PDA

View Full Version : 2008 V6 Luxury Thread

V6LUXURY
27-04-2008, 11:30 AM
Morning all,

There seems to a few V6LUX owners out there and no specific thread on the car.

Just wondering if anyone could answer the following:

Are the xenons only low beam or are they bi-xenon?

What are the globe specs on the lows and highs? Are the lows d2s?

Are you satisfied with the lighting setup?

I've read that the steering is quite light - can you confirm/deny this?

Fuel consumption - seems to be in the 11's from the users here (albeit on an engine that's travelled appx 1000k's)

What sort of driving have you done to get these figures (eg 20% hwy 80% city)

What is your gut feeling on the VCM does it work? what consumption figures are achievable.

How is the SAT-NAV? I read that the platform was 5 years old

Many thanks

(Mine is arriving mid- MAY)

:)

dyljoy
27-04-2008, 04:31 PM
Hi, welcome to join us. I can answer ur few Q's above.
they are HID only at low beam. Lighting setup just fine. its steering is quite light, is true, and i think u will used to it. Fuel consumption can not tell until car run in and seems most of us just brand new so we have to wait and see. My first tank achieved 11.8L/100KM, and 1/3 HWY 2/3 city drive. The VCM seems work but we still need the car run in to define it. The platform is bit old but still working well, and our map version is newest one, and work better than previous version which on euro. EuroBro can confirm that coz he owned both. Finally, congratulation on ur new accord! what colour u buying?

EuroBro
27-04-2008, 05:40 PM
I agree dyljoy and have had the same experience (I'm on 1500 km's now). The satnav is a huge improvement over euro - a completely new interface and logic - you won't be disappointed.

Congrats on the new purchase, the new Accord V6L is fantasic all-over!

V6LUXURY
27-04-2008, 07:45 PM
Thanks for the welcome. :thumbsup:

I ordered the precious metal.

Options: blue tooth (why, oh why didn't Honda intergrate it?) and mats.

Have either of you guys gone for the flip key as discussed in another thread

similar to this: http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=150223227690&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=005

dyljoy
27-04-2008, 08:09 PM
the blue tooth is a must have item for modern car, i have no idea why they not as standard with V6L.

for the flip key, it looks great, but a bit pricy.Will you get it?

longers
27-04-2008, 08:18 PM
Thanks for the welcome. :thumbsup:

I ordered the precious metal.

Options: blue tooth (why, oh why didn't Honda intergrate it?) and mats.

Have either of you guys gone for the flip key as discussed in another thread

similar to this: http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=150223227690&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=005

hahaha speaking from experience...
don't do it...
see my delimmas on the other thread..
should've wait for the 08accord.

V6LUXURY
27-04-2008, 08:37 PM
Prob won't get it, just wanted thoughts. ;)

Any luck on the globe sizes, anyone?

Muchos Grasias

dyljoy
27-04-2008, 09:04 PM
i found the cheaper one as AUD$49 on ebay which locate my area, but I still thinking, haha

V6LUXURY
27-04-2008, 09:32 PM
give it a shot dyljoy - be the guinea pig for us! lol :)

I forgot to ask before;

How are the heated seats?

How's the stereo - is there plenty of bass from the sub?

dyljoy
27-04-2008, 09:39 PM
i got 9 guinea pig in my house already, i don't want to be the 10th, haha.
The heated seat is fine, but not too cold now, i still leave it as off. The stereo is good enough for standard one, much better than what my 8th civic's before, bass is enough so u should tune it well, otherwise it will be noice back there, haha

EuroBro
27-04-2008, 09:40 PM
give it a shot dyljoy - be the guinea pig for us! lol :)

I forgot to ask before;

How are the heated seats?

How's the stereo - is there plenty of bass from the sub?

It's only as small sub.. but very effective all the same.

The stereo is awesome and the best I've experienced from Honda to-date.:thumbsup:

dyljoy
27-04-2008, 09:44 PM
ya, totally agree, can't expect something else better than that.

tardotz
28-04-2008, 07:47 PM
Hi I've done about 3500 kms and drive mostly in sydney (mainly stuck on the M2) and I get about 11.4 l/100kms. When I drive in the suburbs I am now getting about 10.4. It seems to get better the more you drive it.

EuroBro
28-04-2008, 08:11 PM
Yep, I am now getting 10.8 around the suburbs. I'm not sure how the weather affects fc. All of last week was raining and I had 1 Litre higher fc.

dyljoy
28-04-2008, 11:07 PM
u guy got pretty good result, mine still achieving 13.0, but my car just done the 1k service today and clock at 850km so far. Hope it will improve a bit better later.

V6LUXURY
28-04-2008, 11:22 PM
Thanks for the updates fellas.

Keep 'em coming.

NTGD
29-04-2008, 02:22 PM
I am still waiting for my V6-L.......

there have been a delay of at least a week.....

Got a question about the Honda Bluetooth system

I notice on Honda's website where you clink into the details of the Bluetooth system, is shows "Accord (excluding models fitted with Satellite Navigation) - 2003 onwards"

So I e-mail a few Honda dealer, and 2 reply me, and one said its not compatible and claim she have confirm with the parts department people and and the other dealership said its OK for the 2008 model.

I notice a few of you mention you have/will install the Bluetooth system, so I assume it will be fine? Just want to confirm.

For those actually have the Honda one installed, how's the quality of the unit?

Cheers!

aaronng
29-04-2008, 03:02 PM
10.x L/100km is good. Beats the auto Euro's real life fuel consumption!

dyljoy
29-04-2008, 03:45 PM
I got the honda bluetooth system for my V6L, but it isn't source from dealer coz its price too high. but I installed it at dealer and it working very well, and I saved over 300bucks compare to what dealer's offer b4.

ps: So in your case, did you order it from dealer already or not? i suggess u'd better source it from outside to save $$. and if you are pro, u can DIY the installation to save more.

I am still waiting for my V6-L.......

there have been a delay of at least a week.....

Got a question about the Honda Bluetooth system

I notice on Honda's website where you clink into the details of the Bluetooth system, is shows "Accord (excluding models fitted with Satellite Navigation) - 2003 onwards"

So I e-mail a few Honda dealer, and 2 reply me, and one said its not compatible and claim she have confirm with the parts department people and and the other dealership said its OK for the 2008 model.

I notice a few of you mention you have/will install the Bluetooth system, so I assume it will be fine? Just want to confirm.

For those actually have the Honda one installed, how's the quality of the unit?

Cheers!

NTGD
29-04-2008, 04:21 PM
I have not purchase or order it yet.

Just getting info to make sure its compatible.

EuroBro
29-04-2008, 05:13 PM

The BT kit is superb. I am using it with Nokia and a HTC Touch (Windows Mobile 6 PDA). It connects first go and I have not found any faults or design/functionality issues.

dyljoy
29-04-2008, 05:50 PM
ya, BT kit is great, the only negative point is "it is not integrate with the car as standard feature for V6L".

EuroBro
29-04-2008, 06:13 PM
ya, BT kit is great, the only negative point is "it is not integrate with the car as standard feature for V6L".

Yeah. Bummer I forked out all this money when the American version get this plus a bunch more extras for free like iPOD/USB port.

EuroBro
29-04-2008, 06:17 PM

Bluetooth is a very standard wireless protocol and should work with all the current bluetooth enabled mobile phones.

Have you heard about any incompatibilities with this bt kit?

NTGD
30-04-2008, 11:58 AM
Its just that on Honda website for the Bluetooth system it shows:

"Accord (excluding models fitted with Satellite Navigation) - 2003 onwards"

So there might be an issue with older Accord with the satellite navigation, so I ask the dealers and got conflicting anwsers.

Anyway, good to hear that people have it installed on the 08 Accord V6-L and have no problem with it.

Its a shame we don't have it integrated on the car like the US model......

V6LUXURY
30-04-2008, 02:20 PM
The US car doesn't come standard with a lot of things that we get though.

In the grand scale of things - we win.

aaronng
30-04-2008, 02:31 PM

3.5L TL A-spec manual. :thumbsup:

dyljoy
30-04-2008, 03:01 PM
Just wondering how's feeling about drive V6L with manual...should be fun

V6LUXURY
30-04-2008, 08:05 PM
would prefer rwd if manual.

EuroBro
02-05-2008, 01:11 PM
Speaking of accessories, I recommend getting a boot tray. It stops the boot carpet beading/fraying. Also good for shopping spills (icecream, milk). It also reduces things sliding around.

SPQR
03-05-2008, 07:26 AM

I disagree. We lose to the tune of $15K! Ours doesn't have $15K of more stuff in it.

SPQR
03-05-2008, 07:38 AM
10.x L/100km is good. Beats the auto Euro's real life fuel consumption!

Probably the extra torque that makes moving such a heavy car much easier. I get 11.1L/100km to 12L/100km in light suburban and light city traffic with my Euro 5AT.

I've driven the new Accord twice now. You do get used to the light steering because it is also very direct: Turn the steering wheel and get instant response. The handling is good and the ride is nicer than current Euro.

The 2.4L I4 is OK around town but a large car needs something with more go. If you can, get the V6; which I haven't driven yet. The only Honda dealer here won't rego a V6 demo as they mostly sell the 2.4L.

IMO, the VCM is designed to work in steady cruising. Not stop-start traffic. You would expect very good economy on a long trip.

V6LUXURY
03-05-2008, 12:26 PM
I disagree. We lose to the tune of $15K! Ours doesn't have $15K of more stuff in it.

Are you refering to import tax?

V6LUXURY
03-05-2008, 08:49 PM
Hey all,

Here are some consumer reviews about the new V6

http://www.edmunds.com/honda/accord/2008/consumerreview.1.100939064.date.html

SPQR
04-05-2008, 07:21 AM
Are you refering to import tax?

The Accord sold in Australia is made in Thailand. Due to the free trade agreement with Thailand, there is no import duty for cars from Thailand! That's why Honda is manufacturing the cars there.

The $15K is how much more we pay in Australian Dollars for the Accord V6 compared to what North Americans pay. The North American Accord is made in North America at North American labour rates (much more than Thai labour rates) and yet it still manages to be cheaper than our Thai built version.

Put simply, we are being massively ripped-off.

V6LUXURY
04-05-2008, 09:41 AM
The Accord sold in Australia is made in Thailand. Due to the free trade agreement with Thailand, there is no import duty for cars from Thailand! That's why Honda is manufacturing the cars there.

The $15K is how much more we pay in Australian Dollars for the Accord V6 compared to what North Americans pay. The North American Accord is made in North America at North American labour rates (much more than Thai labour rates) and yet it still manages to be cheaper than our Thai built version.

My mistake re: Import tax :o:)

We perhaps are being taken for a ride (esp when you think how much European cars cost in The US compared to little ol' Oz, but I guess that's more lux/import tax)

Are you comparing similary specced cars at that price.

From memory Sat Nav, reverse camera, memory seats and (maybe) Roof are not standard in US lux models perhaps that makes up a bit of a difference.

SPQR
05-05-2008, 07:56 AM
My mistake re: Import tax :o:)

We perhaps are being taken for a ride (esp when you think how much European cars cost in The US compared to little ol' Oz, but I guess that's more lux/import tax)

Are you comparing similary specced cars at that price.

From memory Sat Nav, reverse camera, memory seats and (maybe) Roof are not standard in US lux models perhaps that makes up a bit of a difference.

I don't see how that might add up to $15K unless you were specifying Benz or BMW option prices!

I checked the Honda USA website: Their top of the range V6 misses out on Sat Nav but gets auto dimming rear view mirror, tyre pressure monitoring, satellite radio and power front seats as standard. Apart from Sat Nav, the USA version appears to be better equipped. Some of these things are standard on the lesser models as well.

The rear view camera is a US$473 (AUD$503) option. The Sat Nav is a US$1,200 (AUD$1,276) option. That only adds up to AUD$1,779. And what do you take off for the things we don't get; like the auto dimming rear view mirror, tyre pressure monitoring and satellite radio?

I think the overall difference is about $15K.

No, we are being comprehensively ripped-off! And remember, ours is made in low labour cost Thailand. Maybe someone should convince a federal government politician to refer the discrepancy to the ACCC (not that they do much other than side with big business!).

V6LUXURY
05-05-2008, 08:41 AM
I don't see how that might add up to $15K unless you were specifying Benz or BMW option prices!

I checked the Honda USA website: Their top of the range V6 misses out on Sat Nav but gets auto dimming rear view mirror, tyre pressure monitoring, satellite radio and power front seats as standard. Apart from Sat Nav, the USA version appears to be better equipped. Some of these things are standard on the lesser models as well.

The rear view camera is a US$473 (AUD$503) option. The Sat Nav is a US$1,200 (AUD$1,276) option. That only adds up to AUD$1,779. And what do you take off for the things we don't get; like the auto dimming rear view mirror, tyre pressure monitoring and satellite radio?

I think the overall difference is about $15K.

No, we are being comprehensively ripped-off! And remember, ours is made in low labour cost Thailand. Maybe someone should convince a federal government politician to refer the discrepancy to the ACCC (not that they do much other than side with big business!).

Well written, mate and thatnks for taking the time to post the info. :thumbsup:

I didn't realise we were being jammed so hard.

Cheers,

dyljoy
05-05-2008, 09:00 AM
thanks for SPQR's post again and again. We all know difference price list in difference countries, but we can not change it too much as we just buyer. But we can buy the one we love, if we think the price list is not acceptable, then just pass it or use the bargain skilll to bring it home. But new accord still a great car compare to other same price range's car and even rip off on price here.

edawooda
08-05-2008, 04:15 AM
SPQR, we all know that cars are cheaper in the US (and Japan) compared to Australia. Tbh though pretty much everything is! Electronics, food, beer, petrol etc are all significantly cheaper in the US so cars are no different.

Whether we are paying too much for our cars is down to how much value you think our cars have regardless of what they are sold for elsewhere.

On the balance of it though, I personally think we pay a very reasonable amount of money for our cars. Especially compared to Europe and a lot of asian countries. I once saw the price of a camry in vietnam and it was in the order of about 50k USD!!!! This was back when our $1 AUD -> 60c/ USD. My uncle bought a 325i for 90k USD!!!

So if you ever feel bad just think that it could be a hell of a lot worse!

aaronng
08-05-2008, 10:46 AM
In Malaysia, RRP for the V6 Lux is RM238,318. That is AU$80,875. Who is getting ripped off now? This is a country taking advantage of the free trade agreement with Thailand, is located NEXT to Thailand, and the annual income for a starting engineer is AU$8135 pre-tax! Our starting engineer's income here is at least AU$40,000.

UNLS1
08-05-2008, 11:19 AM
lol is SPQR still goin on with his stupid price argument???
its so pointless goin on about it for so many different reasons.

Crapdaz
08-05-2008, 12:16 PM
In Malaysia, RRP for the V6 Lux is RM238,318. That is AU$80,875. Who is getting ripped off now? This is a country taking advantage of the free trade agreement with Thailand, is located NEXT to Thailand, and the annual income for a starting engineer is AU$8135 pre-tax! Our starting engineer's income here is at least AU$40,000.

ROFL CRAZY

dyljoy
08-05-2008, 01:30 PM
this is same situation as China 10 yrs ago, but after China joined WTO, car's price in China become reasonable. For example, V6 Lux is RMB320,000, that is AU$47,000, almost same as here, and i have to point out is they all made by local location: GuangZhou of China (my hometown,yo!). So Australia buying the very reasonable value's Accord here.:thumbsup:

dyljoy
11-05-2008, 10:20 AM
Hi, found a new accord V6 review from carguide, have a look!
http://carsguide.news.com.au/site/research/story/honda_accord_v6_a_class_act/

V6LUXURY
11-05-2008, 10:08 PM
Nice spot.

Geez they love it, don't they!! :)

I'm getting fired up about mine even more now ;)

V6LUXURY
13-05-2008, 10:05 PM
And another one that talks mostly about the V6

http://www.wheelsmag.com.au/wheels/site/articleIDs/E2943D049213A483CA25743B00186FE8?open&template=domWheels

dyljoy
14-05-2008, 01:01 AM
reading, thanks

V6LUXURY
14-05-2008, 08:38 AM
http://www.drive.com.au/Editorial/ArticleDetail.aspx?ArticleID=51720&vf=1

http://editorial.carsales.com.au/car-review/2901424.aspx

I notice some discrepencies between the two reviews.

One thinks the dash set up is easy to get around the other finds it cumbersome.

Big difference in fuel conumption as well 10.8 v's 8.something (don't remember off the top of my head)

dyljoy
14-05-2008, 09:26 AM
Good search, but i think the article just reference for us, the current buyer like us will know the true between them. haha

NTGD
19-05-2008, 03:44 PM
Had my V6-L for a bit over a week now, what a nice car to drive, the GPS is really good.

For my first tank, the low fuel light comes on at 629km, the trip computer tell me my average fuel consumption was 10.2L/100 km..... quite close to the 10L claimed by Honda.

dyljoy
19-05-2008, 04:10 PM
woo, ur first tank's consumption perform very good up there, I am running my third tank, but it never close to 11L/100km mark after finish per tank. Maybe I always push it harder when overtake, haha

EuroBro
20-05-2008, 08:57 PM
Impressive FC mate! Are you using 98 octane? If so which one?

1 Shell V-Power
2 BP Ultimate
3 Caltex Vortex 98
4 Mobile 8000

Are you doing peak hour city driving or country highway? what ratio?

I am currently using 11.5 in peak urban using Shell V-Power

Other V6 owners - please post your Fuel Type/Driving Conditions and FC

Cheers!

dyljoy
20-05-2008, 09:08 PM
my last tank is almost 50% city and 50% HW, achieved 11.8L/100km overall by Shell V-Power.

NTGD
25-05-2008, 01:55 PM
Just pumped my second tank, this time the low fuel light comes on at 604km, the trip computer said my average fuel consumption is 10.3L.

I drive about 60% freeway and use normal unlead petrol from Caltex.

dyljoy
25-05-2008, 02:12 PM
nice, I just top up my 4th tank yesterday by normal unlead from shell at 550km without fuel light comes on yet, and average fuel consumption is 11.4L(50% freeway). and i did 145km yesterday on my third tank on 90% freeway, it achieve 9.6L when end up the trip, and the best average fuel consumption is 8.5L when i driving on freeway. it is very impressive result! coz it took 5 persons and always aircon on.

bodaas
25-05-2008, 05:32 PM
i thought new accord can swith 6 cylinder to 3-4 cylinder on highway drive
hows that work?? is there any switch to do this?
is it help the fuel consumption?

dyljoy
25-05-2008, 06:09 PM
i think VCM helps us to improve on fuel consumption. When the VCM operate, a light as "eco" will show on the dashboard, it doesn't come with any manually switch button to do this, the engine will switch by itself.

V6LUXURY
26-05-2008, 08:27 PM
Getting a little peeved with my dealer.

I was told 4-6 weeks for delivery and that was 9 weeks ago.

I've had no contact from them and sent off a please explain email this morning.

This is not the way to start of a new business relationship.

dyljoy
26-05-2008, 08:34 PM
oh, sorry to hear that, what reason for the delay?

V6LUXURY
26-05-2008, 08:58 PM
Hopefully I'll get an explanation tomorrow.

If not, then it has to move to a please explain phone call.

V6LUXURY
27-05-2008, 04:06 PM
email received.

Car arriving today/tomorrow and will advise when ready for delivery.

dyljoy
27-05-2008, 04:34 PM
nice! enjoy ur car! my mugen front grille and visor will arrive around next few days as well, I will show up some pic once i put them on my car, can't wait!

EuroBro
27-05-2008, 08:56 PM
What colours did you choose? I was told that nighthawke black with black leather is on a 3 month back order.

V6LUXURY
27-05-2008, 09:58 PM
I went with the precious metal on black

Was told the wait would be 4-6 weeks.

It wasn't the wait that annoyed me but the fact no one bothered to communicate with me until I sent an email after the 9th week.

EuroBro
27-05-2008, 10:29 PM
Mate, I would be demanding plenty of "freebies" for making me wait this long. Just think how many $1000's they are making off you and are treating you like a used car buyer! Mate - speak to the General Manager and complain about being lied to about the delivery date (just to get you signed up quicky) and then keep information from you all this time. Tell him you want you deposit back or you will complain to Honda. I guarantee you will get anything you want. Remember - they are making somewhere between 10 and 20% from the sale - upto $10k in real terms.

dyljoy
27-05-2008, 11:46 PM
True, EuroBro, Sales department can't treat customer in this way. V6LUXURY, I think u can ignore this delaer forever and tell your frd don't buy vehicle from the dealer. This is cost for the bad service.

V6LUXURY
28-05-2008, 11:52 AM
Guys, I just want the car.

My dissapointment will be made clear to upper management but my order will remain.

I am also getting a VERY good deal

Many thanks for your input though :)

CoZZm0
30-05-2008, 08:29 PM
Hi all, my dad just got a new car, ended up with the V6 Luxury. Very happy with its bang for buck features. They fitted the dealer supplied bluetooth system (was included with a heap of other extras for a very good package price) however after saying during the sales pitch that it mutes the radio upon receiving a call, it turns out it won't with the NAV system.

Has anyone bought any other type of bluetooth system that can be used to mute the radio on an incoming call, or is this not possible with the navigation system at all, i.e the feature/wire doesn't exist?

Thanks!

V6LUXURY
04-06-2008, 06:01 PM
Well It seems that my car has now been delayed to the 12th.

I coudn't get an excuse out of the stealer, but I was assured I would be "looked after" :(

dyljoy
04-06-2008, 08:59 PM
Hope u can get it on time!

V6LUXURY
05-06-2008, 01:14 PM
Cheers mate- must say this is getting frustrating.

What sort of oil are you guys using?

Keeping with stock (what is it?) or have you upgraded?

aaronng
05-06-2008, 01:32 PM
Just use Honda FEO 10w-30.

BeEasy
08-06-2008, 06:02 AM
anyone know if they will come out with a manual model in the future?

V6LUXURY
08-06-2008, 03:19 PM
Not sure, but I wouldn't think so.

How's everyones consumption coming along?

dyljoy
08-06-2008, 03:47 PM
mine around 11L/100km per tank, I think it is pretty good due to aircon always on

theHKway
09-06-2008, 11:00 PM
hey guys
i work at robert lane honda in brighton (melb) and all this info is really good info for myself, hope you are enjoying your 09 accords

there wont be any manual made for the accord in aust, not sure about the rest of the world.

bbk
10-06-2008, 11:46 AM
mine around 11L/100km per tank, I think it is pretty good due to aircon always on

That's great fuel consumption :thumbsup:, mine has been around 11.2-11.9L/100Km and it's a 4 cylinder (almost all in city, some in peak hour traffic). Are you using normal ULP?

My first tank was very scary 15L/100Km!

V6LUXURY
11-06-2008, 06:15 PM
Hey v6 lux owners (and dealers),

What tyres are the lux's running on?

I can't find out that info just tyre stats

dyljoy
11-06-2008, 06:17 PM
ya, always running with normal 91, coz 98 even worst than 91 can run.

That's great fuel consumption :thumbsup:, mine has been around 11.2-11.9L/100Km and it's a 4 cylinder (almost all in city, some in peak hour traffic). Are you using normal ULP?

My first tank was very scary 15L/100Km!

bbk
11-06-2008, 07:36 PM
Hey v6 lux owners (and dealers),

What tyres are the lux's running on?

I can't find out that info just tyre stats

VTi Lux, V6 and V6 Lux come with 225/50R17 94V tyres while the VTi comes with 215/60R16 95H.

V6LUXURY
11-06-2008, 07:40 PM
sorry mate, I meant what brand of tyres...

bbk
11-06-2008, 07:42 PM
sorry mate, I meant what brand of tyres...

Oops, sorry!

dyljoy is in a better position to answer that but VTi Lux comes with Michelin tyres, probably the same for V6 Lux.

V6LUXURY
11-06-2008, 07:44 PM
no sweat :thumbsup:

dyljoy
12-06-2008, 02:04 PM
Michelin is the answer, if i am not wrong, coz they lay on my frd's house right now

V6LUXURY
12-06-2008, 06:40 PM
Thanks for the answer but can you tell me what style of Michi's

dyljoy
12-06-2008, 07:04 PM
u mean the model? i will get it for u later

V6LUXURY
12-06-2008, 07:08 PM
yeah that's it.

Model escaped me when I was writing it.

lol

Rudy
12-06-2008, 09:41 PM
They are Michelin Energy. 225/50/17

V6LUXURY
13-06-2008, 08:38 AM
good on you, Rudy.

Cheers, Bro!

hotout
14-06-2008, 09:11 AM
They are Michelin Energy. 225/50/17

there are plenty of different Mich Energy's...are they MXV8?

V6LUXURY
14-06-2008, 10:06 PM
yep, noticed that when I was researching them as well.

it would be great if someone could have a look for me - pleaaaaase :)

On a side note car was supposed to arrive in Aust on the 12th (after saying it was arriving on June 2nd)

Called and sent an email on the 13th and still haven't heard back....

I'm almost at the stage of naming and shaming these guys... :(

The car was ordered on the 20th MARCH!! and I was told 4-6 weeks (4 weeks most likely)

dyljoy
16-06-2008, 04:20 AM
Sorry to hear that, V6LUXURY. I can't believe new accord are such high demand right now, hope u can get it back very soon

V6LUXURY
16-06-2008, 09:34 AM
Thanks DYLJOY.

Just had a phone call - she'll be ready Friday.

fingers crossed.

MKI4EVA
16-06-2008, 12:40 PM
Hi Guys, does the V6 have any go?.........have driven the Aurion with similar weight and it didn't live up to expectations of the so called "200KW". Basing my comments on a 2L Civic sports.......lease is due on March and we're looking atm.

dyljoy
16-06-2008, 12:54 PM
try a testdrive in dealership, mate. u will get the best answer

MKI4EVA
16-06-2008, 01:12 PM
Cheers - might not be an option anyhow as no Manual box.

sonnic
16-06-2008, 02:27 PM
Hey all, some real-world experience for you...I just drove a brand new V6L to Brisbane from Melbourne, 1900 k's for average 102km/h and 8.7 l/100km!! We went straight up the Newell Hwy, non-stop. You can see from the average speed that we weren't hanging about either! A real Grand Tourer by the true definition of GT...VCM is brilliant! :-)

V6LUXURY
16-06-2008, 02:44 PM
that's brilliant!

How many K's had the car done in total before the trip?

Ie has the engine run in yet?

sonnic
16-06-2008, 03:56 PM
The car was brand new, had 25 k's on it when we left. It is worth pointing out that we ran on 95 octane for the trip, too.

dyljoy
16-06-2008, 11:22 PM
woo, that's impressive result!

Zimp13
18-06-2008, 10:39 PM
i wonder wats the 2.4l fuel consumption like compared to the v6...

V6LUXURY
20-06-2008, 08:21 AM
well, today's the day.

Wish me luck :)

dyljoy
20-06-2008, 03:22 PM
Good luck, mate

V6LUXURY
21-06-2008, 09:22 AM
cheers dyljoy :thumbsup:

Hey.....

IT'S HERE!!!!! :eek:

dyljoy
21-06-2008, 09:28 AM
hey, mate, enjoy ur new car!

VTECH
14-07-2008, 08:38 AM
After test-driving the new Accord Euro we decided to stick with our original choice and ordered a V6L Accord. The Euro was nice enough to drive, very direct sterring and taught suspension but overall it felt cheaper and not as well built as its bigger brother. The rear seat comfort and access in the V6 is amazing compared to the Euro and that lovely smooth V6 really won us over as did the superior seating position and greater vision. Our Alabaster Silver car is not due for delivery until August/September; very happy with the deal we got which included the dealer covering the merchant fee on AMEX ($1500) to allow us to get a whole heap of frequent flyers for an upcoming holiday. After getting the idea from this forum I even negotiated a full tank of juice along with the other accessories. Very happy, just got to wait now.

Jobro
14-07-2008, 10:33 AM
Hi All,
I have completed 6500kms on new luxury picked up 30th April. Tripped to Tasmania from NSW for 5 weeks.
Fuel consumption = overall 10.4
Found that the Sat nav could only be rated as poor in comparision to my old Tom Tom 910.....No speed cameras ,No schoolzones , No Red light Cameras .
Map version 1.4 the latest has so many short comings
Honda needs to update its software to allow all features provided by Sensis
and give value to its clients which they have paid for.

dyljoy
15-07-2008, 07:11 AM
Congratulation! you just made a good choice, welcome to join us,haha

After test-driving the new Accord Euro we decided to stick with our original choice and ordered a V6L Accord. The Euro was nice enough to drive, very direct sterring and taught suspension but overall it felt cheaper and not as well built as its bigger brother. The rear seat comfort and access in the V6 is amazing compared to the Euro and that lovely smooth V6 really won us over as did the superior seating position and greater vision. Our Alabaster Silver car is not due for delivery until August/September; very happy with the deal we got which included the dealer covering the merchant fee on AMEX ($1500) to allow us to get a whole heap of frequent flyers for an upcoming holiday. After getting the idea from this forum I even negotiated a full tank of juice along with the other accessories. Very happy, just got to wait now.

VTECH
15-07-2008, 04:32 PM
Congratulation! you just made a good choice, welcome to join us,haha

Thanks dyljoy, I drove them both back to back twice just to make sure we got the right one for us. Also hired an Audi A4 and A6 whilst on holidays just to see what we were missing out on, cant say either car impressed me and we still have sore lower backs from the rock hard seats. The A6 V6 Diesel has some incredible torque but is very hard to drive smoothly around town, give me the Honda V6 (and the change) any day.

dyljoy
16-07-2008, 09:42 AM
Good, i try to stick with euro car b4 i took new accrod, but after test drive, i know i don't need to go around anymore.

Pariah
20-07-2008, 10:27 PM
I totally agree with you Dyljoy. My sister just brought a 09 Euro Luxury and it is an awesome ride but the v6 accord owns it :)

The extra power of the accord makes it so much better than the Euro which is still awesome in its own right.

dyljoy
20-07-2008, 10:38 PM
Ya, and Accord V6 a bit big compare with euro, so we should be drive it carefully, especilly when we do the parking, hoho

Pariah
20-07-2008, 11:08 PM
Ya, and Accord V6 a bit big compare with euro, so we should be drive it carefully, especilly when we do the parking, hoho

Exactly...

I would take to scrap the front spoiler :eek:

I only wish Honda Australia would take their heads out of their ass and bring over the Honda Accord Coupe :thumbsup:

dyljoy
20-07-2008, 11:14 PM
haha, but coupe just for USA only. back to topic, I am highly recon install reverse sensor and even front one as well, consider new accord's size, hoho

VTECH
21-07-2008, 07:57 AM
Sounds like you reversed (or nearly reversed) into something Dyljoy, the camera did not help? Hope you did not damage the new baby. I did look at the option of reversing sensors but I was disappointed they did not integrate into the main visual display. I gather its sound only. Do Honda make front sensors for the Accord? Thats one thing the new Euro does have front and back yet its a smaller car.

dyljoy
21-07-2008, 04:24 PM
no, my car did not damage yet, just try to avoid such situation, bro. camera just do the part of job when u do the parking, only reverse sensor can do the great job. and front sensor not available at dealer. if you after front and rear as package, i recon find some aftermarket one, they cost less and more useful coz most of them come with LED display.

EuroBro
25-07-2008, 08:30 PM
I avoided reverse sensors because I don't want those ugly circles on my bumpers. Camera sux when reversing in to bright sunlight or relections off walls.

dyljoy
25-07-2008, 08:34 PM
ya, u got the point, bro

EuroBro
25-07-2008, 08:34 PM
BTW, how great is the steering response on the new Accord? I just love how direct and positive the handling is. I am really impressed with the whole ride as a package. Its definately the best ride I have ever driven and the good news is that I get to drive it every day. I am mega happy replacing my 06 Euro Lux with the v6!!! Soooo much better.

dyljoy
25-07-2008, 09:36 PM
Totally agree with you, EuroBro. I love this car, only negative side is the car's size, a bit big to do the parking, but u will overcome it once u keep parking it, haha

VTECH
17-08-2008, 07:47 PM
My new silver accord has arrived at the dealers and is awaiting detailing and accessories, just went down and had a look, looks great even before it is detailed. There was a new Honda Legend parked next to it in Metallic Platinum Silver ($500 option), the colour looked brilliant under lights. Can not wait to pick up the Accord, we have metallic silver on black plates on order but they are yet to arrive so I may have to take it with yellow NSW plates unless they arrive this week.

dyljoy
17-08-2008, 10:10 PM
woo! great, welcome to our union!

VTECH
18-08-2008, 04:26 AM
Thanks dyljoy, will post a pic when we get it.

VTECH
13-09-2008, 02:00 PM
Here is some photos of a recent run in the new Accord, I have tried combining 3 pics in photshop, hope it works.

http://i438.photobucket.com/albums/qq110/VTECHER/honda123.jpg

if too small the 3 seperate photos are:
http://i438.photobucket.com/albums/qq110/VTECHER/honda1.jpg
[http://i438.photobucket.com/albums/qq110/VTECHER/honda3.jpg

dyljoy
13-09-2008, 02:04 PM
nice work! bro

and love ur number plate! btw, any plan for your new accord?

VTECH
13-09-2008, 02:17 PM
I was interested in the interior light kit:

http://www.collegehillshonda.com/storeart/8thgenaccsedan/interiorillumination.jpg

http://www.collegehillshonda.com/honda_accord_4dr_accessories/08_09_accord_electronics.htm

but my dealer said its not available in Australia and cannot be fitted by a dealer. Not sure if it would void the warrant if I imported it and got it fitted by a auto electrician, any thoughts? Any new pics with your new wheels?

dyljoy
13-09-2008, 03:15 PM
not newer pics atm, but i will take some later. about the interior light, i think it will be fine, but install it carefully by some pro shop.

FitRS
16-10-2008, 11:43 PM
what oem brand is the sat nav?

dyljoy
16-10-2008, 11:46 PM
no idea, mate

blackv6luxury
02-02-2009, 05:05 PM
Hello everyone,

Just ordered a black v6 luxury with ivory interior. No options but with mats and tinting :). I will be picking up the car early next week and am so excited. Is there anything that I need to look out for before I pickup the car?

blackv6luxury
08-02-2009, 05:05 PM
Got a call from the dealer on Friday telling me that the car will be delivered on Thursday. Just 4 more sleeps before I get the car. YAY!

dyljoy
09-02-2009, 02:06 AM
Congratulation, enjoy your new ride.

gembel
09-02-2009, 10:01 AM
Yes, make sure it has no scratches..

blackv6luxury
09-02-2009, 10:07 AM
I am going with a magnifying lens to make sure that the paint work is PERFECT :). What do you guys use for keeping the leather clean? I said no to the protection thingo from the dealership. With the ivory interior do you think black mats are the way to go or ivory?

aaronng
09-02-2009, 10:39 AM
I am going with a magnifying lens to make sure that the paint work is PERFECT :). What do you guys use for keeping the leather clean? I said no to the protection thingo from the dealership. With the ivory interior do you think black mats are the way to go or ivory?

Don't wear jeans in the car. Don't let your passenger wear jeans. Keep treating the leather with a leather conditioner probably every month.

gembel
09-02-2009, 12:29 PM
As I was told by the dealer when I bought my car (Silver), that they have afew customers who bought black accord, and complain about the scratches on the car. The dealer had to rebuff again and again. Thats why he did not sell me the black accord. Bring a TORCH!!!!

Yer dont wear jeans (or pants), my CRV with ivory leather seat bought last year is already in crappy conditions..

blackv6luxury
09-02-2009, 04:09 PM
Cant wear jeans???? WHAT!!!!!! thats absurd cos during non office hours all I wear is jeans. Damn it guess it will have to be a new wardrobe or strip off to boxers before I get into the car. I hope thats not illegal.

dyljoy
09-02-2009, 04:38 PM
haha, it is your choice, mate, keep it clean or crappy

blackv6luxury
16-02-2009, 11:37 AM
Picked up my car on Saturday and have already done 250kms. Thats a lot for a couple of days. Anyway I am very happy with my purchase and will have pics soon.

aware
16-02-2009, 09:11 PM
Picked up my car on Saturday and have already done 250kms. Thats a lot for a couple of days. Anyway I am very happy with my purchase and will have pics soon.

Awesome, Congrats Mate.
Pics would be good if you can tear yourself away from driving it :D
(Although Pics arent too important for me, I'll just go downstairs and look at mine):D

Enjoy your :honda:

blackv6luxury
17-02-2009, 08:14 AM
Awesome, Congrats Mate.
Pics would be good if you can tear yourself away from driving it :D
(Although Pics arent too important for me, I'll just go downstairs and look at mine):D

Enjoy your :honda:

Do you have to baby sit the car in the initial 1000 kms. I have been driving in a fairly relaxed manner and not revving past 3K. Yesterday night I took off for a drive with my missus. And following the beach rd in melbourne when I saw the winding road I decided to boot it and rev'd hard till 5000 rpm [by then i was already doing 80 :p].

Does the fuel consumption improve after the first service. Mine is currently sitting at about 11.3 for 100kms.

aware
17-02-2009, 10:37 AM
Do you have to baby sit the car in the initial 1000 kms. I have been driving in a fairly relaxed manner and not revving past 3K. Yesterday night I took off for a drive with my missus. And following the beach rd in melbourne when I saw the winding road I decided to boot it and rev'd hard till 5000 rpm [by then i was already doing 80 :p].

Does the fuel consumption improve after the first service. Mine is currently sitting at about 11.3 for 100kms.

We were fairly careful for the first 500-750kms. Ours also benefitted from dad when he took it to Canberra (280ish km each way) at about 800kms, and the engine started to free up nicely, and really benefitted from this longish drive. I still love the sound after 6000kms, one of the best sounding engines.
Fuel Consumption should improve, although we haven't had the true first service (we have only had the 1000km check), but at 6000km, fuel consumption hovers at about 9-11.5 for 100kms (around town), and is very dependent on how you drive it. The harder you drive it, the more fuel you use. We have been running 91 and 95 in ours and fuel consumption is better on 95.

You'll love it the more you drive it.

EuroBro
15-03-2009, 08:26 PM

I just had my 20k service and average FC is 11.3 for the entire period. I am currently averaging 12-13 because I have a very itchy right foot! :D

Although I do not speed.. I have a tendency to get to the speed limit as quick as possible.

It's handy having a V6 when negotiating peak hour traffic - much better off the lights than N.A. 4's. :thumbsup:

blackv6luxury
17-03-2009, 02:08 PM
I just had my 20k service and average FC is 11.3 for the entire period. I am currently averaging 12-13 because I have a very itchy right foot! :D

Although I do not speed.. I have a tendency to get to the speed limit as quick as possible.

It's handy having a V6 when negotiating peak hour traffic - much better off the lights than N.A. 4's. :thumbsup:

My last fill up was 14.5/100kms, keeping in mind it was peak hour drive in melbourne all the way. [used about 65lts for ~470/480kms]. It was also using the climate control @ 27 all the time so that would've added to the FC. Hopefully the FC comes down a bit cos the last fillup nearly gave me a heart attack. I dont usually rev past the 3K mark and try to manually change the gears to the highest asap...

aaronng
17-03-2009, 02:17 PM
My last fill up was 14.5/100kms, keeping in mind it was peak hour drive in melbourne all the way. [used about 65lts for ~470/480kms]. It was also using the climate control @ 27 all the time so that would've added to the FC. Hopefully the FC comes down a bit cos the last fillup nearly gave me a heart attack. I dont usually rev past the 3K mark and try to manually change the gears to the highest asap...

The amount of throttle you use is also important. Using light throttle up to 4000 rpm can use less fuel than using heavy throttle up to 3000rpm.

Rudy
17-03-2009, 03:16 PM

Thanx for posting this..i thought it was unusual i was getting 11-12. Glad to here its within the norm on this car. I dont have the trip computer so its hard for me to calculate it that often.

cje
08-09-2009, 06:03 PM
No-one posted for a while!
I've had my V6L now for 6 months, great fuel consumption on a trip, smooth V6 and overall a good car but of course nothing is perfect.
The ANC (automatic noise cancellation) doesn't seem to work that well, my previous '05Accord was a bit quieter. Road noise seems to be the biggest problem, I'm running the original Michelins but course bitumen and rougher roads produce quite a bit of noise into the cabin. I find the suspension crashes over some bumps particularly around Sydney's poorly maintained roads and generally is a little too firm to be really comfortable around town. The hard seats don't help either. The tyres are at the regulation 32 psi. I know it's not a Lexus but I was hoping for better.
What do other owners think?

VTECH
09-09-2009, 10:10 AM
Hi cje and others,

I agree with most of your points, fuel economy on a trip is fabulous, you can certainly break into the 7Lt/100 with some careful driving. Road noise defiantly becomes a factor on some road surfaces which is a little disappointing, maybe a change in tires (when due) will help, Michelin Primacy LC tires are supposed to reduce noise and increase fuel consumption compared to the MXV8 that come standard with the V6. The suspension is a little firm but I like the handling although the Euro has a more sporty feel. My V6 Luxury is 12 months old ( only 5000km) but it has only been used as a weekend car as I still do most of my miles in a Nissan Patrol. I hate parking the Honda in shopping centres so I tend to leave it at home when running around town. Overall I am happy with the car although I do not believe the build quality in Thailand is up to the Japanese standard, but that comes with the times we are in. Only intend to keep the Honda 2 years, not sure what will be next.

cje
09-09-2009, 05:39 PM
Hi VTECH

For financial reasons I'll need to hang on to the Honda for a while. I agree the Thai quality isn't top noch compared to the Japanese built Hondas, but it's still better than our locally built cars. At the time of buying the Accord I was seriously interested in the Ford G6E. In many respects that I value such as comfort, quietness, ride quality etc. the Ford beats the Honda Accord. However quality wise even though Ford have really lifted their game with the FG, the Honda still comes out on top....the doors shut with a quality sounding clunk, and the overall quality of finish shows. It was close though!

VTECH
10-09-2009, 10:25 AM
Hi cje,

We looked at a G6E but there was a waiting list at the time and the car just felt to big overall, thats what I liked about the Accord it is the same size inside but it feels smaller overall. We also looked at the turbo Mondeo, I liked the way it drove but the suspension was woeful, we hit a pot hole in the main street of Newcastle with the dealer in the back seat and I thought I broke a mag wheel it was so loud. I checked the ford forum and they had a lot of small issues including the remote key not working and having to be towed back to the dealer so I am glad I did not buy one. I love the look of the Euro but I found the vision and interior very restrictive and the fact it needed premium fuel and only had a space saver swayed me to the Accord, very happy with it.

astrohawk
11-10-2009, 01:18 PM
Hi Guys,
thanks for the discussions. I've just bought a V6L polished metal with Mudflaps, carpets and spoiler, I’m loving every KM.
I want to install an aftermarket Bluetooth device. I was looking at the Parrot MKi9000. I am getting conflicting information from auto installers.
Specifically there seems to be confusion surrounding how to integrate with the speakers and amplifiers.
1. Can anyone tell me what the configuration is for the outputs and speakers?
2. Has anyone has success with installing such a Bluetooth car kit?
Also is there a spare CD input on the back of the head unit?? In addition to the BT I am also looking at iPod/ iPhone integration.

Thanks in advance

dkskyline
28-10-2009, 10:46 PM
Hey, has anyone has a problem on their car such as when you speed more than 100, the wind is very noisy in the car....Have you guy noticed that

SPQR
02-11-2009, 10:16 PM
^^ Do you have the moonroof open?

dkskyline
03-11-2009, 08:16 AM
^^ Do you have the moonroof open?

Nope, I am going to get Honda to check it

veeparam
11-11-2009, 05:00 PM
Guys,
Thanks for such informative inputs about the car in general. :thumbsup:
I've had my car since Feb this year. Here are some pointers... Would appreciate any feedback / suggestions / comments....

FC:
My travel pattern is more in the city/ suburban roads... start stop traffic.
Done a a bit on the highway / freeway travel. Till date clocked 7k on the odo... and FC is still at 12.8lts / 100kms !!!:(:o Infact the First time I had to fill up it was at an alarming 14.1lts / 100 kms:eek:

FUEL:
I alternate... 2 fill ups I go for the Caltex normal unleaded.
Then 3rd - I go for the BP Ultimate. They showed on "The Car show" that it actually cleans the engine... using a CRV as demo, with cross section of Engines using and not using this Fuel.

INTERIOR:
Overall its good quality fittings. Ivory leather, prone to quicker "dirt".
SAT NAV, does not look updated, since shows the Dandenong ByPass as a blank blue section...:confused: And this road was built / opened well befoe this car was launched.

ISSUES:
Noises: At 80K speeds, Can head rattling noises from the sunroof - in tilt position. At 100k speeds, rattling noises from , what seems the rear windshield.
BOth these, I have asked my dealer to check out... which they did and easily say could not rectify.....

OVERALL:
GR8 car.. no doubts. Much better than the more pricey and boxed in EURO.

Would appreciate your inputs.... suggestions.. feedbacks...
Finally..
Drive Safe... Cheers,:wave:
VP

Accord Basic
13-02-2010, 02:05 AM
anyone have an idea about Nissan Maxima 3.5 V6 ST-L vs Honda Accord V6

Danzvtil
10-06-2010, 08:40 PM

The other thing to consider is market placement, Honda in Aus is primarily seen as a premium brand, Honda in the US is more mainstream, and cross shopped with the Toyota Camry.
Acura covers the premium market stateside.
Also consider the sheer volumes in which Hondas US factory pumps out just for their market, Aus bound cars by comparison are small fry when they have to engineer specific features to cover our ADRs.