue, your ecu is re-tuning A/Fs for the less dense air while your there and when you come back to syd it ain't optimal...

Stcmon
26-05-2008, 01:12 AM
try disconnecting the battery for like 30 mins and den hooking it back up and let ur car idle for 15mins.

shud re-tune nicely, if not, invest in a hondata and buy me one while ur at it.

Frankie
23-06-2008, 11:02 AM
i actually didnt get the items from the ebay myself, i got it from a member of wahonda.

it took me about 1/2 an hour to install, the hardest part was trying to mount the pod with the heat shield, it kept falling off when i tried to tighten the pod onto the ram.

took it for a drive after i fitted it, didnt feel much difference in power ....until....once my vtec kicked in, it felt much more power. and that's not it, when the car get to 7500rpm, the sound from the ram is just amazing, a deep roaring noice just amazing.

i didnt except a ebay item could give u this power gain, i dont really know how much power it actually gains, but it just feels good and sounds good.

will take a pic off my car some day soon

hay man i got one of these filters aswell i was wondering how did you put the bracket on it... they give you a cheap alluminum piece of steal but that broke off my mechanic bend it and done crafty stuff and put it on???

connorling
27-08-2008, 04:49 PM
all u do with the metal piece is to put it into the rubber connection(rubber tube), one end to the intake tube, other end goes to the metal piece, and other end of the metal piece connect to the filter

=======(intake tube)=======__rubber connection_---metal piece---D<---filter

hectic_filo
10-07-2009, 11:56 AM

really? or you get used to that power gain and it feels like normail again and you wanted more power? lol:)

ChiLLie
13-07-2009, 12:30 PM
I did an airpod upgrade this weekend on my dc2 vti-r.. amazing power increase in the vtec range.. sounds louder,, and feels a tiny bit torquier down the bottom end.. i get a cool whistling sound every now and then too, between the 3k to 4.5k range too.. any reasons why? almost sounds like a turbo spooling. . . any ideas why?

da9_boy
13-07-2009, 12:51 PM
Higher air flow means more air is going in.. thus makign a whistling sound while travelling through your pod to the throttle body.. not rocket science

hectic_filo
18-09-2009, 10:36 AM
got the short ram from ebay for my accord f22b1.. very gud for the price.. louder, responsive and more torque at low end compare than stock air box

fabian0
18-09-2009, 03:42 PM
:thumbsup: yeap it gives that nice whistling noise. SRI ftw!!