PDA

View Full Version : Difference between FD1 andFD2

billkung
29-04-2008, 12:37 PM
Hi, I am going to buy a replica window visor for my FD1. The items states suitable for FD2, I wonder if there is a difference between FD1 and FD2 in terms of fitting the visor.:confused:

markCivicVti
29-04-2008, 01:58 PM
For window visor, if it will fit a FD2 then it'll fit your FD1. they are basically the same chasis... differenty interior trim and engine bay (as they have different engines)

billkung
29-04-2008, 01:59 PM
oic thx

JaCe
01-05-2008, 12:52 AM
Aerodynamic parts such as bodykits, grilles, visors, etc.. will be compatible since FD1 and FD2 are pretty much identical in this regard.

However engine parts such as intakes, or even chasis strengthening parts which impede upon engine bay area for example MAY be different (not confirmed if everything will fit perfectly).

Warning: In general, Civic Type R (FD2R) aero parts will not fit on normal FD1/FD2 without some modification.

billkung
01-05-2008, 12:53 AM
thx very much

JaCe
01-05-2008, 12:07 PM
Also forgot to mention since the FD1 and FD2 have totally different engines (R18A for the VTi/VTi-L FD1 and K20Z for the FD2), beware of any parts which may be compatible.

Some forums have reported parts designed for other cars with the same engine may be compatible but best check specifically for Civics.

You may also find some American parts compatible (the Civic 1.8 over there for example shares the same engine and engine bay as our FD1 and thus the K&N intake fits), and similarly for the Acura CSX (double check?) which is pretty much a souped up luxury version of the FD2 in Canada.