PDA

View Full Version : Brisbane - Where do you get your car serviced?

game_accord
29-04-2008, 12:28 PM
Hi,

I would like to know where members get there euro serviced from in the Brisbane area?

Darkii_
29-04-2008, 02:18 PM
Heya,

I service my euro at Austral Honda, first 1000km service was good as they fixed up a stone chip i had in my door for me free of charge =)

And i got a loan crv from the sales department for the day as i bought my car from them and they ran out of jazz's at the service dep. Going there for my 10,000km next month, will update you on how that goes.

dyljoy
30-04-2008, 06:58 AM
Austral honda is a great place to do the service. and they provide "done service in 45mins", u should be make a booking advance for sure.

Darkii_
30-04-2008, 09:02 AM
Just going to hijack your thread a bit, i have a few problems i want them to check up. Squealing brakes/ crunching noise when i wind my driver door windows down/ wind noise coming through driver door at 100k's/ creaking windscreen / vibrating clutch.

Would they be able to do this in a 45min service thing, i don't mind if it takes longer, just wondering if i should book a normal service or ask for that express service. Want them to do a proper job and not have to rush to do it within 45mins if its not possible.

dyljoy
30-04-2008, 05:21 PM
I think u can ask them for these when you make a booking. If they can fix them over 45mins, still worth it.

tony1234
30-04-2008, 06:38 PM
Just going to hijack your thread a bit, i have a few problems i want them to check up. Squealing brakes/ crunching noise when i wind my driver door windows down/ wind noise coming through driver door at 100k's/ creaking windscreen / vibrating clutch.

Would they be able to do this in a 45min service thing, i don't mind if it takes longer, just wondering if i should book a normal service or ask for that express service. Want them to do a proper job and not have to rush to do it within 45mins if its not possible.
All that in 45 mins.?I doubt it.BTW what year is your car?

TOH07
01-05-2008, 04:26 PM
I get my car serviced at Westpoint honda. Service department is next to the Regatta Pub off Coronation drive (whereas sales is in indooropilly)...

I thought they had really good service, resonable price and its close to my home.

Darkii_
01-05-2008, 07:26 PM
All that in 45 mins.?I doubt it.BTW what year is your car?

I got my euro in November 2007, its the accord euro tourer they offered. Yeah when i call for a booking i'll just ask them if its possible, else ill just wait the usual time.

hisoka
01-05-2008, 08:00 PM
I get my car serviced at Westpoint honda. Service department is next to the Regatta Pub off Coronation drive (whereas sales is in indooropilly)...

I thought they had really good service, resonable price and its close to my home.

agree with this guy . i also get my euro serviced here, and price is pretty reasonable. and they fix shit that i didnt even notice was broken

PNR888
01-05-2008, 10:56 PM

"45 minutes service" can only be done for minor service only, 2 so-called honda hand picked mechanics work on your car simutaneosly to achieve quick turn over time. If you have other problems need to be looked at, I doubt it can be all done in 45 minutes.. unless they just lub everything that's making creaking noise.
:p

Back to the topic. I service my Euro at Highway Honda as they provide free loan car, but you have to book about 2-3 weeks in advance if you want a loan car.
Austral's service department is new, bright and big. Loan car is $40. (1000km service gives you free loan car if car purchased there.) I guess if you plan to have a day in the city, get them to drop you to the city, save you a day of parking fee.

kraiye
01-05-2008, 11:14 PM
I've always got my parts from southside Honda as always been the cheapest.
No idea about servicing but parts definitely the cheapest.

cutchorama
03-05-2008, 05:25 PM
I used to use northside Honda but I was unhappy with the customer service there. I now go to southside Honda at East Brisbane and they are great; can't complain.

riruiz_88
03-05-2008, 05:57 PM
i go to southside honda as well, and customer service is great in the Spare Parts area. cant say much about mechanical work as i have never taken it to Honda for a service. but i had no idea that they are one of the cheapest, they have also one many awards. so good thing :thumbsup:

10KRPM
05-05-2008, 08:42 AM
i take mine to austral honda at newstead. A bit exxy so i might try southside next and see if there is a diff.

Good service though but the driver they use to take you into the city is a bit of a tool

game_accord
07-05-2008, 01:28 AM
I usually take mine to Austral but now my 60,000km service has come up, it's pretty exy.

Austral Honda $460
Springwood honda - $240
Repco authorise service centre $240

I think I might change to another service centre and I can save myself $200. Big price difference.

Darkii_
07-05-2008, 08:39 AM
Oh dam thats a big price difference. I'll make sure i look around for my 10,000km service.

Have you serviced your car at highway honda before? Is there really much difference in the quality of the service you get?

Dru42
07-05-2008, 11:32 AM
i took mine to Hondacare over at summners park, as its down the road from work, and they did a good job. im quite happy with it. my mates take their hondas there too for a while now, his happy with it as well

thenozman
08-05-2008, 04:48 PM
I've had the last two services done at Highway. They are a fair bit cheeper than Southside and the service is alot more friendly.

Min988
08-05-2008, 05:12 PM
I get mine serviced at Highway Honda, there quite nice and pretty straight up.

kraiye
08-05-2008, 10:16 PM
where are they?

Min988
09-05-2008, 06:05 AM
Pacific Highway, near the new Ikea

Darkii_
09-05-2008, 08:02 AM
Yeah i went there a few months ago when Hyundai was offering a free ecowash thing. Went and go my car washed and walked to Honda to have a bit of fun lol.

The sales guy there was pretty nice and let me test out the CTR and stuff even though i said i wasn't going to buy anything. He told me about the new models comming out and i guess he was right about the non-type r civic hatch.

I might consider these guys now, will ring around to see prices etc. More feedback the better guys! let us know where you service your car

dyljoy
09-05-2008, 09:56 AM
I am never try the service from Highway Honda beofre, coz I got a bad exprience of buying 8th civic 2 years ago from there. Now, i would like to have a try next time, coz it close to Ikea, i can enjoy the $2 breakfast and shop around at Ikea when taking the service. haha

kraiye
09-05-2008, 01:37 PM
$2 breakfast??!!!!
please explain!

dyljoy
09-05-2008, 01:57 PM
ya, they provide daily from 9:30am - 11:00am, the meal include bacon, tomato, egg and sausage. Great value, have a try one day, mate! haha

Euro08Jaz
17-05-2008, 03:10 AM
how much are people paying for the 10k service?

tony1234
17-05-2008, 06:44 AM
how much are people paying for the 10k service?
Approx.$180 by memory.

hooyn
17-05-2008, 09:39 AM
J&H mechanical on beaudesert rd.
top stuff get all of our family cars serviced there.
he knows his stuff and is always busy :D lol seems everytime i go there, theres always loads of cars parked around the workshop HEAPS!!!
believe hes done some honda swaps for members on here as well.

revivor
14-02-2009, 07:09 PM
Sorry for an old thread.
Has anyone done a 80k service at southside honda? How much and how long did they take?

thebigd
14-02-2009, 07:42 PM
I have stuck with Blue Ribbon Honda at Yamanto, despite living at Middle Park. I purchased the car there, and they continue to keep my service business. By booking ahead, they will come and pick up the Euro, and leave a courtesy Jazz. Service and communication levels have always been first class.

hisoka
14-02-2009, 07:46 PM
ya, they provide daily from 9:30am - 11:00am, the meal include bacon, tomato, egg and sausage. Great value, have a try one day, mate! haha

weres this at lol~no way southside honda ?

Alpine
14-02-2009, 07:47 PM
I have stuck with Blue Ribbon Honda at Yamanto, despite living at Middle Park. I purchased the car there, and they continue to keep my service business. By booking ahead, they will come and pick up the Euro, and leave a courtesy Jazz. Service and communication levels have always been first class.

+1 for Blue Ribbon Honda. Friends with the service manager Neil. :thumbsup:

thebigd
14-02-2009, 07:56 PM
+1 for Blue Ribbon Honda. Friends with the service manager Neil. :thumbsup:

Agree, Neil and I both ride Honda motorcycles as well !

Alpine
14-02-2009, 08:08 PM
Ah cool, well there you go