PDA

View Full Version : koni yellows on ek, is this installed correctly?

vinnY
25-04-2008, 01:18 PM
okay another problem of mine
got the shocks installed about 2 years ago by my dad
now he's one of those "instructions? ha! i know how to whack it in without reading one of those" kind of guys

so anyway we got it installed and its been fine for the last 2 years
however the other day i decided to go through Muzz's koni shock install (http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=70834&highlight=koni) and noticed that on the front shock he's reused the ring things(again i have nfi what these are called) that help position the fork on to the bottom of the shock

now my problem is i don't have that ring on the shock(threw them out 2 years ago but found some replacements anyway)
while sussing out my driveshaft problem (http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=89061) i decided to take a snaps of what i have there instead(see attachment)

now do i just remove the current ring there and install my ones that i got off some stock ek sussy? or so i just somehow knock the ring higher and put the stock ring under it?

Sir_vtec
25-04-2008, 01:31 PM
did that metal ring that currently sits on the koni came with the shock?

If muzz had both the metal ring and the stock one, it wouldnt hurt putting theming in as long as everything sits flush. But if you have been running it like that without problems, dont see why u need to put the stock in.

vinnY
25-04-2008, 03:06 PM
yeah it did come with it but comparing it to muzz's its a bit different so i thought i'd stuffed it up somehow :(

hannahgilholme
25-04-2008, 03:40 PM
if its been working fine for the last two years then i'm sure it will be fine for another 2.

bennjamin
25-04-2008, 05:41 PM
that is wrong

The silver ring you see above the fork, is designed to sit above the cir-clip , to properly seat the spring seat.

If its worked for 2 years then meh. But for piece of mind id get it redone properly.

Funny how instructions and abit of common sense change things lol

[ricer]
25-04-2008, 06:22 PM
that is wrong

The silver ring you see above the fork, is designed to sit above the cir-clip , to properly seat the spring seat.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

vinnY
25-04-2008, 10:55 PM
thanks again benj :thumbsup:
will redo it tomorrow and report my findings :)

it won't let me rep :(

vinnY
26-04-2008, 01:45 AM
just an update, pulled it all apart and reinstalled it properly! midnight mechanic ftw! :) i think i need some new bump stops though, anyone know where i can get some tougher than stock ones? i remember trav used to sell them

DC4Integra98
05-05-2008, 10:24 PM
shocks installed about 2 years ago by my dad
now he's one of those "instructions? ha! i know how to whack it in without reading one of those" kind of guys

Hah! I can relate to that. My dad wants to install my springs himself with his "expertise" but I'm definitely going to a professional.

Good to hear you fixed it - midnight style :thumbsup:

AutoNoob
06-05-2008, 12:10 AM
my professional mechanic installed everything back to front, washers in wrong way etc!!! 6 hrs it took too!!! Take it to Ozhonda people for leet installment!

vinnY
06-05-2008, 12:18 AM
problem is all dads think they're pros :p

DC4Integra98
06-05-2008, 12:29 PM
Where are all the ozhonda people located - i.e. workshops etc?

I'm going to get my springs installed but not sure where.

vinnY
06-05-2008, 12:33 PM
not so much workshops, just back yarders
pm bennjamin

AutoNoob
06-05-2008, 02:28 PM
no workshops, ozhonda leet people's front/backyard is da workshop. Get Ben if your in sydney,