PDA

View Full Version : rhino alarm

CER-15E
27-04-2008, 03:37 PM
i bought my car 2nd hand and the owner said that she had lost the clicker thing for the alarm.. what can i do?? what are my options? is there a way to get a new clicker if i dont have any details about the purchase of the alarm??
would it be easier to get a new alarm?

henrygiang
27-04-2008, 04:04 PM
i bought my car 2nd hand and the owner said that she had lost the clicker thing for the alarm.. what can i do?? what are my options? is there a way to get a new clicker if i dont have any details about the purchase of the alarm??
would it be easier to get a new alarm?

i think u might be able to get a replacement remote from jaycar

sb01ax
27-04-2008, 04:46 PM
i think u might be able to get a replacement remote from jaycar

u still would have to get it coded to match up wif ur alarm dont u?
do u at least have 1 remote for the alarm? if u do check the back of it as it should state the model no.

i'd rather get a new alarm to b honest if u have the money that is.
a good alarm will only cost around $300 installed

tommmoe
27-04-2008, 05:07 PM
u need at least one remote to get another remote coded..
otherwise u have to try contacting rhino or a reseller around here..
if not buy a new one :)
raav2 or whatever there called are good alarms

MRGRIM
29-04-2008, 12:47 AM
mmmmm if i read this right you got a rhino alarm
to add a new remote you dont need another and its easy but to be truely honest with you i would no put any faith in a rhino alarm they are very cheap and nasty ( oh and easy to beat )

i used to work as a wholesale/R&D mgr for a car security importer and on the test bench rhino stunk!!
due to you being in syd id sugest either a vision or a viper alarm there both not to bad and aust wide warranty's

CER-15E
29-04-2008, 11:14 AM
mmmmm if i read this right you got a rhino alarm
to add a new remote you dont need another and its easy but to be truely honest with you i would no put any faith in a rhino alarm they are very cheap and nasty ( oh and easy to beat )

i used to work as a wholesale/R&D mgr for a car security importer and on the test bench rhino stunk!!
due to you being in syd id sugest either a vision or a viper alarm there both not to bad and aust wide warranty's

this rhino alarm is only temporary until i have enough savings for a tracker alarm.. how can i get a new remote?? who should i contact?

Limbo
29-04-2008, 02:17 PM
Its about $50 or so for a new remote(not 100% sure on price). If you goto Dsire 4 sound (number is 9600 7702) they will get you one and program it in for you also. That way you know its working.

They can also recommend a new alarm system.
I've got the Mongoose with black wiring its pretty good, certianly looks cool with window lifters also :)