PDA

View Full Version : should i get this type R???

type R racer
24-04-2008, 02:37 PM
hey guys red honda integra type R selling for $10,500 done 171000 ks 1999 model....interior condition is not bad....but exterior colour has faded off quite badly and some very minor dents because i could see a small ripple as i looked on the side of it....but for a type R its pretty cheap.. no mods done to it and the guy has to fly off to europe in 2 wks....what do you guys rekon???

neut
24-04-2008, 04:17 PM
take it for test drive and do the usual checks, if your not sure get RACV or other guys to check for you other than that that one hell of a cheap dc2R!!!!
oh n if u can be bothered and there things to fix! DIY JOB man! fun as! :D

EuroDude
24-04-2008, 04:20 PM
yeah get it checked my a mech first.

It could have a worn clutch, bad cv joints, damaged chassis, worn pistons, bad oil leak, worn synchros, rust inside cooling system, etc...

Bludger
24-04-2008, 08:04 PM
that sad how a dc2r has gone so low:(

VTi_b0i
24-04-2008, 08:11 PM
surely its dodgy! theres VTiRs for like 15ish

Nepolian
24-04-2008, 08:45 PM
Anything is possible with buyimg seconhand cars unfortunately. Always seems alright at the time.

Sounds too good to be true. I'd make sure that it is a real ITR first and then worry about the mechanics.

Hey, you never know! It may be legit and the guy needs cash to go overseas......now who hasnt been in a situation where they need money fast?

Chuckz
24-04-2008, 11:23 PM
that's a bit too cheap, i would have thought it would go for at least 15-18k unless he trashed it somehow....must go for a test drive and get some1 to check with u

Elwood
26-04-2008, 09:55 AM
171000 is alot of k's.

Post pictures up.

jeffske
26-04-2008, 10:00 AM
if you're in NSW get a stateroads check done

[ricer]
26-04-2008, 10:08 AM
honda integra type R selling for $10,500 done 171000 ks 1999 model....exterior colour has faded off quite badly and some very minor dents because i could see a small ripple

i wouldn't pay more then that with that many kms and body damage and faded paint..
its not cheap
its priced reasonably

l3vnd1
26-04-2008, 12:30 PM
WOW thats CHEAP!

Paint you can respray whatever colour you like - but examine the severity of the body damage.

See if the pannels line up properly otherwise it may have been in a big accident.

10KRPM
26-04-2008, 06:58 PM
Wouldnt be that cheap when you think about the chances are that the engines on the way out, plus transmission etc etc

If your fairly clued up with people who can do the work for a good rate...why not?

HachiKilla
28-04-2008, 03:00 PM
sounds really dodgie.. could be a half cut thats been put together, but it sounds like theres something not rite there for sure.. i've seen 94 jdm tegs go for about 17.5k.. and this is a 99 model your talking about.. I wouldn't buy it if it was me

whtteg
28-04-2008, 03:10 PM
sounds to me it might be a repairable write off, if it is and is only due to hail damage or something like that it would probably be ok but you need to remember if it is a repairable write off you cant get full insurance on it.
it just seems too cheap, my 99/00 itr is still insured for 20k+ and have been offered more than that by people who have seen it and are interested in it. be weary.
Have you seen the car in person or just in an online ad? (there are shonky people who put false ads online get the deposit and run)

I stand corrected you can get insurance with Just car...

Blulude98
29-04-2008, 09:53 AM
[QUOTE=whtteg;1660556]sounds to me it might be a repairable write off, if it is and is only due to hail damage or something like that it would probably be ok but you need to remember if it is a repairable write off you cant get full insurance on it.

WTF!! Who told you that story!?!?!?!
Please if you dont know what your on about dont confuse the guy.

turbo convert
29-04-2008, 10:31 AM
i picked up a dc2r with simular km's a while back for $10k needed a new gearbox but i made my $$$ on it. In retrospect i wish i kept it now was fun!!!:p
I reacon do all the normal checks nothing to major, stolen, re birth, finanace etc and if it passes all that go for it, worst comes to worst you will make your $$$ back.:wave:

whtteg
29-04-2008, 10:32 AM
[QUOTE=whtteg;1660556]sounds to me it might be a repairable write off, if it is and is only due to hail damage or something like that it would probably be ok but you need to remember if it is a repairable write off you cant get full insurance on it.

WTF!! Who told you that story!?!?!?!
Please if you dont know what your on about dont confuse the guy.

It is a fact you can NOT get full insurance you can get third party, fire and theft but NOT full comprehensive on a repairable write off! i have personally had a car (da9) written off through water damage and my sister (getz) and a close friend (commodore wagon) had cars written off through hail damage so if you dont believe me please call Budget insurance,NRMA or GIO as they are the 3 insurers who would not give full insurance on the cars i just mentioned!!!!!!!!!!

Please Blulude98 if you know where i can get a repairable write off full comprehensive insurance please tell me as i really would like to let my sister know for when her car gets the hail damage fixed....

G-Stick
29-04-2008, 11:23 AM
ive had a dc2 2 years ago, that was a repairbale write off insured full comprehensive. it was with just cars

whtteg
29-04-2008, 11:34 AM
thank you i will let my sister know (hope they insure hyundai getz (ewww) no one else seems to be willing to insure it

Well since you can get full ins with Just car and AAMI if the dc2r has had previous ins payout i say check the car thoroughly and get quotes for any repairs it may need if the price all done is less than what you can get another cheap dc2r not needing work or anything go for it!

(aami owns just car insurance so the insurance for repairable write offs are within the one company, does anyone know of any others?? shannons?? )

Jump
29-04-2008, 12:41 PM
bought a ek and that was also a repairable write off and had full comprehensive with aami so i guess a few companies will and a few wont

ricki_kalsi
29-04-2008, 04:43 PM
Yes...

Blulude98
30-04-2008, 12:26 AM
[QUOTE=Blulude98;1662053]

It is a fact you can NOT get full insurance you can get third party, fire and theft but NOT full comprehensive on a repairable write off! i have personally had a car (da9) written off through water damage and my sister (getz) and a close friend (commodore wagon) had cars written off through hail damage so if you dont believe me please call Budget insurance,NRMA or GIO as they are the 3 insurers who would not give full insurance on the cars i just mentioned!!!!!!!!!!

Please Blulude98 if you know where i can get a repairable write off full comprehensive insurance please tell me as i really would like to let my sister know for when her car gets the hail damage fixed....

Well for starters here in VICTORIA if your car is listed as a repairable right off it needs to get repaired 100% for it to pass a VIV (Vehicle Identification Verification) which actuallly costs $480.00 (price has gone up again!!) and after all the headphuks to get that done it can then get registered and you can quite easily get it Insured with full comprehensive. Not sure what the rules are like in other states but here in VIC that's the way it is.

type R racer
30-04-2008, 06:06 PM
well i test drove it...clutch is heavy...is dat normal.?..gears r fine..steering is fine..paintwork faded here n there..scratches on the front bumper...but i didnt notice alot of difference when it went into v-tec...it just feels like a normal car being pushed hard...is dat normal or is dat just me...??

dupac->
30-04-2008, 06:39 PM
dont buy it if you're from sydney

it would just get stolen

lol

absolutR
30-04-2008, 06:40 PM
thats ridiculously low. even the current market value, which is always a bit lower than an actual market representation, is currently at 15000-16000. So its 1 authenticity and 2 quality have to be looked at. there'll have to be major damage or something.

when i was searching the market for a type r before i found mine, i had a black one tested by a mechanic. it looked to be in great shape but during the test he had seen that the actual front end of the car, the engine bay was actually off by 12 mm. The car had been in such a crash that the whole front sat crooked. The car looked fine, but you have to get a detailed look at it by someone who is thoroughly going to go through he ins and outs of the car

ricki_kalsi
01-05-2008, 12:23 PM
well i test drove it...clutch is heavy...is dat normal.?..gears r fine..steering is fine..paintwork faded here n there..scratches on the front bumper...but i didnt notice alot of difference when it went into v-tec...it just feels like a normal car being pushed hard...is dat normal or is dat just me...??

Was the engine warm?? Did it have full oil levels?

Did you check the engine number?

type R racer
01-05-2008, 05:43 PM
yeah the engine was warm, i didnt cheal the oil levels and yeah i cheaked the engine number.

absolutR
01-05-2008, 06:01 PM
where is it located? some of us should go have a look at it or something...

ricki_kalsi
02-05-2008, 10:14 AM
yeah the engine was warm, i didnt cheal the oil levels and yeah i cheaked the engine number.

So it's definately a genuine Type R?

G-Stick
02-05-2008, 11:51 AM
if u dont buy it, pass the details to me. ill buy ;)

[JDM DC2]
02-05-2008, 10:27 PM
maybe u couldn't hear/feel vtec because It had a stock airbox/resonator on?

IZY-10
03-05-2008, 12:37 AM
;1668558']maybe u couldn't hear/feel vtec because It had a stock airbox/resonator on?

trust me you can still hear and feel vtec with stock air box and resonator on

G-Stick
03-05-2008, 02:21 AM
trust me you can still hear and feel vtec with stock air box and resonator on

it all depends on the car, all cars different.

IZY-10
03-05-2008, 10:16 AM
it all depends on the car, all cars different.

its a type r it shouldn't matter!

G-Stick
03-05-2008, 03:30 PM
so have u driven a few type r's yet? did all of them sound the same?

the one he drove could have been in really bad condition

IZY-10
04-05-2008, 02:17 AM
so have u driven a few type r's yet? did all of them sound the same?

the one he drove could have been in really bad condition

all the ones i have driven stock and modified you can feel and hear vtec. It probably was not even engaging. When my engages it is loud and my car is stock standard. Its like saying not all rexys sound the same lol

Mitsubishi
04-05-2008, 09:38 AM
^ I agree.

All DC2R 5R that I've driven/been in, VTEC engages like a BIG kick in the ar*e!

10KRPM
04-05-2008, 03:49 PM
not all wrx's sound the same. Thats true in a way...cos they all dont have the same exhausts.

Look if your dead keen on the car...spend the $$$ on getting it properly checked out. If you dont want to spend the dollars then you have 2 options:

1.DONT BUY IT

2. LIVE WITH WHATEVER GOES WRONG WITH IT AFTERWARDS.

G-Stick
04-05-2008, 10:38 PM
3. pass it to the next guy ;)

IZY-10
04-05-2008, 11:55 PM
not worth it. It sounds like a piece of crap. Let it be someone else's headache