PDA

View Full Version : Wheel nut for DC2R size

vincikwan
25-04-2008, 04:51 PM
Hey guys, does anyone know what is the size for the DC2R stock wheel nuts? The thread 1.25 or 1.5? Is it 22mm, 25mm or 50mm in length? And any idea for the diameter?

rayb3na_
25-04-2008, 04:55 PM
1.5 =]

vincikwan
25-04-2008, 07:44 PM
wat abt the length? i dont want it to stick out of the rims.

DLO01
25-04-2008, 08:08 PM
Put it this way. On a stock rim the "long" style lug nuts will stick out a bit. If you don't want them sticking out then go for the "short" type.

But please, do not use these aftermarket alloy 'cone' seated lug nuts on the 'bowl' seated Oem wheels. The mating surface area is very much decreased and I would be afraid of running in to serious problems. I have observed this on my car and have reverted back to my Oem lug nuts.

For the minute bit of weight saving and safety. I would not bother.

vincikwan
25-04-2008, 11:40 PM
well, i m looking for the short type of lug nuts. wanted to purchase it from maxhondapower here. most of the people here are selling the long types. so how short are the short types supposed to be? 22mm in length?

rayb3na_
25-04-2008, 11:42 PM
just get the rays short nuts lol dont get extended they sit how the stock ones would sit

vincikwan
25-04-2008, 11:54 PM
other than rays......?

vincikwan
27-04-2008, 08:22 PM
Does the JDM wheel nut fit a AUDM wheel?

Bludger
27-04-2008, 09:33 PM
Put it this way. On a stock rim the "long" style lug nuts will stick out a bit. If you don't want them sticking out then go for the "short" type.

But please, do not use these aftermarket alloy 'cone' seated lug nuts on the 'bowl' seated Oem wheels. The mating surface area is very much decreased and I would be afraid of running in to serious problems. I have observed this on my car and have reverted back to my Oem lug nuts.

For the minute bit of weight saving and safety. I would not bother.Listen to this wise man

I see too many ppl using rays lugs on stock dc2r wheels

they are not made for each other....

vincikwan
25-05-2008, 03:09 AM
so what brand of lug nuts can anyone reccomend other than ray's as they are the cone type and are not suitable for the stock dc2r rims.

teaseR
25-05-2008, 03:13 AM
stock oem nuts =)

VTECMACHINE
26-05-2008, 01:58 PM

For the minute bit of weight saving and safety. I would not bother.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

EK9
26-05-2008, 02:05 PM
^^^ exactly :thumbsup:

too many ppl misinformed and use aftermarket lugs for oem wheels. the shape and design is different, just have a look at your oem lugs and "rays" or aftermarket "tuner" lugs. very unsafe and would damage ur rims too.