PDA

View Full Version : Voltage stabilizer

jazzman
28-04-2008, 11:18 PM
Could someone tell me what does the Voltage stabilizer do?
I have a HONDA JAZZ 1.3 and i found this one on ebay.

blk_shadow
28-04-2008, 11:26 PM
it will help throttle response, brighter headlight, and obviously stabilizes your voltage all around LOL.

those are the most obvious one. oh, and add some extra bling for the engine bay too. ;)

ATSE
28-04-2008, 11:41 PM
Good for paper weight.

On a serious note.. the only thing i noticed was a slight improvement in audio (less noise)... but thats it.

aaronng
28-04-2008, 11:43 PM
Please search first.
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=70934&highlight=pivot+raizin
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=76901&highlight=pivot+raizin
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=73761&highlight=pivot+raizin
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61625&highlight=pivot+raizin
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15645&highlight=pivot+raizin

hui
29-04-2008, 01:44 AM
it will help throttle response, brighter headlight, and obviously stabilizes your voltage all around LOL.

those are the most obvious one. oh, and add some extra bling for the engine bay too. ;)

not so sure bout better throttle response, definately notice brighter headlights, better sound quality, and no more getting static zapz when closing the door.

i had the spitfire one on my previous ride, bcoz it worked, i got a pivot one for my R...

hondajazz2005
29-04-2008, 01:21 PM
im using a cheap one from ebay.. is called inazuma or something like that.
i can notice brighter headlights.

Alexx
29-04-2008, 06:00 PM
I have one - There is no noticeable difference

As above, save your money ;)

beeza
29-04-2008, 06:13 PM
It's different for all cars.Made a noticeable difference on mine.Could have made no difference too I guess....My review is up there in aaron's post.

It's like the MSD ignition system,you forget what difference it makes until you take it off,then it's like,put it back on! :)

TheSaint
29-04-2008, 06:54 PM
i didnt notice mutch difference with the pivot razin on my DC2, really nice bling though =)

grumpy rooster
30-04-2008, 09:06 AM
It depends on the application. The Hi-Comp drag car has one but it also doesn't have an alternator. So it is required to keep the voltage from the battery constant to the ECU and pumps etc. The car wouldn't run (well it might, but badly) if it didn't have the voltage stabiliser or an alternator.

grumpy rooster
01-05-2008, 12:39 PM
Ok. But I can tell you that the voltage is constant. Thats a fact. :)

02gzm
01-05-2008, 05:37 PM
You will notice the difference if you have really bad wiring throughout your car. Otherwise, yea you'll probably only notice the brighter, more stable headlights.

vippy84
02-05-2008, 02:10 AM
volt stabiliser avoids any electrical damages in the case of current or voltage instability. It is the same as any electrical devices that you have at home. Some people use volt stabiliser to avoid their electrical devices such as computers, plasma TV from being damaged internally from the short circuit or from voltage instability.
Volt instability is definitely one of many sources that damages electrical devices.

Also, changing your battery to dry battery will also help reduce the likely chance of voltage instability

hope that helps :)

philmak
02-05-2008, 02:16 AM
Save you money.. :D

beeza
02-05-2008, 10:31 AM
You will notice the difference if you have really bad wiring throughout your car. Otherwise, yea you'll probably only notice the brighter, more stable headlights.

Even just 1 wire.

ej20i
02-05-2008, 10:51 AM
Well it made a diff in my car.drive a fd1 and anotha fren drive fd1 2.without him knowing abt the volt stab,he's response....how come ur car has a better low down kik?and also my car get an extra 50kms out the fuel both of us uses 98

02gzm
02-05-2008, 11:51 AM
^^^ A volt stabiliser would hardly do anything to a new car as all the wiring is new. Your FD1 is prob just in better condition.

lenz
02-05-2008, 12:07 PM
just bling for me little blue unit with blue lights sittin in your engine bay

beeza
02-05-2008, 12:23 PM
^^^ A volt stabiliser would hardly do anything to a new car as all the wiring is new. Your FD1 is prob just in better condition.

Exactly! Old wires ftl!

beeza
02-05-2008, 03:53 PM
I totally understand that.So theoretically it shouldn't do anything but mine did...like I said it's hard to notice now cause after the first couple if not first drive your use to your new car feeling.That's why I wrote the review of mine strait away when it was fresh in my mind and I didn't question what difference it made.Now I wouldn't know but if I disconnected it and drove it I know there will be a difference.

I changed all my 12 year old grounding wires but I know there must be a dodgy one somewhere because I've had electrical problems but I doubt I will ever find it.So this unit helped my problem.

I was in 2 minds for ages if I should buy it or not.I'm glad I give things a go cause it was a great benefit to my car.

55EXX
04-05-2008, 08:11 AM
i upgraded my engine earth straight to my battery and noticed a difference. for 1m of 4ga and some connectors i would recommend anyone with a older car do it. i believe i did make my car feel different. not more power but just more agile

sitta
13-05-2008, 09:44 PM
I have an amp and a sub, and i feel like my fn2R is lacking respose when i press the accelerator pedal. Can this be because my soundsystem is consuming alot of electricity? will the stabilizer help this or it will have no effect because its a new car

aaronng
13-05-2008, 10:22 PM
I have an amp and a sub, and i feel like my fn2R is lacking respose when i press the accelerator pedal. Can this be because my soundsystem is consuming alot of electricity? will the stabilizer help this or it will have no effect because its a new car
Turn off your soundsystem and see if it improves. If it does, you need either a higher rated alternator, or a better battery. Voltage stabilisers won't do much...

Honda_CRX
10-07-2016, 12:09 PM
Good for paper weight.

On a serious note.. the only thing i noticed was a slight improvement in audio (less noise)... but thats it.

yeah bruh same shit with meself, nothing else