PDA

View Full Version : Civic VTIR

DooshDoosh
27-10-2003, 11:14 PM
Hi fellas, I am seriously considering buying a EG Civic VTIR or SI.

But I dont know much about these cars, other than they look sweet :D
Im hearing different things about the cars.. some say there slow, some say there quick. Would any of you guys be able to compare a EG VTIR civic to another car??

Would a Vtir beat a Pulsar SSS? or even keep up with slight mods (exhaust/filter)

Any info/specs would be great
Any problems with these cars??
Have most been thrashed? are these engines able to take the abuse?
What would be better for a daily driver with some performace, Vtir or Si?
Are you able to pick up these cars for around $7000?

cheers fellas, any help will be appreciated :)

Weq
27-10-2003, 11:28 PM
Its an EG VTI OR Si. No such thing as an aus deleivered EG VTiR.
As ur question states, these cars are both 96kw factory rated, the SSS is 105~kw factory rated. On paper, considering power and weights, its a drivers race, although the SSS has the atvanatge of the 2.0L engines touque. I never raced an SSS before so i cant tell u. Either way, the honda's are a much nicer breed of car :P

Just out of interest, a VTiR will wipe the floor with a SSS, although no SSS driver will admit it. 'moite, ma fully sic ESESES wood beat that hundu crap ne day of the week"

DooshDoosh
28-10-2003, 09:12 AM
Thanks for the correction Weq.. Yeh what I meant was a VTI :oops:

XXpl0Sive
28-10-2003, 09:44 AM
But I dont know much about these cars, other than they look sweet :D
Im hearing different things about the cars.. some say there slow, some say there quick.
You can't say a car is slow or quick because it's a matter of personal opinion. A car can be fast to someone but slow to someone else. There is a difference between a VTi and VTi-R. Sorry I'm not sure if you can get them for 7k but a VTi-R you'll be looking at 15k minimum. And most are pre-riced out unfortunately.

Civic Type R
28-10-2003, 11:43 AM
OK i tested this.

Kwinana Motorplex 1/4 mile dragstrip.
tyres @32PSi

A fully stock EK VTiR hatch 1.6 NA
weighing in at 1123kg
vs
98 Nissan Pulsar SSS Hatch 2.0 NA
weight unknown - but stock.

Civic 16.225 vs SSS 16.252

out of 3 drags, the civic won each test. The above times were the fastest from the 3 tests. On each test, the civic got the jump and pulled nicely in VTEC, however, the SSS pulled back in the second half of the strip. An Eg VTi recorded times of 15.5. i believe [civraca]
The best recorded time of the EK civic VTiR is 15.7

genesis
28-10-2003, 02:41 PM
Man those are slow times for the EK VTiR :shock:

Civic Type R
28-10-2003, 03:01 PM
The VTiR was not prepped for drag neither was the SSS.
Yes i agree that the times are slow but is was to simulate and "off the street stock VTiR"

wynode
28-10-2003, 03:46 PM
I'm sure this was discussed awhile back. Personally I think the SSS will be quicker than the vti and Si. Actually it made around 7-10kW (at the wheels) more than my Si (both cars stock) on a dyno day I went to awhile back.

Vti-R will kill a SSS.........and some of them on PGA have admitted it ;)

VTEChnique
28-10-2003, 04:38 PM
Firstly:

EG VTi = SOHC VTEC D16Y1
EK VTiR = DOHC VTEC B16A2

Secondly:
I've never lost to a SSS on street or strip.. though I am running 15.61" with semi-stripped interior VTi. SSS seems slow - I dont know what all the fuss is about.. they might have you off the line thanks to their torque, but once you hit VTEC, bye bye SSS !!!

wynode
28-10-2003, 04:43 PM
SR20 Vs VTEC

http://forum.pulsar.org.au/showthread.php?s=3bdcae946c7828488f412f5d6654cfa5& threadid=566

Civic Type R
28-10-2003, 05:38 PM
Damn .. ive never seen a Nissan forum actually in unison to say that the Civic VTiR is quicker than the Pulsar SSS.

impressive. :)

one more chance
28-10-2003, 06:22 PM
the vtir will always be quicker as it has better power to weight ratio...
unless the race is conduct on a upsloping hill...the civic will always win!
n14 SSS arent that quick....even more mum's Lantra could stay neck and neck with one!

luzinit
28-10-2003, 10:39 PM
serious, thats awesome to hear!! i have an EK and my cousin reckons his frends SSS will whip my ass n stuff.. but i dont know and dont really wanna drag him on the street. however back on topic, i've raced my frends EG Civic Vti, and i ripped his ass before it even started LOL!!

but he was auto,,, so i guess its not really fair at all.. but in terms of looks and stuff, i'd prefer the honda over the SSS, SSS starting to look a bit outdated, esp if the paint job aint up to scratch, and the interior is a bit bland compared to the civic :)

mr-n14
01-11-2003, 02:57 PM
well, i can tell u

i own a jap spec sss, and i know that a civic vtir will beat me...

but i used to own a Q 2litre...which is basically the same shit just its alot lighter than a sss and will beat a sss any day of the week...

just ask vti-r (member) his civic coupe vtec had problems beating it...
although it was like sumtimes i win , sumtimes him...

but yes, a vtir civic will beat a sss, but only after about 80-100km/h .....

DooshDoosh
01-11-2003, 08:06 PM
If I Vtir has troubles beating a SSS then I doubt a VTI wouldnt stand a chance hey :(

I cant really afford a Vtir, as I only have around 9 grand max to play with.
I took a EG VTI for a test drive today and wasnt really impressed with the performance... although there was 3 people in the car

How much would I have to spend to get a EG VTIR??

wynode
01-11-2003, 09:34 PM
No such thing as an AUDM EG Vti-R civic.

We only got Vti-R in the EK model

Weq
01-11-2003, 10:22 PM
If I Vtir has troubles beating a SSS then I doubt a VTI wouldnt stand a chance hey :(

I cant really afford a Vtir, as I only have around 9 grand max to play with.
I took a EG VTI for a test drive today and wasnt really impressed with the performance... although there was 3 people in the car

How much would I have to spend to get a EG VTIR??

Like any 1.6L, it needs power to weight. Its all about the touque. My civic is a whole nuthing bag of potatoes when u add 2+ other ppl, slow as shit till u hit vtec..

mr-n14
02-11-2003, 10:18 AM
a sss will beat a vti....

but hey, cops are everywhere, racing isn't like it was b4...

u can get a civic vtir to beat a skyline, it all comes down to driver...

Setanta
03-11-2003, 03:47 PM
just ask vti-r (member) his civic coupe vtec had problems beating it...
although it was like sumtimes i win , sumtimes him...

VTiR coupes are heavier than VTiR hatches remember :)

SiR hatches are lightr than VTiR hatches which is why I'll take mine over an EK

Civic Type R
03-11-2003, 05:02 PM
VTiR coupes are heavier than VTiR hatches remember :)

only by a mere 10 kg !