PDA

View Full Version : NSW: 3 day cooling off period?

MWAKU
27-04-2008, 01:15 AM
Does anyone have any knowledge on this? If i bought a car on tuesday from the dealer, according to the fair trading in NSW, i have, 3 whole business days, not including weekends and public holidays, hence i have? wednesday, thursday and monday? since friday was a public holiday??

I read something about if the dealer allows you to take the car during the cooling period.

So would the cooling off period start when i put a deposit down? Which was a sunday? thus? my cooling off period woulda stopped on wednesday??

xtat1k
27-04-2008, 02:27 AM
havent really heard of a cooling off period, but why wouldnt you just check the car to make sure its in 100% working order before u buy. that would be a MUST.

sassy_fit_vtit
27-04-2008, 08:10 AM
read the contract of sale

hisoka
27-04-2008, 10:47 AM
cooling of period is to make sure you have no second thoughts and shiet...like your 100 percent sure you wanna buy it. Same thing when you buy a house you have a 7 day cool off.

The contract can be thrown away within the cool off period and you dont have to go through with it even if you have signed. however after the cool of period you are lawfully binded to what the contract say mate~ and no it doesn't include weekends and PH. The cool off period is usually after the contract or the deposit, depends were you buy from, mine was after contract and i did not have to pay any deposit.

make sure when you pick up the car have a good look and shiet cause if the car isnt what you think you were buying then you dont have to buy it, you can rightfully refuse. of if the car doesnt look like the one you said you wanted to buy then you dont have to buy, check for dents scratches and shiet liek that, good luck

m0nty ITR
27-04-2008, 11:01 AM
Read your contract. There is no cooling off period on new vehicle sales.

MWAKU
27-04-2008, 11:02 AM
So i made a deposit on a sunday. and i bought the car on tuesday.

when does the cooling off period start?

xtat1k
27-04-2008, 02:32 PM
So i made a deposit on a sunday. and i bought the car on tuesday.

when does the cooling off period start?

Read the contract.