PDA

View Full Version : J's racing Intake for DC2R?

rcdc.2
28-04-2008, 06:08 PM
Hey guys, just wondering if anyone has any experience with the J's racing Intake on your DC2R as i am in search for a new intake at the moment.
But this is the three option of intake i came down with so far.
1.Injen CAI
2.Mugen
3.J's racing
The price ($385) seems reasonable consider its J's racing and want to see people's comment or reviews about them.

thanks

ray

jords
28-04-2008, 06:31 PM
If you have the dollars then go the mugen it is the best, I have an injen and Im very happy with it. Dont know too much about the J's racing intake. I believe Benson has a injen intake for sale in the "for sale" section.

Jarkz
28-04-2008, 06:38 PM
http://www.australianauto.com.au/HTML/Images/ECB-4850%20Honda%20Civic%2092-00%20(EG%20&%20EK).jpg

www.australianauto.com.au/

Carbon fibre section on page 2... Around $350.00 apparently.

It say's it for EG/EK but you should be right.

There in Nunawading.

rcdc.2
28-04-2008, 06:46 PM
If you have the dollars then go the mugen it is the best, I have an injen and Im very happy with it. Dont know too much about the J's racing intake. I believe Benson has a injen intake for sale in the "for sale" section.

Is benson his user name on ozhonda? can't seem to find it on parts for sale.

xntrik
29-04-2008, 09:29 AM
It has a huge sucking sound.
a different whistle from smaller pods.

and feels just a slight difference from apexi.

jords
29-04-2008, 09:53 AM
Is benson his user name on ozhonda? can't seem to find it on parts for sale.

http://www.clubitr.com.au/forums/showthread.php?t=4201

sorry on clubitr forum.

ricki_kalsi
29-04-2008, 01:33 PM
Jords, i'm with you... Mugen is the way to go. Proven to give most power throughout the range. They are cheap nowadays too, around $800 brand new.

rcdc.2
29-04-2008, 02:21 PM
Jords, i'm with you... Mugen is the way to go. Proven to give most power throughout the range. They are cheap nowadays too, around $800 brand new.

$800 is pricey, but i guess if i can find a 2nd hand one it'll still worth the money, consider it has been proven to give most power.

ricki_kalsi
29-04-2008, 04:24 PM
Are you looking to get like the maximum power you can, with maximum Bling??

Cos if you are not.. just do what I tell everyone. I had this before. Trust or Spoon foam filter in stock air box - remove resignator - and duct 4 inch air con piping to the front bar from the air box. it works a treat, and only ends up costing $160ish or so?

jords
29-04-2008, 04:44 PM
Are you looking to get like the maximum power you can, with maximum Bling??

Cos if you are not.. just do what I tell everyone. I had this before. Trust or Spoon foam filter in stock air box - remove resignator - and duct 4 inch air con piping to the front bar from the air box. it works a treat, and only ends up costing $160ish or so?

not as good as a tuned cai, i used to have the trust filter set up myself.

ricki_kalsi
29-04-2008, 05:11 PM
yeah I run a Mugen now... and Mugen is the best. But I was just saying for the price you pay, the Trust setup is not bad - admit it.

jords
30-04-2008, 02:25 PM
yeah true.

rcdc.2
30-04-2008, 02:57 PM
ok..this is kind of a noob question that i wanna ask, say i get a mugen or Injen, are they all cold air intake that runs down to the side of my front bumper? You can't get them in short ram can you?

joewalsh86
30-04-2008, 03:16 PM
The injen intake is a metal pipe which runs down all the way from the intake manifold to just behind the front bumper.

The mugen on the other hand is a mixture between a cold air and a short ram intake. The mugen intake is basically a short ram intake, with the filter enclosed by a large box which has a pipe leading to a position just behind the front bumper.

The mugen is the best of both worlds - a short ram intake with a cold air feed. It also has a velocity stack which places it above the design of other systems like the comptech icebox.

This should help :p

Cammy
30-04-2008, 04:52 PM
mugen does involve front bar removal and some shifting around, but not a hard install, just a little timely.

i had the j's whale penis, and changed to mugen only because the heat for my car anyways really did make a big difference and the responsiveness was hit really hard

quenjose
01-05-2008, 12:02 AM
I cant really tell you which is better, since i've never tried the others.
I've got the J's racing intake, and the main things i've noticed are, throttle is much more responsive from 3k rpm upwards... and the vtec crossover is helluva loud and very aggressive. Revs up alot quicker too, under load.
These are the reasons for which i bought it in the first place.

On warm/hot days though, the heat soak on the intake is very obvious.

If u want more power, then maybe a CAI is the way to go...

In saying that, the stock airbox with the cold air piping is a good BFYB mod, just wouldn't sound as maniacal as aftermarket intakes thats all...

itr_112
01-05-2008, 06:22 PM
I have used both, the long ram is better!