PDA

View Full Version : will warrenty be affected if the car was involved in an accident?

tokyonite
24-04-2008, 01:19 PM
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8831

the car is now fixed, parts replaced with OEM parts (by authorise aami panel shop), i'll send the car to honda dealer for 1000km service, if they manage to find out the repair was not perfect or something wrong with the car, will they fix it as if it was under warrenty? thanks

renegadeice
24-04-2008, 01:46 PM
that's a good question.

I'm not sure if this helps you but my brother's car has been in an accident before and the place that serviced his car gave him a warranty on the service they performed on the car. so say that the work they performed the car wasn't done properly, you can bring the car back and get it fixed again for free. So in this case, the service done on it is under warranty from the mechanic you go to rather than Honda.

in regards to the Honda parts tho (this is what I understand from my talk with my dealer's service center representative a few days ago).... if you get an authentic Honda part, most of them are under a manufacturer's warranty anyway. I was asking about installing a body kit on my car. so if the part malfunctions, you claim warranty from Honda. He also told me (I'm not sure if this applies to all Honda service center or just mine) that I can lodge the warranty claim for Honda parts through them, even if i went to another place to buy and install the parts.