PDA

View Full Version : New member Accord/Euro Questions

horrie
27-04-2008, 09:01 AM
Hi everyone, I'm new to your site, great amount of info. I came across your site while reseaching buying a Honda. I'm looking at 06 models [started with Mazda 6, Subaru Impreza or Honda Accord or Euro]. After going threw your forums I'm definitely focusing on the Accord or Euro at the moment. I'm looking at 06 as I can't afford a new one, won't have to wear the first lot of depreciation & believe I can pick up a low km example for mid to high 20K. I am looking at the Accord or Euro, will be driving approx 600km per week for work & had some concerns on service costs etc. Why the Honda, I'd like a car that has class, quality & hopefully better resale in 2 to 3 years than all the other bottomless money pits.
My main concern from reading this forum is.
1. The clutch issues on the manual Euro, can anyone tell me if this has been sorted on the later models.
2. I've read there is a possibilty the Milano Red paint may fade, [a real issue for me as no garage at work]. I've enquired on a couple of manual/red
Euros but am unsure on these now.
3. Is it worth the extra coin to go for a luxury over standard models for resale value.
4. Should the Euro be run on PULP as 1 I've enquired on was being run on standard ULP, can this cause dramas?
Thinking maybe to wait a bit for new models to start selling in numbers, although l probably need to buy within the next couple of months.
Any feedback appreciated. Cheers

EuroOn20s
27-04-2008, 12:17 PM
1. I haven't had no problems with clutch. Dont know what the issue is. My car is 05 euro luxury.
2. Any car that is standard flat red in colour will fade no matter what (not necessarily metallic reds like mazda 6 etc). Over time and in the sun it will start to fade, even polishing it and you'll see the cloth will have red on it. Whether you will still have the car for that long for it to fade you would prob end up spraying candy red lol.
3. I bought the luxury model new, it is approx $7k more than standard, sounds alot, but has more things and the car is worth more in the end pending on condition and klms.
4. Euros are supposed to be run on 95ron petrol minimum, so shouldn't really use 91ron unleaded etc. I sometimes put unleaded, then put BP98 and mix it up a little if the pumps aren't "out of order" haha.

hope this helps mate.

horrie
27-04-2008, 01:06 PM
Thanks for your input, I agree with the red paint scenario, I actually owned a fire engine red Falcon around 10 year ago & after thinking back the polishing rag was always red after I fininshed polishing it. I haven't ruled out the accord either due to a roomier interior. I'm going to stick with the 2.4 versions though as I've seen a few disturbing shows lately with people within the fuel industry claiming fuel will be triple its current price within 3-5 years. My biggest problem is I live in the country about 6 hours from Sydney [plenty of Toyotas, Fords & Holdens around]so I'm largely reliant on the net & forums like this one to do all my research & finding a car.
Does anyone know if a Euro that's been run on less than 95 Oct causes any problems engine wise or not?

CB7_OWNER
27-04-2008, 09:06 PM
If the engine is designed to run on 95 then its best you use 95.. anything less will not save you anymore money, as it will result in higher fuel consumption and decrease in performance by not using the recommended petrol.