PDA

View Full Version : Rego Expired..

TypeRice
28-04-2008, 03:46 AM
Rego expired today.

I was going to go RTA today to pay for the new rego, (as i already paid the greenslip the other day).

THEN i remembered i have to get the vehicle inspected !!!!

Now my problem is, how do i drive it to the mechanics to get it inspected if the car has no rego? (ie i cant drive it legally).. ??

ek4-guy
28-04-2008, 07:21 AM
You can drive a car unregisterd if your on your way to have it inspected but only straight to the inspection site and straight home.

Dane
28-04-2008, 08:58 AM
I know in Melb you have to get an "un-registered vehicle permit" to drive it to get it inspected. Don't know if it's the same in bris?? Check on their website, maybe will ahve more info (or call them)

ek4-guy
28-04-2008, 09:08 AM
I assume TypeRice is in NSW because he said RTA,

In Queensland it's Department of Transport.

But i lived in Sydney for most my life so i know NSW rules better than Brisbanes.

Q_ball
28-04-2008, 09:10 AM
You can drive a car unregisterd if your on your way to have it inspected but only straight to the inspection site and straight home.

Yepz :)

TypeRice
28-04-2008, 12:42 PM
oh ok. woo hoo !!!
thanks guys =D

misteR_bilzz
28-04-2008, 02:07 PM
if your in NSW u can get a permit. if your driving it to get a pinkslip without a permit you need to drive to the closest one.

TypeRice
28-04-2008, 04:09 PM
yeah my mechanic is 2 min drive away..
should be fine. Thanks for da info =)

Glitta
28-04-2008, 05:38 PM
yeah my mechanic is 2 min drive away..
should be fine. Thanks for da info =)

You can drive the vehicle if your in the process of getting rego, or repairs for rego...

That's funny though as usually they won't give a green slip until you have done pink slip... I renewed my rego today and I had to show my pink slip to her before she would give me the green slip..

string
29-04-2008, 01:57 PM
That's funny though as usually they won't give a green slip until you have done pink slip... I renewed my rego today and I had to show my pink slip to her before she would give me the green slip..
I believe you, but doubt that it's a very common occurance. An insurance company will try to grab all the cash they can. No pink slip, no worries!

This happened to me last year, I just drove it to and from the workshop, then to the RTA. Drive carefully. I don't know the property or ctp insurance ramifications if something was to happen, so just make sure it doesn't.

sassy_fit_vtit
02-05-2008, 08:05 AM
call up your CTP provider to clarify what it will allow you to do.

TypeRice
03-05-2008, 06:29 PM
i got the rego.
its cool.. u dont need pink slip n e more..
when u take it to mechanic.. they use the computer and register u into the rta system once they checked your car.

And when at RTA, no need to show them any receipts or paperwork
Just pay the rego fee.. coz its all in the system straight away !!!