PDA

View Full Version : eibach springs & coilovers

_Vtekn_
25-04-2008, 08:55 PM
Guys,

Looking to at lowering my euro however not sure what to go with.

Eibach prokit springs or get some tein "ss" or "comfort" coilovers.

It just I'd like to get a resonable ride quality being a luxury car.

Just wondering have any of you guys have got any of these fitted to your cars and how you find the ride etc???

Thanks guys

tony1234
25-04-2008, 09:46 PM
I've got the Eibach Pro kit with Bilstein shocks and the ride is firm but progressive,it really firms up the harder you push it into corners.I think this setup really suits the Euro.:thumbsup:

_Vtekn_
25-04-2008, 10:02 PM
I've got the Eibach Pro kit with Bilstein shocks and the ride is firm but progressive,it really firms up the harder you push it into corners.I think this setup really suits the Euro.:thumbsup:

So nice firm ride, still fairly comfortable though???

drezy
25-04-2008, 10:57 PM
bought my tein ss from an ozhonda seller about 8 months ago (for about $1300)... lowered it a couple inches front and back... not a problem at all... got it on the softest setting and it a very smooth ride, yet firm enough performance wise..

aaronng
25-04-2008, 11:40 PM
If you get the Eibach springs, do get the Bilstein shocks to go with it.

tony1234
26-04-2008, 09:40 AM
Yeah,still comfy but firm.I highly recommend them.aaronng has driven my car,he can give you a second opinion.He has Tein Flex which are firmer than SS.

aaronng
26-04-2008, 11:15 AM
Very comfortable. More comfortable than Tein SS, but just as good handling. Tein dampers are not as good as Bilsteins. Only advantage that Tein SS has is height adjustment.

viper8548
26-04-2008, 12:46 PM
Does Eibach springs + Bilstein shocks cost more or Tein SS? How much does the springs lower?

aaronng
26-04-2008, 12:59 PM
Does Eibach springs + Bilstein shocks cost more or Tein SS? How much does the springs lower?

They cost about the same if you buy them from a local distributor.

raz05
26-04-2008, 01:51 PM
I use to have some eibach spring on my euro with stock shocks, the rides is not that much difference from stock except a bit firmer. If u like to really lower ur car, the eibach spring doesnt lower that much.

aaronng
26-04-2008, 02:06 PM
I use to have some eibach spring on my euro with stock shocks, the rides is not that much difference from stock except a bit firmer. If u like to really lower ur car, the eibach spring doesnt lower that much.

It lowers by 2" or so depending on the spring perch that you have on the damper. Since you used the stock shocks, you end up only lowering by a little. Compare my car with Tein Flex lowered by 1" to Tony1234's car which has Eibach+Bilstein, his is lower than mine. I think LXRY also has Eibachs but with Koni Yellows and his car is MUCH lower than mine.

As I said, get matching dampers to suit, like the Bilsteins. Don't get just the Eiback springs alone.

tony1234
26-04-2008, 06:41 PM
Mine's approx.35mm(1+1/4in.) drop.just enough.I wouldn't want any lower with the shit roads,speedhumps,high gutters etc.we have in Sydney.:(

_Vtekn_
26-04-2008, 07:28 PM
Thank for the info guys!!!:thumbsup:

With the eibach's for the euro do you recommend the Bilstein shocks or the
Koni yellow's,

I have actually had the koni/eibach combo in a prelude once before, not too bad but yet to try out bilstein's.

tony1234
26-04-2008, 08:32 PM
Thank for the info guys!!!:thumbsup:

With the eibach's for the euro do you recommend the Bilstein shocks or the
Koni yellow's,

I have actually had the koni/eibach combo in a prelude once before, not too bad but yet to try out bilstein's.
I of course recommend the Bilsteins but the Koni's are good shocks.I think you have to modify the Koni's to fit(don't quote me though).I went the Bilsteins cause they just bolt straight in.They even have the mounting points for the HID auto levellers.

aaronng
26-04-2008, 08:59 PM
I'd go bilsteins for the HID leveller mounts too. But when you install the ingalls rear camber kit, that doesn't have the HID leveller mount. One advantage of the SPC kit.

D R U
27-04-2008, 09:57 PM
I of course recommend the Bilsteins but the Koni's are good shocks.I think you have to modify the Koni's to fit(don't quote me though).I went the Bilsteins cause they just bolt straight in.They even have the mounting points for the HID auto levellers.

Ive got the eibach pro springs with koni yellows, didnt have to get them modified.
The ride is good, almost stock, bumpier at slow speeds over speed humps, but pushing it through corners it feels so much more controllable and accurate.
My cars a bit low atm thought, theyre on the secdong lowest setting, front and rear. The fronts fine, but the rears a bit low, im going to raise it one step when i get the RSB and rear camber kit installed.

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd282/druhuynh/IMG_0632.jpg

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd282/druhuynh/IMG_0633.jpg

rikstar
27-04-2008, 10:09 PM
They cost about the same if you buy them from a local distributor.

Which local distributors are you recommending? i've just asked for two quotes for the Bilstein/Eibach setup and both have come in over $1,600.

A trader here has Tein SS for $1,395.

aaronng
27-04-2008, 10:13 PM
Which local distributors are you recommending? i've just asked for two quotes for the Bilstein/Eibach setup and both have come in over $1,600.

Ask the trader if his Tein SS is from the local Tein distributor (Fulcrum) or if it is imported from HK/Japan. :)

rikstar
27-04-2008, 10:23 PM
Ask the trader if his Tein SS is from the local Tein distributor (Fulcrum) or if it is imported from HK/Japan. :)

Pardon my ignorance, but are you implying there is a quality difference depending on where it was sourced from?

aaronng
27-04-2008, 11:12 PM
Pardon my ignorance, but are you implying there is a quality difference depending on where it was sourced from?

Not in quality. But if you ever have to do a warranty claim, you have to go through the trader and not through the distributor. If you need to rebuild the coils in the future, the distributor won't do it because the coils are a grey import, and they might not sell the parts to you either. Nothing wrong, I am using grey import Tein Flex as well. My original post was comparing local Tein SS and local Eibach/Bilstein.

LXRY
29-04-2008, 04:57 PM
It lowers by 2" or so depending on the spring perch that you have on the damper. Since you used the stock shocks, you end up only lowering by a little. Compare my car with Tein Flex lowered by 1" to Tony1234's car which has Eibach+Bilstein, his is lower than mine. I think LXRY also has Eibachs but with Koni Yellows and his car is MUCH lower than mine.

As I said, get matching dampers to suit, like the Bilsteins. Don't get just the Eiback springs alone.

Yeah your right my car is very low but great height "perfect".....tow hook occasionally hits gutter when parking sometimes, but you learn not to get too close...I usually reverse in these days as i have parking sensors (rear)

Guys,

Looking to at lowering my euro however not sure what to go with.

Eibach prokit springs or get some tein "ss" or "comfort" coilovers.

It just I'd like to get a resonable ride quality being a luxury car.

Just wondering have any of you guys have got any of these fitted to your cars and how you find the ride etc???

Thanks guys

I can recommend eibach/koni for a euro....i'll post a pic too show clearance. I was recommended either eibach/koni or eibach/bilstein suits car well. Can't vouch for others as not 100 % sure. Don't go too low as front will hit bump stops on bad pot holes....not sure if bump stops can be changed to softer ones.....don't see why not but not sure of this.

Comfortable.......but also firm......konis can be adjusted too suit if you like too, but softer setting is perfect if you ask me unless you gonna do track.

Hope this helps ;)

tony1234
29-04-2008, 06:04 PM
Yeah your right my car is very low but great height "perfect".....tow hook occasionally hits gutter when parking sometimes, but you learn not to get too close...I usually reverse in these days as i have parking sensors (rear)

I can recommend eibach/koni for a euro....i'll post a pic too show clearance. I was recommended either Can't vouch for others as not 100 % sure. Don't go too low as front will hit bump stops on bad pot holes....not sure if bump stops can be changed to softer ones.....don't see why not but not sure of this.

Comfortable.......but also firm......konis can be adjusted too suit if you like too, but softer setting is perfect if you ask me unless you gonna do track.

Hope this helps ;)
I too was recommended to go for either eibach/koni or eibach/bilstein as they both suit the car well.

_Vtekn_
29-04-2008, 10:10 PM
I'd go bilsteins for the HID leveller mounts too. But when you install the ingalls rear camber kit, that doesn't have the HID leveller mount. One advantage of the SPC kit.

So bilstiens has the hid mounts handy!!

If i obtain a Ingalls rear camber do you require the leveller mount for HID on the rear???

_Vtekn_
29-04-2008, 10:12 PM

Have found too myself bilstein/eibach combo expensive, any one know of some good local distributors???:D

Thanks

tony1234
30-04-2008, 07:27 AM
So bilstiens has the hid mounts handy!!

If i obtain a Ingalls rear camber do you require the leveller mount for HID on the rear???
No you'll have to get the SPC if you want to have the HID leveler mount as it replaces the top rear control arm only whereas the Ingalls replaces both upper and lower.

Crapdaz
30-04-2008, 08:55 AM
Sorry to hijack.
What is an alternative way for the HID leveler mount positioning whilst using Ingalls Camber kit?
Hopefully get tein monoflex on this friday with my mate.

aaronng
30-04-2008, 09:12 AM
Sorry to hijack.
What is an alternative way for the HID leveler mount positioning whilst using Ingalls Camber kit?
Hopefully get tein monoflex on this friday with my mate.

You can make a bracket and clamp it to the ingalls control arm.

Crapdaz
30-04-2008, 03:23 PM
You can make a bracket and clamp it to the ingalls control arm.

Otherwise it'll just hang loose?

aaronng
30-04-2008, 04:43 PM
Otherwise it'll just hang loose?

You tie it up with a cable tie if you don't have a bracket. You don't want it to hang loose and risk getting damaged.

Crapdaz
30-04-2008, 08:52 PM
You tie it up with a cable tie if you don't have a bracket. You don't want it to hang loose and risk getting damaged.

thanks for clearing that up and yeh would have tied up anyhow.

_Vtekn_
30-04-2008, 11:34 PM

Did those who have the bilsteins/eibach obtain them in a kit form or kit part number, or did you just obtain the BILSTEIN B8® Sprint shocks for lowered spings and than get the eibach prokit springs separate.

It just one seller said they come as a kit?????

tony1234
01-05-2008, 07:16 AM
Did those who have the bilsteins/eibach obtain them in a kit form or kit part number, or did you just obtain the BILSTEIN B8® Sprint shocks for lowered spings and than get the eibach prokit springs separate.

It just one seller said they come as a kit?????
You order them separately as you've stated.don't forget to order a rear camber kit as well.Eibach do one or get the SPC(both are the same thing)It's a nice drop,approx.35mm.not too low.:D

_Vtekn_
17-05-2008, 10:33 PM
guys,

Besides the HID mounts on the bilsteins, overall in terms of comfort & ride for a luxury car the (euro) would you recommend the bilsteins over the koni???

Anyone experienced both????:thumbsup:

thanks

Suntzu
17-05-2008, 11:31 PM
I got quotes on the local eibach spring, quality shock combo it was $2500 fitted. Fk that, i got my Tein SS from MaxHondaPower trader on these forums for $1300 landed. They are not aus delivered units but I dont give a crap cause the qualities there, and sif im going to have a warranty issue. If I do i have issues then I have $1200 worth of repairs before I break even. ( that the risk you take with grey imports and I gladly shoulder it for this price difference) I dont imagine its that hard to get the shocks refitted at a local shock shop.

Love the adjustability of my Tein SS, that being said im sure theres better shocks out there, the springs are spot on though. I have a hard time finding a happy medium with ride vs handling but thats the challenge of all suspension tunes I guess. Being able to have whatever ride height i like is bloody fantastic though.

Handling is ridiculously good with a RSB and front strut with the tein SS.

cheers

aaronng
18-05-2008, 08:46 AM
The dampers used in SS and Flex are no where near the quality of the Bilstein dampers though.

Suntzu
18-05-2008, 09:54 AM
Thats basically what im saying except I haven't driven the bilsteins. Id just image that they are very awesome as a lot of manufacturers use them in the sports models.

Thats the only issue I have with the Tein SS, the dampers. For the money I have they are great though.

I wonder if i can change the tein damper for a bilstein one when they wear out...

tony1234
18-05-2008, 12:15 PM
I got my Bilstein/Eibachs with rear camber kit,4 wheel alignment drive in drive out 2 yrs.ago for $2100.All i can say is:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

mleung
20-08-2008, 05:35 PM
How much for just the Blisten's though? Including install. I've got Tein S-Tech Springs that I like to keep. I got quoted around $1500.00 installed so far.

tony1234
20-08-2008, 05:49 PM
How much for just the Blisten's though? Including install. I've got Tein S-Tech Springs that I like to keep. I got quoted around $1500.00 installed so far.
$1000-$1100 approx.supply only.Get Eibach springs at the same time $500 approx.and sell your Tein springs.cost even less.

mleung
21-08-2008, 09:48 AM
$1000-$1100 approx.supply only.Get Eibach springs at the same time $500 approx.and sell your Tein springs.cost even less.

Know of any reasonable priced places in Sydney to get this done?

aaronng
21-08-2008, 10:18 AM
Know of any reasonable priced places in Sydney to get this done?

$1500 installed is pretty good. What is the price for the parts alone?

mleung
21-08-2008, 10:23 AM
$1500 installed is pretty good. What is the price for the parts alone?

The price was just the Blisten Shocks though no Springs....

$620 Front / $550 Rear and $350 for Install

aaronng
21-08-2008, 10:31 AM
The price was just the Blisten Shocks though no Springs....

$620 Front / $550 Rear and $350 for Install

You can get the install cheap (DIY cheap) by sending a PM to Bennjamin :)
Plus, you'll get to see my legs as I tighten up my suspension (again).

mleung
21-08-2008, 10:34 AM
You can get the install cheap (DIY cheap) by sending a PM to Bennjamin :)
Plus, you'll get to see my legs as I tighten up my suspension (again).

Where is he based? He doesn't supply parts right?

tony1234
21-08-2008, 03:40 PM
Where is he based? He doesn't supply parts right?
He's in Sydney.No he doesn't supply parts.He's a mod on this site.I've heard good things about his work,he did a Euro for one of the guys here,i can't remember who though.

Euro08Jaz
21-08-2008, 10:01 PM
hey aaronng how would you rate Bilstein/Eibachs to flex performance wise?

aaronng
21-08-2008, 10:18 PM
hey aaronng how would you rate Bilstein/Eibachs to flex performance wise?

Are you after performance or comfort?
Flex is stiff and uncomfortable. It is not suitable for Sydney roads where I live. When on street, both are similar with Bilstein/eibach more comfortable and less painful to your spine. On the track, I am not sure as I haven't driven an euro with bilstein/eibach on the track before.

tony1234
22-08-2008, 07:19 AM
Are you after performance or comfort?
Flex is stiff and uncomfortable. It is not suitable for Sydney roads where I live. When on street, both are similar with Bilstein/eibach more comfortable and less painful to your spine. On the track, I am not sure as I haven't driven an euro with bilstein/eibach on the track before.
Flex would have the edge over Bilstein/eibach on the track but how much time do you spend on the track compared to time on normal roads?Plus the roads in Sydney are shit and getting worse.:thumbdwn:If you base your decision on that it's an easy choice!

mleung
22-08-2008, 09:38 AM
It'll be insteresting to compare the cars with the Tein SS Coilovers and the Bilstein/eibach combo.... Everyone who has Tein SS coils says it not too bad for comfort.

mleung
27-11-2008, 03:10 PM
Re-starting an old thread.

My standard shocks have finally bit the bullet. Front Left Shock is now leaking and apparently the mounting wasn't installed correctly on the same shock either.

Car still has the Tein S-TECH springs on it (Installed by IS Motor Racing - Possibly the cause of the incorrect install)

Planning to sell the car in 15 months time so went to look at cheap Monroe shocks but after ringing around a few places no one could give me answer if Monroe do shocks that suit the car. Can someone confirm if this is the case?

I need to install a camber kit as well just put on new RE001 tyres.

Do I have any cost effective options? Or should I just bite the bullet and get the suggested Blisten / Koni / Eibach combo? and Sell the Teins.

Crapdaz
27-11-2008, 06:26 PM
15months if your going to sell just revert back to stock, if you have the stock parts on hand!

else just go cheapest option of maybe peddars or something so not too expensive like eibach and bilstein.