PDA

View Full Version : My civic's engine blew up Part 2

Pages : [1] 2

Bob san
29-04-2008, 08:37 PM
hi guys
you might remember my thread here a couple of months ago about my engine blowing up. well 3 months has passed and alot has happened since then.
my car is still off the road and i have been back and forth with honda for the past 3 months. My cars has a fujita CAI and a xforce catback.

To those who don't know my story, here is a quick recap: (its a long thread but worth a read)

The incident in which the engine blew happened on the 21st of January 2008 at about 2.30pm. A friend of mine had come over to my house and we had wanted to drive to the local cinema at the glen to watch a movie. I had gotten into the car and started it up normally and my friend was sitting right beside me in the passenger seat. The car was parked outside my house. I started driving the car normally. I then turned onto the main road. Driving normally at 3000rpm and doing 60km on an 80km road suddenly i heard a huge knocking noise. This had happened literally 2mins away from my house.

The vehicle has been service at * on the 1000km service (20/5/06), 10,000km service at (27/2/07). However the 20.000km service was not serviced at a Honda but by an independent mechanic on 13/9/07. The mechanic was * and he is a trusted mechanic and a long time family friend of ours. He services all he’s vehicles with genuine Honda oil.

I have taken the car back to the Honda dealership and they have had their mechanics from Honda HQ to access the vehicle. Honda claims the engine damage was caused by driver fault or excessive revving etc. I have requested a report on the engine and both the dealership and Honda HQ have refused to hand it over. Honda has failed to give me a proper explanation and have said they will not cover this under warranty.

now the irony of this is this happend a week before i was getting my full licease. and vic roads sended me a letter saying i qualified for the 'arrive alive' program givin me a 25% discount of my full licease as i have no traffic offenses and my dermit points are intact.

now i am not angry about they won't cover my engine, but angry at how they have showed me a lack of service and professionalism. if u want to know why read on.

i have also attached the engine damaged pics below.

http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/8396/64614909vk8.th.jpg (http://img237.imageshack.us/my.php?image=64614909vk8.jpg)
http://img187.imageshack.us/img187/5868/36491268oz4.th.jpg (http://img187.imageshack.us/my.php?image=36491268oz4.jpg)
http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/1538/16432458gn6.th.jpg (http://img136.imageshack.us/my.php?image=16432458gn6.jpg)
http://imageshack.us/thumbnmail.png (http://img136.imageshack.us/my.php?image=cimg1734yq9.jpg)

*bennjamin edit pm for details

Felix
29-04-2008, 08:47 PM
now i am not angry about they won't cover my engine,

Why bloody not?? I would be.

Mate have you spoken to a solicitor? I suggest you do quickly, most will give you a quick chat free of charge, and then charge once they begin formal work.

milkman
29-04-2008, 08:48 PM
No. Consumer Affairs.

90LAN
29-04-2008, 08:55 PM
a current affair / today tonight

Bob san
29-04-2008, 09:01 PM
now i have contacted both a solicitor and consumer affairs. let me tell you how helpful consumer affairs is.

the person who took the case rang me up and said 'why didn't u just put a second hand engine in?'. he tell further when on claiming i have revved the car till it blew up and my case was not going to be in my favour. the person was an older fellow and his tone was very cocky.

back in febuary honda constanly harassed me to tow my car back. they had even threathen to charge me $25 a day just for my car being there. this was resolved after my solicitor gave them a ring.

now earlier this month i recieved a letter from honda claiming they will tow my car into storage as my car has been there since late january. i had gotten my solicitor to wrtie them a letter saying this case is now under consumer affairs and they have no right to remove my car without my permission and the car will not be moved until this matter was resolved.

a week later i rang them to confirm with honda and guess what? they towed my car knowing my solicitor had sended them a letter. and the best part is they didn't even tell me the address on where the car was even going.

i have towed the car back since after my lawyer asked them for the address and now there are more scratches on my car then u can get on a scratches ticket. also i had to pay them $420 for their diagnoises of the engine, which they only removed the sump...

spetz
29-04-2008, 09:13 PM
I really hope this goes well for you. Make sure you keep us posted on results. It's seems ridiculous that they can just void warranty by saying it's your fault

Jess
29-04-2008, 09:17 PM
ARRRRRGHHHH!! I AM SO ANGRY FOR YOU!!!!!

I bought my (used) car from EASTERN HONDA in December last year and experienced the same level of 'service' when my tranny crunched into third gear.

:thumbdwn: :thumbdwn: :thumbdwn: :thumbdwn:

CONSUMER AFFAIR THEIR ASSES.

It took them two months to say they would fix my car AFTER trying to say it was my fault and that they weren't liable for repairs!

"Synchros are a consumable item. Not covered."

STATUTORY ****ING WARRANTY. I was professionally advised that even CLUTCHES are obliged to be replaced under this legislation.

Used car?

You'd be covered if your car is:
a) less than ten years old
b) driven less than 160,000 km
c) driven less than 5,000km since you bought it from them
d) purchased from them no more than 3 months ago

If you are, you might want to have a look at sections 54 and 55 of the Motor Car Traders Act 1986.

Call and speak to the Victorian Automobile Chamber of Commerce (http://vacc.com.au/consumerinfo/consumertips/consumeradviceline/tabid/1543/default.aspx) - (03) 9829 1111.
They should be able to help you out as Eastern Honda are a member of the VACC. I spoke with John Caine and was is quite helpful.

Both John and the lady at Consumer Affairs Victoria (http://www.consumer.vic.gov.au/CA256EB5000644CE/page/Listing-Utility+Buttons-Contact+Us?OpenDocument&1=10-Listing%7E&2=-Utility+Buttons%7E&3=30-Contact+Us%7E) - 1800 55 81 81 advised me to write a letter of notification/request for assessment/repair with a time frame in which for them to respond before you took it further.

But it seems they have already told you to bugger off.

Try your best to get all that information. You may need to take your car to a reputable mechanic to get checked out yourself.

Keep a log of any conversations you've had with anyone and any progress you've made - it will be extremely useful if you ever get to lodging a complaint with CAV.

The used car manager there isn't the greatest person to talk to.. but neither was the general manager.

If they keep stuffing you around, which it seems they have, escalate it as far as you can. Try and get a hold of the principal (Tony Jowett), but I suspect you may end up speaking with the general manager (Adrian Parsons).

I hope this information has been of some assistance. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me. GOOD LUCK.

I can't believe they won excellence awards! Their after sales care is HORRENDOUS.

Bob san
29-04-2008, 09:25 PM
thanks for the advice jess, but i have spoken to honda HQ directly and it has gone nowhere.

I spoke to the customer relations department manager at honda HQ and his tone and response was incredibaly rude and unhelpful. not only did they not tell me the extact reason for not covering my damages but he had accused me of lying and making stuff up. it was like talking to a ignorant child who was covering his hears and going waa waa waa.

mate i must have been to over a dozen different workshops and none of them wanna help me out. i don't blame them as who would wanna make an enemy outa honda?

now 3 months have passed and i am almost outta pocket. i am left with nothing but bad memories of honda.

LD_Mart
29-04-2008, 09:44 PM
i feel sorry for you but the warranty clearly states

*Any vehicle used for competition, racing or record attempts or equipped with performance enhancing components

i feel annoyed for you and i would be pissed off if i was you aswell but when you install a CAI and Exhaust system spose you are taking that risk

Shimian
29-04-2008, 09:51 PM
how much is a brand new engine? At this rate, you might as well just buy a new one if its a few grand rather than go through this crap.

Bob san
29-04-2008, 10:10 PM
how much is a brand new engine? At this rate, you might as well just buy a new one if its a few grand rather than go through this crap.

on the spot there mate. now honda has quoted me 11g to fix the engine. yes $11,000 to fix a R18a engine :eek: hmm thats more then half the car's value

just a word of warning for new FD owners. if u even as to change the battery or what ever and u run into car trouble honda is gona use any excuse they can find not to pay for you.

and as for the so called 'warranty' well lets not go there... of course u can go argue with them in court but for me its already be 3 months and im just so sick of all their excuses now

musers
29-04-2008, 10:13 PM
sigh sorry to hear all this, hope it's all better for you

Shimian
29-04-2008, 10:19 PM
so no report even when your solicitor asked for it which i would assume he/she has? Thats quite poor. If they fail to provide report til today, its almost saying Honda FTL

warwick108
29-04-2008, 10:30 PM
just take them to court.. and settle everything once and for all?

cracker
29-04-2008, 10:34 PM
fight the power!

wilzee
29-04-2008, 10:38 PM
just take them to court.. and settle everything once and for all?

Mate... Court fees are not that cheap.

Bob san
29-04-2008, 10:42 PM
un huh and spend more on court fees rather then getting my car back on the road with no gurantees of winning....

this was when i first picked up my car at their storage facility

http://img187.imageshack.us/img187/8339/90536710up8.th.jpg (http://img187.imageshack.us/my.php?image=90536710up8.jpg)

honda's secure parking facilty = on broken conrete ground in the open sun

i also took alot more photos how much many scratches there are on my car after honda towed my car without my permission...

there are chips on the rear left passenger door and white marks on my window seals.. probably been out in the sun too long. not to mention the countless little scratches all over the body itself.

http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/7707/81786567rh6.th.jpg (http://img175.imageshack.us/my.php?image=81786567rh6.jpg)
http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/4564/52817734hq1.th.jpg (http://img136.imageshack.us/my.php?image=52817734hq1.jpg)
http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/2793/90544844et7.th.jpg (http://img175.imageshack.us/my.php?image=90544844et7.jpg)
http://img187.imageshack.us/img187/9272/65510510uk9.th.jpg (http://img187.imageshack.us/my.php?image=65510510uk9.jpg)

Jo_e
29-04-2008, 10:42 PM
Seriously, consider media action. Even though I hate today tonight and think its the biggest piece of shit programming on tv, companies hate negative spotlight.
If you show the public how bad they're treated you, they'll end up on their hands and knees trying to do damage control. ;)

Thachng
29-04-2008, 10:54 PM
to be honest I really don't blame them for their reaction, the pics you took don't really help you case its plainly obvious that your car is modified. And no genuine Honda service?

I can't see how anyone could come with any other assumption. Granted you might not be the sterotype but your car tells a different story.

KofS2s
29-04-2008, 10:55 PM
the person was an older fellow and his tone was very cocky.

I think I've spoken with the same guy! I had problems with the fuel bowser at Mobil (not pumping fuel properly) and I called up Consumer Affairs. This guy is so slack, ignorant and unhelpful. He must have a billion of complaint calls everyday but I don't care, his job is to help and he shows zero effort of helping.

I've also experienced a few insurance disputes, I been through countless phonecalls, letters, faxes, considerations, appeals, and at the end of the day, it's going to cost you time and money, and no one is going to pull out $$ from the sky to help you.

Best option is to accept that you've been unlucky.

90LAN
29-04-2008, 10:56 PM
just park the car in front with a big sign
""SO AND SO WILL NOT CLAIM MY WARRANTY ETC ETC"
and hand out flyers of what has happen and what they have not done
i think that would be funny !

destrukshn
29-04-2008, 10:59 PM
i don't think the dealership will take that lightly, they could sue him for defamation.
which in my eyes, would be funny as well, seeing that IF he is that stupid to do so
lol.

T-onedc2
29-04-2008, 11:11 PM
What does your warranty say in regards to intake and exhaust mods? If it doesn't allow it then they have no obligation to replace it, unfortunately it can be that simple.

aaronng
29-04-2008, 11:12 PM
i don't think the dealership will take that lightly, they could sue him for defamation.
which in my eyes, would be funny as well, seeing that IF he is that stupid to do so
lol.

Isn't true though that Honda doesn't want to cover his engine under warranty? So that wouldn't really be defamation, but fact. LOL

destrukshn
29-04-2008, 11:14 PM
Isn't true though that Honda doesn't want to cover his engine under warranty? So that wouldn't really be defamation, but fact. LOL

but was his car dead stock standard?
nops, so it does void the warranty, especially with a open intake in such a place where it would attract alot of dirt and water.
i remember in his previous thread that he did run through a puddle of water with a cai, and water did get int he combustion chamber, which takes a very big part of his motor giving way.
so in my point of view, honda does have the right to void his warranty, on his motor.

it's like dropping your car on bigger wheels, you have damaged the driveshafts, bearings, etc, whether the lowering and big wheels did or not, there was a chance it will, and that's what they will base it on.

you wanna mod your car, do it, but cop it in the chin if shit hits the fan really, or be smart about it, change it back to stock, before you bringing it in to service.

T-onedc2
29-04-2008, 11:25 PM
My new vehicle ('99 VTi-R) warranty states the warranty will not apply to:
Any vehicle used for competition, racing or record attempts or equipped with performance enhancing components

destrukshn
29-04-2008, 11:27 PM
Any vehicle used for competition, racing or record attempts or equipped with performance enhancing components
yups
sure it sucks to be in the original posters shoes.
and i'd be shattered as well.
but in my eyes, your trying to fight for something you can't win.

Bob san
29-04-2008, 11:43 PM
well maybe u haven't had honda telling u to piss off and go find your own solution on fixing it. also honda knowing ignored a letter issued by my lawyer and towed my car away without even telling me the address.

i do admit its my fault since i did mod my car. but i did not expect honda to treat me this way. you'd probably get better service at maccas then at honda.

and what do i get in the end? a scratched up civic with a blown frikkin motor. best part is the car is less then 2 yrs old and im still oweing the bank 13g...

my mum has a 23yr old toyota cressida. its overfilled with 3 different types of oil and god knows when it was last serviced. and that car still drives like its brand new.

nothing is certain my friend. im not even bother taking them to court as i simply can't afford it and have wasted enough time already. honda can't even explain why the motor exploded in the first place.

misteR_bilzz
29-04-2008, 11:44 PM
put how they treated you aside.

the modifications play a big part in warranty but he also serviced his car with someone other than Honda. I think its a condition of warranty that you get your car serviced at Honda or someone certified to service cars.

Bob san
30-04-2008, 12:13 AM
I think I've spoken with the same guy! I had problems with the fuel bowser at Mobil (not pumping fuel properly) and I called up Consumer Affairs. This guy is so slack, ignorant and unhelpful. He must have a billion of complaint calls everyday but I don't care, his job is to help and he shows zero effort of helping.

I've also experienced a few insurance disputes, I been through countless phonecalls, letters, faxes, considerations, appeals, and at the end of the day, it's going to cost you time and money, and no one is going to pull out $$ from the sky to help you.

Best option is to accept that you've been unlucky.

was his name phillip plumpe by any chance?

FD1
30-04-2008, 12:39 AM
perhaps you would be able to claim the damage under insurance?
in the end it'd be cheaper than paying for a new engine out of pocket.
you might want to consider removing the aftermarket parts before you lodge a claim tho..

GSi_PSi
30-04-2008, 01:21 AM
you should of just put ur car back to stock and then cliamed warranty lolz thats the first thing i would do...saves you having to spend another 11gz...be dodgy and save money

Bob san
30-04-2008, 01:55 AM
well honda engineers ain't dumb... they mark all their nuts and bolts with red/orange dots. so if i put them back on then its clear that i have tampered with it and they would probably accuse me or something else.

and nope insurance won't cover it either since its mechanical damage. cos technically its not an 'accident'. but if a tree had fallen down on my car then the engine blew up then u can claim it. oh the irony...

Mr_will
30-04-2008, 02:21 AM

thats true, but do you think if he actually did it, all he'd write is 'Honda dont want to fix my engine under warranty' ? lets be realistic here, its hardly a smart idea.

you win the award for dumbest advice ever.

at worst, it might be worth writing a letter to honda saying you are considering your options, both in terms of legal advice and possible media coverage.

votek
30-04-2008, 02:25 AM
jackie, you should of put your car back to stock. and service it at honda. or put a k20 in it now :P

T-onedc2
30-04-2008, 07:57 AM
well maybe u haven't had honda telling u to piss off and go find your own solution on fixing it. also honda knowing ignored a letter issued by my lawyer and towed my car away without even telling me the address.

i do admit its my fault since i did mod my car. but i did not expect honda to treat me this way. you'd probably get better service at maccas then at honda.

and what do i get in the end? a scratched up civic with a blown frikkin motor. best part is the car is less then 2 yrs old and im still oweing the bank 13g...

my mum has a 23yr old toyota cressida. its overfilled with 3 different types of oil and god knows when it was last serviced. and that car still drives like its brand new.

nothing is certain my friend. im not even bother taking them to court as i simply can't afford it and have wasted enough time already. honda can't even explain why the motor exploded in the first place.
Yes I can empathise with you and your experience here, but....

aaronng
30-04-2008, 09:18 AM
nops, so it does void the warranty, especially with a open intake in such a place where it would attract alot of dirt and water.
i remember in his previous thread that he did run through a puddle of water with a cai, and water did get int he combustion chamber, which takes a very big part of his motor giving way.
so in my point of view, honda does have the right to void his warranty, on his motor.

Ahh! I just noticed the snapped rod in the photo. My bad. I thought it was some other damage.

Bob san, no picket sign for you!

warwick108
30-04-2008, 09:41 AM
didn't the honda tech's say that the blow engine was caused by excess revving? or some cr*p like that? arnt you driving an auto? what excess revving? doesnt it cut off at around 6800rvvs? the engine blowing up was not caused by the modifications and thats even stated by honda tech's..

T-onedc2
30-04-2008, 11:04 AM
didn't the honda tech's say that the blow engine was caused by excess revving? or some cr*p like that? arnt you driving an auto? what excess revving? doesnt it cut off at around 6800rvvs? the engine blowing up was not caused by the modifications and thats even stated by honda tech's..
even if the mods aren't to blame, they still void the warranty. It would be purely out of goodwill if they cover this, and for 11k I don't see it happening.

The lawyer would know he doesn't have a case but will get paid anyway so he's happy to help.

tommmoe
30-04-2008, 12:02 PM
yeah man, any car dealership will void warranty if you have ANY modifications on your car, i know you've prob been told this before, but just k20 it lol

aaronng
30-04-2008, 12:09 PM
even if the mods aren't to blame, they still void the warranty. It would be purely out of goodwill if they cover this, and for 11k I don't see it happening.

The lawyer would know he doesn't have a case but will get paid anyway so he's happy to help.

The only way I think that he can have a chance with this case on excess revving is that the engine is advertised for 103kW @ 6300rpm. If they can't guarantee that the engine runs reliably at 6300rpm, then why are they advertising 103kW?

Bob san
30-04-2008, 12:26 PM
The only way I think that he can have a chance with this case on excess revving is that the engine is advertised for 103kW @ 6300rpm. If they can't guarantee that the engine runs reliably at 6300rpm, then why are they advertising 103kW?

good point. also goes to show u how well the R18a holds up to mods lol. the R18a is SOHC and has a plastic intake manifold and a block thinner then a piece of paper. thainland quality hmm...

sorry to mention this now but my car is manual, i don't like driving autos lol

anyway yer they mainly said i over revved the car and that was pretty much there only excuse. and my protest is that its a factory honda ecu with a rev limiter...

yer they are just using the mods as an excuse not to pay for it, oh well i learned that the hard way. ive also heard stories about this particular dealer, like alot of transmition failures on stock cars and guess what? honda claims they blew up their box from over revving...

ive also heard that some ppl at subaru have had replace their engines and repairs on their cars when their cars are well out of warranty, just out of pure good will :(

lesson learned? im sticking with toyota next time :thumbsup:

also today i recieved my 2nd letter from honda saying my car's 2nd birthday is coming up, and i should consider trading it in...

goes to show you how well their organisation is.

aaronng
30-04-2008, 12:51 PM
good point. also goes to show u how well the R18a holds up to mods lol. the R18a is SOHC and has a plastic intake manifold and a block thinner then a piece of paper. thainland quality hmm...

sorry to mention this now but my car is manual, i don't like driving autos lol

anyway yer they mainly said i over revved the car and that was pretty much there only excuse. and my protest is that its a factory honda ecu with a rev limiter...

yer they are just using the mods as an excuse not to pay for it, oh well i learned that the hard way. ive also heard stories about this particular dealer, like alot of transmition failures on stock cars and guess what? honda claims they blew up their box from over revving...

ive also heard that some ppl at subaru have had replace their engines and repairs on their cars when their cars are well out of warranty, just out of pure good will :(

lesson learned? im sticking with toyota next time :thumbsup:

also today i recieved my 2nd letter from honda saying my car's 2nd birthday is coming up, and i should consider trading it in...

goes to show you how well their organisation is.

Not the block's fault. The rod gave way. If you had sucked in water before, and couple that with high RPM, that can happen. BTW, what RPM did you rev up to? A rev limiter DOES NOT protect against overreving during a misshift.

denot
30-04-2008, 01:36 PM
Just drop the car from a hill to hit a big tree. Then claim insurance for write off!!! Ooppsss.. no, dont do that pls... this is a bad advice :p

Bob san
30-04-2008, 01:53 PM
Just drop the car from a hill to hit a big tree. Then claim insurance for write off!!! Ooppsss.. no, dont do that pls... this is a bad advice :p

i kinda wish that did happen lol claim insurance straight away :p

but hey life was never meant to be easy

arrong - when it happened i was driving at 3000rpm... 2nd gear about to shift to 3rd. doing 60km on 80 on springvale road (read my first post).

but yer i don't care wherether it was water, mods or revving anymore. im just not happy with the way honda handle this case. their attitude towards this is beyound belief

gona get the car fixed soon and just wanna drive it to enjoy it

sitta
30-04-2008, 01:54 PM
yea, get your insurance to cover the car hehe, drop it off a cliff, otherwise if they quote 11000 just to change the engine to r18, get k20 instead

xtercii
30-04-2008, 01:56 PM
I remember in your previously deleted thread you mentioned something about your CAI sucked in bit of water or you drove through puddles in the rain right?

SiReal
30-04-2008, 02:01 PM
Hope all works out well for you Bob. Very unfortunate.

misteR_bilzz
30-04-2008, 02:02 PM
xtercii: thats already been mentioned a few pages back.

aaronng
30-04-2008, 02:46 PM
arrong - when it happened i was driving at 3000rpm... 2nd gear about to shift to 3rd. doing 60km on 80 on springvale road (read my first post).

Sorry, my question was very vague, I meant to ask, what was the highest RPM your engine has been to, even accidentally. You can choose not to reply or reply via PM, because there might be someone from Honda reading this forum.

markCivicVti
30-04-2008, 03:11 PM
Sorry to hear about the whole situation, but you seemed to have just accepted the fact that nothing is ever fair and that it may have been the mods. So good luck with forking out however much you need for a new engine.

Perhaps you can come to an agreement that they 'contribute' out of good will.. perhaps a percentage of labour - as thats probably the bulk of it.

I hope I never have to deal with these douchebags on warranty issues.

90LAN
30-04-2008, 04:23 PM
thanks for your opinion !!!
but i was trying to see the funny side to this
btw i have seen this done b4 in qld
so thanks for your dumbest comment ever

thats true, but do you think if he actually did it, all he'd write is 'Honda dont want to fix my engine under warranty' ? lets be realistic here, its hardly a smart idea.

you win the award for dumbest advice ever.

at worst, it might be worth writing a letter to honda saying you are considering your options, both in terms of legal advice and possible media coverage.

Bob san
30-04-2008, 06:10 PM
thanks for your opinion !!!
but i was trying to see the funny side to this
btw i have seen this done b4 in qld
so thanks for your dumbest comment ever

he was just being sarcastic, i don't blame him.

but the idea of standing in front of the dealership with a big sign isn't a bad idea, if i were a 80 year old with nothing else better to do.

im a 21 year old uni student and i simply just don't have time for this to drag on any longer.

oh btw i attached the letter telling me to trade in my car with a blown engine :confused:

thats the first one and i also recieved another one of those today :confused:

might as well rub it in my face honda.

*bennjamin edit pm me for details

Channy
30-04-2008, 07:18 PM
Hi mate, sorry to hear about your troubles, but dont blame hondas we all love em... haha

anyway back to being serious, i also had warranty issue(s) i had 17s on my civic and a exhuast and air filter and they fed me the same crap your warranty is void... so i said "well what if i returned it back to stock?", and they said well "thats your choice" they then replaced the struts and shockers no questions asked. strange ey...one second they say no the next they say yes. try takin the car to a different dealership in stock form (they get paid by honda for labour so dont see why not).

good luck

warwick108
30-04-2008, 10:06 PM
thats a bit weird that they don't cover because you had a cia and etc.. so if I stick a spoiler (replica) on my boot, would they void my warranty? what if I tinted my windows? cause I did tint my windows, maybe they will void my warranty now.. the fact is they didnt link the mods with the blown engine, so fair is fair the engine was blown most likely due to bad luck, we all can say its due to the water, but what are the chances it was due to the water? 100%? this just does not make sense, try bringing it to yarra honda in abbotsford they have the best service their...give it a shot..

Bob san
30-04-2008, 10:20 PM
thats a bit weird that they don't cover because you had a cia and etc.. so if I stick a spoiler (replica) on my boot, would they void my warranty? what if I tinted my windows? cause I did tint my windows, maybe they will void my warranty now.. the fact is they didnt link the mods with the blown engine, so fair is fair the engine was blown most likely due to bad luck, we all can say its due to the water, but what are the chances it was due to the water? 100%? this just does not make sense, try bringing it to yarra honda in abbotsford they have the best service their...give it a shot..

yer the whole warranty bookelt dosn't specify what you can and can't add to your car eg.if u did put a GT wing on ur boot, then ur tail lights stopped working they would probably say u drill holes in the boot and it affected the wires (or something like that). so does the GT wing count as a 'performance enchaning modification?' well i hope you will never have the chance to find out (in a good way)

i can't take it to another dealer cos i was claiming it through honda australia and not throught the dealer. great customer service eh? made me do everything myself (they didn't even bother to let honda australia know until i told them so).

im probably on honda's black list by now lol

warwick108
30-04-2008, 10:45 PM
i tell you what.. tow your car infront of the dealer.. and just leave it sitting their.. like right infront of their freaking entry.. =)

mrpsi
30-04-2008, 11:12 PM
unlucky mate... best of luck with the next engine

destrukshn
30-04-2008, 11:17 PM
dude, having your windows tinted, won't void you warranty on the motor.
nor putting a wing on.
it will only void the warranty on the parts that it affects.
the intake is a essential part of the motor, put water in there (intake then it goes into the combustion chamber), and it can drastically reduce the life of the motor.

so for a a aftermarket wing, it will void, any cracks or paint defects on the boot, unless you tapped in the wires a well, then it would most likely void that as well if anythign does go wrong.

warwick108
30-04-2008, 11:36 PM
yes, i do understand the intake effects the motor.. but they did not link the blown motor and the intake together.. they did not link the cause of the intake to blow up the motor.. they said it was due to excessive revving..

destrukshn
30-04-2008, 11:44 PM
yes, i do understand the intake effects the motor.. but they did not link the blown motor and the intake together.. they did not link the cause of the intake to blow up the motor.. they said it was due to excessive revving..
everyone that has a put a aftermarket intake system in their car, HAS revved the car straight to redline, period.
what's why you get a intake, for the sound and the more power it will make a top end.

Bob san
01-05-2008, 12:02 AM
everyone that has a put a aftermarket intake system in their car, HAS revved the car straight to redline, period.
what's why you get a intake, for the sound and the more power it will make a top end.

now this is where it gets tricky. you're assuming anyone with a CAI is guilty of revving the crap outta their car. well trust me even if my car was bone stock, they would still say i revved the motor till it blew up.

i have also emailed fujita in america about this. this is their reply :

Hello Jacky,

I recommend going over the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act. Your situation comes up here in the states often. But due to the Magnuson-Moss Act and Laws/Rules, most customers have no problem getting their car fixed or repaired.

Here are a few links for you to review:

- http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/conline/pubs/buspubs/warranty.shtm
- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnuson-Moss_Warranty_Act

I also recommend contacting SEMA for some helpful information. www.sema.org.

now what the reply is refering to is that in america this would fall under the Magnuson-Moss Act. also i found is a letter from K&N explaining what the Magnuson-Moss Act is and why its actully illegal for the dealers not to pay for your damages (in the US at least).

http://www.knfilters.com/warrantyletter.htm

well i can't really blame them as they are an american company. kinda wish we had sema here to protect us as car ethuatist.

destrukshn
01-05-2008, 10:15 AM
now this is where it gets tricky. you're assuming anyone with a CAI is guilty of revving the crap outta their car. well trust me even if my car was bone stock, they would still say i revved the motor till it blew up.

i have also emailed fujita in america about this. this is their reply :

Hello Jacky,

I recommend going over the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act. Your situation comes up here in the states often. But due to the Magnuson-Moss Act and Laws/Rules, most customers have no problem getting their car fixed or repaired.

Here are a few links for you to review:

- http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/conline/pubs/buspubs/warranty.shtm
- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnuson-Moss_Warranty_Act

I also recommend contacting SEMA for some helpful information. www.sema.org.

now what the reply is refering to is that in america this would fall under the Magnuson-Moss Act. also i found is a letter from K&N explaining what the Magnuson-Moss Act is and why its actully illegal for the dealers not to pay for your damages (in the US at least).

http://www.knfilters.com/warrantyletter.htm

well i can't really blame them as they are an american company. kinda wish we had sema here to protect us as car ethuatist.
IF your car was stock, your car would of been back on the road already, or at least have more of a chance of winning.

uwants
01-05-2008, 02:34 PM
Ehh,
How could you be driving 60km/hr in 2nd gear with only 3000rev lolz?
Even in 3rd gear you will be reving 2500 for 55km/hr.
Anyway sorry to hear your story.
Try park your car on the street and wait 4 some1 2 hit u, then you can claim for insurance =)

oniononline
01-05-2008, 02:54 PM
I think there is nothing much you could do at the moment, because you modified your engine, that is enough to void your warrenty, regardless how Honda treats you.

The most logical solution is to park your car in a cool dry area, and start saving for a 2nd hand engine, wait for someone to write off their car but not damanged their engine, such as hit from the side.

Try to cheat insurance would not work and will land you into deeper trouble, as you've already posted so many post here about the damage and people suggested the cheating solution.

Bob san
01-05-2008, 06:27 PM
I think there is nothing much you could do at the moment, because you modified your engine, that is enough to void your warrenty, regardless how Honda treats you.

The most logical solution is to park your car in a cool dry area, and start saving for a 2nd hand engine, wait for someone to write off their car but not damanged their engine, such as hit from the side.

Try to cheat insurance would not work and will land you into deeper trouble, as you've already posted so many post here about the damage and people suggested the cheating solution.

regardless of how honda treats you? now this made me laugh

customer service is everything in the world of retail. if your gona treat your customers like crap don't expect them to come back and have good words to say about them.

T-onedc2
01-05-2008, 06:53 PM
customer services' job is to take care of warranty issues, and determine whether the customer is violating the conditions. They've done nothing wrong from what you have said, so tell us what your owners manual says in the warranty schedule with regards to modifications. The answer is so clear I can't believe this thread is still going, and nowhere at that.

Felix
01-05-2008, 07:14 PM
customer services' job is to take care of warranty issues, and determine whether the customer is violating the conditions. They've done nothing wrong from what you have said, so tell us what your owners manual says in the warranty schedule with regards to modifications. The answer is so clear I can't believe this thread is still going, and nowhere at that.
:thumbsup::thumbsup:

sitta
01-05-2008, 07:16 PM
well, what you should have done at first is put your car back to stock and go to the dealer claiming the warranty, thats what i would have done..

markCivicVti
01-05-2008, 07:49 PM

If you actually read the whole friggen thread you would know that bob_san wasn't disputing their decision to not cover his engine. He is just having a whinge about how he was treated by them through the process.

Anywho, bob_san, have you suggested to them (honda australia) that they cover part of the labour costs with the new engine out of good will?

baeshin
01-05-2008, 07:53 PM

it's like dropping your car on bigger wheels, you have damaged the driveshafts, bearings, etc, whether the lowering and big wheels did or not, there was a chance it will, and that's what they will base it on.

you wanna mod your car, do it, but cop it in the chin if shit hits the fan really, or be smart about it, change it back to stock, before you bringing it in to service.

fahh if thats true then u prolly did fk up ur own motor...

how come honda wont give u their findings on how they knew you were excessivly revving.. get ur lawyer to try n get that at least.

i know for a fact that mechanics can prove that kinda stuff

7ypeR
01-05-2008, 08:10 PM
Theres always 2 sides to every story. maybe through honda's eyes you were a young hoon, who sh*tted your own car, then thought you'd be a smart c*nt and try to rort the system. put yourself in their shoes, if someguy came into your business and tried to pull a fast one, you'd be pissed off too. I too think that had your car been stock, it would've been fixed in the first week. not too smart leaving the mods or doing the mods in the first place. cant blame you though, i woulda modded the sh*t out of it too :)

T-onedc2
01-05-2008, 08:13 PM
If you actually read the whole friggen thread you would know that bob_san wasn't disputing their decision to not cover his engine. He is just having a whinge about how he was treated by them through the process.
I've read it already. Of course he's disputing it, he's got a lawyer trying get him around his mistake

edmbranch
01-05-2008, 08:21 PM
dude.. is yours still parked at x? cause i've seen that car lying around in their customer parking/service area for quite some time..

i've just purchased 2 cars off them :zip:

donnoe if i'd regret it after reading this thread..

Bob san
01-05-2008, 08:25 PM

Anywho, bob_san, have you suggested to them (honda australia) that they cover part of the labour costs with the new engine out of good will?

:thumbsup: thank you for actully reading my posts. yes i am whinging as it is all that i can do for now. and no honda expects me to pay for the full 11g myself. no mention of even any good will at all, but from their tone it sounds more like i owe it to them.

and T-onedc2, obviously u have never encountered a warranty issue with honda before. customer relations don't deal with warranty issues, they deal with customer relations (drrr). its up to honda's own mechanics to prove if the engine damage was caused by the mods or not, which three months later i have still yet to see any report that has been issued by honda.

T-onedc2
01-05-2008, 08:27 PM
:thumbsup: thank you for actully reading my posts. yes i am whinging as it is all that i can do for now. and no honda expects me to pay for the full 11g myself. no mention of even any good will at all, but from their tone it sounds more like i owe it to them.

and T-onedc2, obviously u have never encountered a warranty issue with honda before. customer relations don't deal with warranty issues, they deal with customer relations (drrr). its up to honda's own mechanics to prove if the engine damage was caused by the mods or not, which three months later i have still yet to see any report that has been issued by honda.
Tell us all again why did you start this thread?

Edit: they don't need to give you the report, nor have proof as you void the warranty first.

Bob san
01-05-2008, 08:28 PM
try reading it from the start again?, if u think this thread is so pointless, then why do you keep coming back and post?

destrukshn
01-05-2008, 08:36 PM
so all you want from Honda is a report saying how the motor was ****ed?
i admit, that's what they owe you.
you can probably take legal action with that, but not with the repair.

cracker
01-05-2008, 08:42 PM
im sure a multinational company can spare 11 g's for this guy...it wasnt even his fault...

destrukshn
01-05-2008, 08:48 PM
im sure a multinational company can spare 11 g's for this guy...it wasnt even his fault...
why wasn't it his fault?
he made a mod (CAI) to his car, knowing the motor would be void, ran through a puddle of water which got into his motor. which can make the car go bang.
even though honda says, it was caused by excess revving, it can still have been done by him, you don't get a intake and exhaust to be quiet and drive like a granny, you rev the car out.

so can you please explain why it wasn't his fault?

T-onedc2
01-05-2008, 08:49 PM
so all you want from Honda is a report saying how the motor was ****ed?
i admit, that's what they owe you.
you can probably take legal action with that, but not with the repair.
that's fair then

cracker
01-05-2008, 09:14 PM
why wasn't it his fault?
he made a mod (CAI) to his car, knowing the motor would be void, ran through a puddle of water which got into his motor. which can make the car go bang.
even though honda says, it was caused by excess revving, it can still have been done by him, you don't get a intake and exhaust to be quiet and drive like a granny, you rev the car out.

so can you please explain why it wasn't his fault?

ahh well i said that cuz he said it wasnt his fault...i felt that theres no reason for him to lie on ozhonda...my bad

LD_Mart
01-05-2008, 09:40 PM
i was a red p plater last year and pretty much everyone of my friends wether they drove a swift or an wrx with a cannon on it everyone knows you revv it to impress one another... its just what young people do...
plus if you install a CAI another reason to revv your car...
sure u dont do it all the time but u have pretty much said that you have never revved your car...

Sherweeeny
02-05-2008, 12:16 AM
i thought hondas liked a rev, this sounds like terrible luck mate, i have skipped through most of the thread, but bloody bottom line should be you buy the car to use it, not baby it. so honda should base their bloody warranty on if everyone redlined the things every day.

i certainly know i do.

warwick108
02-05-2008, 11:03 AM
having a intake does not mean you revv your car hard.. so if a colored person stole a tv.. does it mean all colored people steal tvs? dont you think your over generalising? your basing all this crap on no evidence apart from your own opinion..

destrukshn
02-05-2008, 11:10 AM
having a intake does not mean you revv your car hard.. so if a colored person stole a tv.. does it mean all colored people steal tvs? dont you think your over generalising? your basing all this crap on no evidence apart from your own opinion..
yet again, you use as whole different example.
you don't get a intake to drive like a granny, you get it for the noise and power it makes at higher RPM.
sure you may not do it all the time, but you do, do it.
no i'm not over generalising.
your just using a crap example of colored people stealing tv's.

markCivicVti
02-05-2008, 12:10 PM
So bob_san, how deep was this supposed offending puddle? It would have to be deep enough to almost fully submerge the CAI pod under water... not just a little.

Bob san
02-05-2008, 12:54 PM
i thought hondas liked a rev, this sounds like terrible luck mate, i have skipped through most of the thread, but bloody bottom line should be you buy the car to use it, not baby it. so honda should base their bloody warranty on if everyone redlined the things every day.

i certainly know i do.

well said mate. hondas are made to be revved. if not, then why did they even bother having vtec on all the new civics?

panda[cRx]
02-05-2008, 01:12 PM
your intake was modded, you car was also apparently ridiculously overfilled with oil and it appears you've had water in your intake.... if you were on the other side of the fence would YOU approve it under warranty.

warranty is for manfacturing defects of the vehicle, which doesnt appear to be the case here.

also you are quick to bag out the dealership, which don't appear to have actually done anything wrong. they followed all the required steps and got honda australia involved. honda australia made the call and denied the repair under warranty. there is not much the dealer can do from there in that regard

honda aust in general bend over to please the customer unless the customer is clearly in the wrong

as for storage of the car that is then on you. why should the dealer have your car in their workshop taking up space? they are only a franchise, it's not like your car was at honda australia.
you car was there for months. if you had the car in an average city/inner suburban carpark the fees would have been well over $2k lol

well said mate. hondas are made to be revved. if not, then why did they even bother having vtec on all the new civics?
fuel economy :wave:

Bob san
02-05-2008, 02:05 PM
;1667581']your intake was modded, you car was also apparently ridiculously overfilled with oil and it appears you've had water in your intake.... if you were on the other side of the fence would YOU approve it under warranty.

warranty is for manfacturing defects of the vehicle, which doesnt appear to be the case here.

also you are quick to bag out the dealership, which don't appear to have actually done anything wrong. they followed all the required steps and got honda australia involved. honda australia made the call and denied the repair under warranty. there is not much the dealer can do from there in that regard

honda aust in general bend over to please the customer unless the customer is clearly in the wrong

as for storage of the car that is then on you. why should the dealer have your car in their workshop taking up space? they are only a franchise, it's not like your car was at honda australia.
you car was there for months. if you had the car in an average city/inner suburban carpark the fees would have been well over $2k lol

fuel economy :wave:

obiviosly you work for honda... its easy for you to say since its not your car.

obviously you nor honda don't give a rat's ass about their customers well being, only about revenue and profits. every since this incident happen, i had to quit my job, my parents had to buy another daily car. and did honda give a crap about all this? Nope. Offer any kind of solution to solve this problem? Nope.

their solution? point the finger at the stupid kid who modded his car. they must be thinking 'this little kent modded and blew up his own car, lets milk him for all his worth'. and they truly expect him, a 21year old struggling uni student to cought up 11g on his own. hows that for common sense?

do you even know why i left the car in the dealer? if i towed it back out do u think they are gona to let me tow in back in? and hows paying $420 for their 'diagnosis' of the engine problem, when they even havn't determined if it was under warranty or not?

when you buy a new car from them, they promise you the world. try go back to them with a problem, and they don't even want to know you. :thumbdwn:

denot
02-05-2008, 02:37 PM
;1667581']your intake was modded, you car was also apparently ridiculously overfilled with oil and it appears you've had water in your intake.... if you were on the other side of the fence would YOU approve it under warranty.

hm... somehow i have to agree with his point of view here...

when you buy a new car from them, they promise you the world. try go back to them with a problem, and they don't even want to know you. :thumbdwn:

thats called salesman!!! no salesman ever bothered "taking care" of you after you purchase, most likely, a one off purchase like car, house, apartment, etc. If its a "rental" purchased (e.g. software rental licence, etc), then they will keep on supporting you coz they're affraid that you stop renewing the licence from them.

panda[cRx]
02-05-2008, 02:52 PM

obviously you nor honda don't give a rat's ass about their customers well being, only about revenue and profits. every since this incident happen, i had to quit my job, my parents had to buy another daily car. and did honda give a crap about all this? Nope. Offer any kind of solution to solve this problem? Nope.

their solution? point the finger at the stupid kid who modded his car. they must be thinking 'this little kent modded and blew up his own car, lets milk him for all his worth'. and they truly expect him, a 21year old struggling uni student to cought up 11g on his own. hows that for common sense?

yes 11k is alot of money.... so why would honda fork out 11k when it's not a defect of the car? "oh shit he's a student, we better pay for it all then!"

my dealership and i look after our customers very well, honda is generally quite good as i said. this time it is unfortunate for you that the repair costs are so high but it's not honda's (or your dealers) fault imo

markCivicVti
02-05-2008, 02:58 PM
Tho you gotta admit Panda, they should at least provide a 'official' report on what their official stance is... as in what is wrong and why it's not covered under warranty - be it due to the cai sucking in water or just excess revving.

Either way Bob_san isn't arguing their decision to not cover the repair. As I said earlier.. he's just unhappy with how he *felt* treated.

Anywho.. when I was a uni student (almost 2 yrs ago now) I was driving a hand-me-down festiva... what a beast.. wish i had a nice civic then.

Get a loan and fix up the car... get one through your parents and work your butt off on paying them back. No more modding for you!! (till its paid off)

dc2dc2dc2
02-05-2008, 02:58 PM
Just accept that its your own fault.
Lesson learnt is this journey we call life.
11k is alot of money i agree, but remember Honda is not a charity they are a business and the aim of a business is to make money.
Bad luck to you man.
Sell the car, see what u can get for it.
Not trying to stir shit or anything,
But i know of people who have seen you drive
and they say you are not exactly 3rpm shift type. :)

tokyonite
02-05-2008, 02:59 PM
overall, i reckon you should have put all da original parts back before you went back to honda, you might get a differnt outcome if you did so. :honda:

DR HONDA
02-05-2008, 03:00 PM
Should have de modded vehicle before entering your dealer. You are in every right that it should not have failed and this is a interesting topic to follow to see if honda will pay for the repair. CAI and Exhaust shouldnt kill a HONDA engine but then again the THAI product is showing its true colours.

panda[cRx]
02-05-2008, 03:08 PM
lol forgetting a few points there dr honda. the oil was overfilled and he's run into water with his CAI. that doesn't even take in to account how hard he may have been driving it. i don't know bobsan but like dc2dc2dc2 i have also heard a few things

and dr honda why would you suggest it's a thai build quality issue? if so wouldn't the same thing be happening to stock civics out there?

DR HONDA
02-05-2008, 03:41 PM
I must have not read half the thread. If hes sucked water in then case closed. Over filled oil level depending on how much will not kill it either.

VTECMACHINE
02-05-2008, 03:47 PM
I asked honda a while ago, and they said you can modify the car, as long as you do not touch any sensors. Headers are a no, no... but a Cat back should be fine, as it's after any sensors.

Intakes however are most likely going to void the warrenty.

This sucks for you man... I hope it goes well.

VTECMACHINE
02-05-2008, 03:49 PM
CAI and Exhaust shouldnt kill a HONDA engine but then again the THAI product is showing its true colours.

The engines and drive train are made in Japan, then exported to Thailand and assembled there. so effectively it's Japanese made, Thai assembled.

markCivicVti
02-05-2008, 03:59 PM
I still want to know how deep the supposed offending puddle was... how sure are you that his CAI did suck in water?

(what a useless thread)

Bob san
02-05-2008, 04:38 PM
But i know of people who have seen you drive
and they say you are not exactly 3rpm shift type. :)

you know ppl who seen me drive? or u know pp who know how i drive? if u know me then u know i take care of my car. so don't go around saying u know how i drive if u don't even know who i am personally.

and yes marcivicvti, thankyou for actully taking your time and reading on what this thread is about. i don't remember any actul effects of water going into the pod, but as u know this is a internet forum so ppl are gona say alot of stuff based on what they think is right. for i care i can tell honda i straped a big T88 turbo to the car, its up to them to tell me why and how the engine failure occrued. which to this day i have seen yet to see any proper report issued by honda.

and yes this thread is going nowhere, thanks to those who come and start posting who no understanding of the situation and don't even bother reading the thread from the start.

warwick108
02-05-2008, 05:41 PM
u know how we save 10% for the importing fees or wateva.. for them to send it to thailand then send it to australia.. how many of us would rather pay that little extra and have ur honda straight from japan? your really still generalising that if you have a cia you revv ur engine..thats just the dumbest thing ive ever heard.. just think mate.. use ur brain..

T-onedc2
02-05-2008, 05:41 PM

i certainly know i do.
on a brand new engine under 3000km on the clock? Coz that's a problem

T-onedc2
02-05-2008, 05:44 PM
u know how we save 10% for the importing fees or wateva.. for them to send it to thailand then send it to australia.. how many of us would rather pay that little extra and have ur honda straight from japan? your really still generalising that if you have a cia you revv ur engine..thats just the dumbest thing ive ever heard.. just think mate.. use ur brain..
Th dumbest thing you've ever heard is true for the majority of modifiers

DR HONDA
02-05-2008, 07:57 PM
The engines and drive train are made in Japan, then exported to Thailand and assembled there. so effectively it's Japanese made, Thai assembled.
Funny that i just got back from the factory in thailand and watch them grind there own engine components. Engines are made from core steel/alloy at the factory. Get your facts right champ.

Sherweeeny
02-05-2008, 08:11 PM
on a brand new engine under 3000km on the clock? Coz that's a problem

15000 already :(

Dr Honda, surely its the same as having BMWs and VW's made in South Africa... i havent really had any problems with the civic.. but i sure was sketchy about buying something from thailand.

however this seems to be one of those one in a million things.... so unless a lot of other engines start failing i doubt being made in thailand is really an issue!

sorry for being a lazy bastard, but was anything proven to cause this specific screwup of the engine? water getting in? was that it?

destrukshn
02-05-2008, 09:00 PM

do you even know why i left the car in the dealer? if i towed it back out do u think they are gona to let me tow in back in? and hows paying $420 for their 'diagnosis' of the engine problem, when they even havn't determined if it was under warranty or not?

your personal life, not their problem, don't even know why you mentioned that.
lol.

destrukshn
02-05-2008, 09:01 PM
Should have de modded vehicle before entering your dealer. You are in every right that it should not have failed and this is a interesting topic to follow to see if honda will pay for the repair. CAI and Exhaust shouldnt kill a HONDA engine but then again the THAI product is showing its true colours.
yes, shouldn't, BUT water in the combustion chamber most probably will.

destrukshn
02-05-2008, 09:02 PM
I still want to know how deep the supposed offending puddle was... how sure are you that his CAI did suck in water?

(what a useless thread)
he said so himself in another thread.
lol.

destrukshn
02-05-2008, 09:05 PM
lol, sooooooo people put CAI's in just for fun?
lol.

JaCe
02-05-2008, 09:07 PM
.... so what's the outcome i wonder.

cracker
02-05-2008, 09:08 PM
okay i see your point...it may have been his fault...still...im sure they can spare 11k theyre a big business.....yeah?

destrukshn
02-05-2008, 09:12 PM
okay i see your point...it may have been his fault...still...im sure they can spare 11k theyre a big business.....yeah?
business's have to stand their ground when it comes to situations like this.
if honda passes this through, people will think, "oh we can mod our cars, and if anything happens, honda will pay for it"
lol, it's not going to happen.

bennjamin
02-05-2008, 09:16 PM
right. If the car was 100% stock , and using 100% stock fluids/parts and also driven "normally" then Honda , after much discussion with its defense lawyers will fix the issue.

But if you have a modification , even worse one that can directly relate to the issue at hand ~ honda will NOT fix it. They will show you a piece of paper stating "you had a CAI and water went in. Your fault" then end.

destrukshn
02-05-2008, 09:18 PM
right. If the car was 100% stock , and using 100% stock fluids/parts and also driven "normally" then Honda , after much discussion with its defense lawyers will fix the issue.

But if you have a modification , even worse one that can directly relate to the issue at hand ~ honda will NOT fix it. They will show you a piece of paper stating "you had a CAI and water went in. Your fault" then end.
i'm quite sure what his whinging and whining about, or so he says.
is that he just wants a report saying it was over-revved.
but then he start bitching about the repair bill.
and how some honda dealer treated him badly.
that dealers name is in the thread somewhere, ben, shouldn't you get rid of that? it's defamation.
lol.

bennjamin
02-05-2008, 09:19 PM
ill have alook thru now. If names are named then its ban time.

Bob san
02-05-2008, 09:28 PM
your personal life, not their problem, don't even know why you mentioned that.
lol.

eithier ur just an insensitive A$$hole or just plain selfish. you probbaly think this is all just a big joke to you, laughing in your little computer chair.

and defamation is a term u use when you purposely use words to insult someone or something. not when your surpose to be the victim retelling your story. use a dictionary once in a while.

u can ban me for all i care. i think ive made my point here.

bennjamin
02-05-2008, 09:33 PM
jokes son calm down. No one here is getting banned. Only edited.

BTW , Until proven in a court of law ~ you , stating AND titling / labelling X company did this / failed to do this is defamation. Honda , can take you or Ozhonda to court for such a case. So say what you want but dont NAME NAMES. Keep that to pm thanks.

PS you have dug yourself a hole , with this CAI / water injected stuff. I know from first hand experience not much water can weaken and destroy a engine in the same way yours sits now. Honda arent dumb and they are sticking by it. It will take alot of time and $$$ to even TRY and make then think otherwise ( in court)

good luck

destrukshn
02-05-2008, 09:39 PM
eithier ur just an insensitive A$$hole or just plain selfish. you probbaly think this is all just a big joke to you, laughing in your little computer chair.

and defamation is a term u use when you purposely use words to insult someone or something. not when your surpose to be the victim retelling your story. use a dictionary once in a while.

u can ban me for all i care. i think ive made my point here.
no i'm not insensitive.
it's like saying.
example
Honda is doing really bad, and can't afford to fix your car underwarranty, even though it is warranty.
how is that your problem right? it's not you expect it to be done, if it was a warranty item.

it's not a joke, it's a matter that you could of prevented, and now whinging and whining why honda won't repair your motor.

yes defamation
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/defamation
you were bad mouthing the Honda dealership

destrukshn
02-05-2008, 09:54 PM
you wanted to start by trying to give me a smart ass comment about using a online dictionary, and dished it back to you, and now your upset?
lol, if you dish it out, expect to get it back.
you don't have to bother with me, i'm only in this thread, to make sure people don't get mis-informed of what actually happened, and people don't get the blame that they shouldn't be.

Bludger
02-05-2008, 11:26 PM
1 - this guy sounds so childish
2 - Why should Honda Aust. repair your car when you have violated the t&c of the warranty
3 - why should Honda care what your situation is?
4 - I wonder how you treated THEM??????
5 - most male drivers under 25 don't drive cars like a granny
6 - A representative of Honda should start a thread on this case, telling their side of the story
7 - i have read the entire thread and have come to the conclusion that you whine too much

all you do is whine, self centered, not looking at fact

yadda yadda yadda

stop crying and grow up

Frost_FD
03-05-2008, 12:27 AM
Cut him some slack come on his engine blew up on a new car... i would whine and do everything to get it fixed aswell.

cupu-80
03-05-2008, 01:13 AM
i second to that FROST_FD
sorry to hear your blown motor mate...i hope it goes well!!!

renegadeice
03-05-2008, 09:00 AM
wait wait wait. are you telling me an R18A engine costs $11,000? o.O

maybe try to source engine from wreckers? is that possible?

bennjamin
03-05-2008, 09:11 AM
keep the childish comments to pm.

OP , in all eyes this looks to be something you cant get compensated for. You , really are legally at fault and no one else. I would be bitchy and moany , like you if i was in this situation for sure. But i wouldnt live in denial that i didnt read the T+C properly and also deny my mods had anything to do with this issue.

Elwood
03-05-2008, 04:44 PM
1 - this guy sounds so childish
2 - Why should Honda Aust. repair your car when you have violated the t&c of the warranty
3 - why should Honda care what your situation is?
4 - I wonder how you treated THEM??????
5 - most male drivers under 25 don't drive cars like a granny
6 - A representative of Honda should start a thread on this case, telling their side of the story
7 - i have read the entire thread and have come to the conclusion that you whine too much

all you do is whine, self centered, not looking at fact

yadda yadda yadda

stop crying and grow up

You're a insensitive douchebag.

But yes, unfortunately Honda (and all other car companies) will try and get out of honouring their warranties as much as possible, and because of the mods - they had it sort of easy.

=\

VTECMACHINE
03-05-2008, 08:28 PM
Funny that i just got back from the factory in thailand and watch them grind there own engine components. Engines are made from core steel/alloy at the factory. Get your facts right champ.

Whoa really? Well mechanics around aswell as Honda say otherwise. But I guess your right... You learn something new everyday.

warwick108
03-05-2008, 08:44 PM
forget about replacing ur engine with a k20a just put a f20c.. you might aswell go all the way..

cracker
03-05-2008, 08:47 PM
i think he said somewhere that he doesnt have a job anymore

7ypeR
03-05-2008, 09:13 PM

But yes, unfortunately Honda (and all other car companies) will try and get out of honouring their warranties as much as possible, and because of the mods - they had it sort of easy.

=\

i 2nd the first few points bludger said. he aint insensitive, just stating the truth.

also honda doesnt try to get out of warranty, they replaced my window and my engine mount even after looking at my coilovers and engine mods. the window broke according to honda, cos the coil-over was way too hard. they did question whether or not i race my car cos of the mods but stil, they did replace it in the end. the discussion only lasted bout 15mins before they agreed to fix it so yeh. don't know where half you guys get your info from

sitta
03-05-2008, 10:32 PM
i 2nd the first few points bludger said. he aint insensitive, just stating the truth.

also honda doesnt try to get out of warranty, they replaced my window and my engine mount even after looking at my coilovers and engine mods. the window broke according to honda, cos the coil-over was way too hard. they did question whether or not i race my car cos of the mods but stil, they did replace it in the end. the discussion only lasted bout 15mins before they agreed to fix it so yeh. don't know where half you guys get your info from

so i guess it depends on the dealership as well, i bought 3 hondas from col crawford honda so i dont think they will mess with me, i deal with the same salesperson as well

Rice_4_life
03-05-2008, 11:36 PM

If this is true you are very lucky indeed, if it were at my old dealer one look and we'd price you up on the cost of replacement instead of a warranty job

vtek
04-05-2008, 02:31 AM
11 grand is alot of money for an engine but I would have to agree with the decision the Dealership/Honda Australia has decided. Anything you do that has a direct effect on the damaged item would void the warranty. Warranty only covers defects in manufacturing and workman ship. I think you should stop bagging Honda as you are clearly at fault and your story is very one sided. Look around and see how many fd civics there are on the road, yet its only your motor thats blown. It has to tell you something.

7ypeR
04-05-2008, 03:18 PM
If this is true you are very lucky indeed, if it were at my old dealer one look and we'd price you up on the cost of replacement instead of a warranty job

I agree with you. i knew my chances were slim when claiming but i accepted that it was my fault. it was only a bonus that they covered it. thats not to say they were all smiles when doing it either.

Bludger
05-05-2008, 01:29 AM

=\It was just a basic post

I could have totally owned him and you for that matter, so stfu

i'm looking at this from a broad prospective, looking at both sides

the girl in question is just whining like a Thai ladyboy

and what the **** do you know about this situation

all you know is what you read here and its only his side of the story, have you heard Honda's side of the story yet???

Aaronng edit: ~removed egging on and attack~

Bludger
05-05-2008, 01:31 AM

=\insensitive???

what should i do????

be his mummy and say everything will be ok???

all he has done is complain

VTECMACHINE
05-05-2008, 01:33 AM
F**KING LOL!

Man I so wanna meet ya in person man, you seem like a funny man.

Bludger
05-05-2008, 01:34 AM
why, whats that meant to mean?

VTECMACHINE
05-05-2008, 01:41 AM
why, whats that meant to mean?

No, no.. nothing at all. I just LOL'd at your posts. You make me lol sometimes.

trism
05-05-2008, 04:26 AM
someones in love

twing
05-05-2008, 10:00 AM
I feel sory for bob san.
I read his old posting about how proud he was owning honda. He even went through great effort putting sound deadening and all sort of other stuff on his car.
Truly enthusiast :thumbsup:
It's tough luck to get an engine blow up. It really really really really is.

After reading this thread, I have no idea what it is all about.
From my point of view, it's better to make the most of what you have now.
I believe one or two thing can be done with the car. The whole car is fine, apart from blow up engine and few scratches. The scrathes are not biggi really. You can drive the car with them ;), can't you?

About the engine. Is it 100% unrepairable? I believe there is a lot of expert in this forum who can offer their advice and opinion. Can the piston be replaced?, how about the block? It may work out cheaper to repair it, rather than getting new one.

So think about a new chapter of your car :)
This is my opinion, but feel free to pursuit Honda for fixing it up.

Bob san
05-05-2008, 11:44 AM
So think about a new chapter of your car :)
This is my opinion, but feel free to pursuit Honda for fixing it up.

yes. im not angry about this anymore. so over it. its time to move on. time to get the R i'd always wanted...

thanks for all the comments guys. im getting my car fixed soon and lets just say its not gona be a 11g job.

well ive already learned that this is all just a phase i have to go through in life. SXXT happens.

and the engine its probably a write off. i don't know for sure what happened and what parts from the engine are missing.since honda didn't even bother telling me what they removed from my engine.

ive had mecahnics looked at it and it would probably be cheaper to replace it then to fix it.

dc2dc2dc2
05-05-2008, 11:46 AM
i thought u hated honda and you said you'd never drive another one again.

santa3563
05-05-2008, 04:01 PM
Bob San,saw a couple of written off FD2 in a wrecking yard in Sydney,Hontoys in Yennora,both had side impact and engine looks ok.They said they are looking at $3-4k for the whole engine,went there cause I'm interested in the leather interior.

disappointed
05-05-2008, 04:14 PM
Bit harsh boys. The water incident happened days prior, so it was not the culprit. The CAI is nothing more than a cold air intake, for the ones that don't know what that is, it's basically just a different air cleaner assembly that draws air from outside the engine compartment, not a different intake manifold, that was also not the culprit. Now the overfilling of the engine oil, that could do it... I would have thought that if Honda does not want to honour it's warranty because of the mods, then they have to prove that it was the mods that caused the engine failure. If I was you bob san I would ring the Honda wreckers as stated earlier and get a quote for supply and fit of a used engine. I'd be surprised if you couldn't pick one up for under $1500 and fitted for under $3 grand. I do agree with the fact that you would have been better off at another dealership, I know about that first hand. A good service manager would have gone into bat for you. I know of a great one if you want to know. Lastly someone mentioned a rev limiter not working during a mis shift. Thats just Bull Shit. Thats what it does. It usually cuts ignition once the pre determined revs have been reached. Good luck Bob

destrukshn
05-05-2008, 05:06 PM
Bit harsh boys. The water incident happened days prior, so it was not the culprit. The CAI is nothing more than a cold air intake, for the ones that don't know what that is, it's basically just a different air cleaner assembly that draws air from outside the engine compartment, not a different intake manifold, that was also not the culprit. Now the overfilling of the engine oil, that could do it... I would have thought that if Honda does not want to honour it's warranty because of the mods, then they have to prove that it was the mods that caused the engine failure. If I was you bob san I would ring the Honda wreckers as stated earlier and get a quote for supply and fit of a used engine. I'd be surprised if you couldn't pick one up for under $1500 and fitted for under $3 grand. I do agree with the fact that you would have been better off at another dealership, I know about that first hand. A good service manager would have gone into bat for you. I know of a great one if you want to know. Lastly someone mentioned a rev limiter not working during a mis shift. Thats just Bull Shit. Thats what it does. It usually cuts ignition once the pre determined revs have been reached. Good luck Bob
why wouldn't it be the culprit?
it may have done enough damage for it to weaken the components, and then giving way days later.
lol.

markCivicVti
05-05-2008, 05:18 PM

How do you know it is? Even honda didn't say it was due to water that entered in through the CAI...

(I'm not saying that it wasn't.. but you can't assume that is was)

I also think you should get an engine from a wreckers if they are as cheap as 3/4 grand. I wonder if the FD2's K20 would be an easy swap... at least they are both DBW.. just make sure you get its ECU as well.

Actually.. forget about the k20.. get the r18a... atleast then you have the engine mounts and all that already in place. Would be a lot simpler.

disappointed
05-05-2008, 05:24 PM
it may have done enough damage for it to weaken the components, and then giving way days later.
lol.

If you are refering to the water, It would have gone straight away, damage done is damage done. Water damage would be evident in the combustion chamber, Honda would have told him about that straight away. In years gone by, mechanics used to pour litres of water down the carby to decarbon the valves, and pistons.

bennjamin
05-05-2008, 05:27 PM
An engine can be weakened by a small amount of water and within X amount of ks just give up / seize or fail. That is , a small amount of water. Not that this matters facts are

Car owner used aftermarket parts against hondas T+C.
engine blew up.
honda isnt paying.

disappointed
05-05-2008, 05:32 PM
An engine can be weakened by a small amount of water and within X amount of ks just give up / seize or fail. That is , a small amount of water. Not that this matters facts are

Car owner used aftermarket parts against hondas T+C.
engine blew up.
honda isnt paying.

Not from my experience.

disappointed
05-05-2008, 05:36 PM
Maybe, if you own a Honda, you should't be driving while it's raining. Make sure there are no puddles on the road, in fact maybe we shouldn't wash the dam things.

dc2dc2dc2
05-05-2008, 05:43 PM
Yeah...

Maybe you should sell your Honda, if you hate them so much.

destrukshn
05-05-2008, 05:46 PM
If you are refering to the water, It would have gone straight away, damage done is damage done. Water damage would be evident in the combustion chamber, Honda would have told him about that straight away. In years gone by, mechanics used to pour litres of water down the carby to decarbon the valves, and pistons.
lol.
no, it can weaken them.
and then after a while, it still give way.
it doesn't have to give way on the spot.

mechanics USED to.
lol.
tell them to do it now, they use something called, carby cleaner.
lol.

destrukshn
05-05-2008, 05:47 PM
How do you know it is? Even honda didn't say it was due to water that entered in through the CAI...

(I'm not saying that it wasn't.. but you can't assume that is was)

I also think you should get an engine from a wreckers if they are as cheap as 3/4 grand. I wonder if the FD2's K20 would be an easy swap... at least they are both DBW.. just make sure you get its ECU as well.

Actually.. forget about the k20.. get the r18a... atleast then you have the engine mounts and all that already in place. Would be a lot simpler.
yeah i can assume it is, because he said so himself.
lol.

dc2dc2dc2
05-05-2008, 05:48 PM
Nah mate.

I woudln't wanna buy your car probably end up like ur mates. :)

destrukshn
05-05-2008, 05:49 PM
Maybe, if you own a Honda, you should't be driving while it's raining. Make sure there are no puddles on the road, in fact maybe we shouldn't wash the dam things.
stupid boy, lol.

markCivicVti
05-05-2008, 05:59 PM
yeah i can assume it is, because he said so himself.
lol.

How would he know? He would have been in the drivers seat... not in the puddle looking at the end of his CAI as his car was supposedly sucking up water. He drove through a puddle.. I can assume thats true.. but I don't think he knew whether or not he sucked in water.

The puddle would to have been pretty damn deep to submerge his CAI pod.. i don't think his ride is even lowered... just cai and exhaust from what I've read.

dmx
05-05-2008, 07:35 PM
yes. im not angry about this anymore. so over it. its time to move on. time to get the R i'd always wanted...

thanks for all the comments guys. im getting my car fixed soon and lets just say its not gona be a 11g job.

well ive already learned that this is all just a phase i have to go through in life. SXXT happens.

and the engine its probably a write off. i don't know for sure what happened and what parts from the engine are missing.since honda didn't even bother telling me what they removed from my engine.

ive had mecahnics looked at it and it would probably be cheaper to replace it then to fix it.

Hi Jac, late comment, LOL...just read ur thread, and now already 14 pages long:thumbsup:
1. Just accept the fact, no point argue or begging with Honda anymore. just wasting ur energy. We all know, u'r not in good bargain.
2. pls don't go that Honda dealer anymore to fix ur engine. u already void ur warranty anyway, what the point u go back there and give them some profit to fix ur car.:thumbdwn:
3. Honda dealer price always higher than other places (and parts too).
FYI. i quote audio steering button from Honda Aus dealer $200, but i got the same parts from Honda USA only $70. today i tried again, get quote for OEM gear knob, they quote me $140, UNBELIEVABLE, Honda USA only quote me US$14 not include shipment. Yes, I can prove it. same serial number, even the salesperson (Aus) can't say anthing when i confronted to him:wave:
so shop around to other garage or re-condition engine specialist
4. FYI. My friend just had his Holden Comm. 1998 (???) new engine, only cost 2g all up. My Mazda Van also got new engine couple years ago, only around 2k too. not sure if R18 engine cost so much.
one again, shop around first. i see someone sell K20 engine, and the price not up to 11g.
5. May be u can consider selling ur car at that condition (13g may be :confused: to pay off ur loan), get same amount loan again plus add around 8g to get new civic (again:D)

at the end, GOOD LUCK mate, very sorry for ur unfortunate situation.

Stig
05-05-2008, 11:49 PM
Lastly someone mentioned a rev limiter not working during a mis shift. Thats just Bull Shit. Thats what it does. It usually cuts ignition once the pre determined revs have been reached.

when you MIS-shift... you over redline your car cos your tranny is spinning faster than your engine speed... rev limiter does jack all in that situation... thats what the guy ment...

disappointed
06-05-2008, 09:47 AM
when you MIS-shift... you over redline your car cos your tranny is spinning faster than your engine speed... rev limiter does jack all in that situation... thats what the guy ment...

What the f... Time for school Melvin.

panda[cRx]
06-05-2008, 12:44 PM
3. Honda dealer price always higher than other places (and parts too).
FYI. i quote audio steering button from Honda Aus dealer $200, but i got the same parts from Honda USA only $70. today i tried again, get quote for OEM gear knob, they quote me $140, UNBELIEVABLE, Honda USA only quote me US$14 not include shipment. Yes, I can prove it. same serial number, even the salesperson (Aus) can't say anthing when i confronted to him:wave:

the dealers charge the set price given to them by honda. dealers would agree many parts appear to be overpriced but it's not up to them.

who did you buy from in the US? a dealer?

Sherweeeny
06-05-2008, 03:41 PM
;1673334']the dealers charge the set price given to them by honda. dealers would agree many parts appear to be overpriced but it's not up to them.

yes by doing this, they like to think that in the eyes of the general public they are seen as a more prestige brand, but they are stupid enough not to understand that being prestige doesnt only come with price.

oniononline
06-05-2008, 11:13 PM
What the f... Time for school Melvin.

disappointed... I'm very disappointed :) well, Time for school for you too, and some practice homework as well, today's homework is: Try to drive 100 km/h on the freeway on 5th gear, then shift back to 1st gear straight away without braking. Please report back to us.

"hint", you can do it, there is no physical locking device like the reverse gear. But what would happen? Please tell us :)

Tips: Please bring a mobile phone with you or carry a bicycle.

disappointed
06-05-2008, 11:54 PM
Onion, is this just another one of your stupid posts, or are you for real. Firstly, you won't be able to shift back to first gear at 100 km/h. Secondly, why don't you try to free rev your engine past the rev limiter. Go on. That is precisely what it's for, to stop ning nongs like yourself from damaging the engine from over revving. Once again the rev limiter cuts the ignition once the preset rpm has been achieved. It will feel like a hessitation.

Bludger
07-05-2008, 12:22 AM
Onion, is this just another one of your stupid posts, or are you for real. Firstly, you won't be able to shift back to first gear at 100 km/h. Secondly, why don't you try to free rev your engine past the rev limiter. Go on. That is precisely what it's for, to stop ning nongs like yourself from damaging the engine from over revving. Once again the rev limiter cuts the ignition once the preset rpm has been achieved. It will feel like a hessitation.you are an idiot

lets just say, if you're in 5th gear and its redline and road speed is 200

just example

same road speed, but 4th gear, what rpm would you be doing, redline still? over redline? or under redline???

use your brain,

over-reving your engine has nothing to do with free reving

you can't over rev your engine when free reving, because of the limiter as you say, but when the car is moving????????

disappointed
07-05-2008, 08:23 AM
Bludger,,,, another ning nong. You are confusing the Red Line, with the Rev Limiter. You do realize that school didn't finish with primary school, yes.

DR HONDA
07-05-2008, 08:28 AM
Enough already with this nonsense. Go by yourself a second hand engine approx $1500.00 from Hontoys in Sydney 0297294400 with low ks as they have 15 engines to choose from and fit it and be done.

Benson
07-05-2008, 08:30 AM
Enough already with this nonsense. Go by yourself a second hand engine approx $1500.00 from Hontoys in Sydney 0297294400 with low ks and fit it and be done.

Agreed:thumbsup:

oniononline
07-05-2008, 09:30 AM
Bludger,,,, another ning nong. You are confusing the Red Line, with the Rev Limiter. You do realize that school didn't finish with primary school, yes.

Sorry, my bad, please don't try it on the freeway, you could kill more people.

So find an empty long road and try this in order: and please DO NOT reply untill you've tried it.

Steps:
1) Bring a mobile with you and make sure someone knows where you are going
2) Find an empty road
3) Make sure you are the only person in the car
4) buckle your seat belt and setup & secure a video recorder in the car
5) Drive up to 100km/h in 5th gear(in a 100 zone)
6) Press your clutch all the way down
7) Shift your gear to 1st position while still holding your clutch and driving at 100km/h
8) Make sure there is no car behind you
9) Quickly remove your foot from the clutch
10) If you are still alive, please put the video onto youtube and paste the link here, this would be your final project and we may reward you for your great effort for such a bravery scientific experiment

disappointed
07-05-2008, 10:02 AM
Onion,,, WTF are you on about. Put the Bong down for awhile and try and to make some sense.

bennjamin
07-05-2008, 10:31 AM
calm down guys. Keep the personal attacks and irrelevant posting to pm please.

BTW mishifting is possible , but hardly from 5th to 1st. And it can destroy an engine , pulling the engine to match road speed and RPM to something byound the preset redline. Bang. Is this the case for failed engine ? the thread starter wont say.

VTECMACHINE
07-05-2008, 10:33 AM

Dude, I honestly would not take that sh*t from Honda!

It's one thing to not be able to claim warrenty due to modifiying your car (I actually agree with Honda on that one, sorry). But if they took apart the engine, and took parts from it with out your authority that's seriously uncalled for! Have you paid for the diagonostics etc? You can look at this as yeah it's life, etc etc... but mate this is an asset, which they have damaged in their holding yard, and taken parts of your engine, with no report handed to you what so ever!!!

I would honestly take this to court, and inform the media ASAP.

disappointed
07-05-2008, 11:16 AM
(QUOTE) BTW mishifting is possible , but hardly from 5th to 1st. And it can destroy an engine , pulling the engine to match road speed and RPM to something byound the preset redline. Bang. Is this the case for failed engine ? the thread starter wont say.[/QUOTE]

Mis-shifting is ofcourse possible, as you say not at 100km/h from 5th to 1st. But I don't agree that you can go beyond the rev limiter without fiddling with the computer.

bennjamin
07-05-2008, 11:19 AM
But I don't agree that you can go beyond the rev limiter without fiddling with the computer.

yup technically you cant adjust the rev limiter in anyway , without adjusting via another computer or piggyback.
you can and will "pull" the car beyound the rev limiter by "mishifting" :) IE its a zone where the engine is not designed to go.Invariably = bang.

Bludger
07-05-2008, 11:20 AM
(QUOTE) BTW mishifting is possible , but hardly from 5th to 1st. And it can destroy an engine , pulling the engine to match road speed and RPM to something byound the preset redline. Bang. Is this the case for failed engine ? the thread starter wont say.

Mis-shifting is ofcourse possible, as you say not at 100km/h from 5th to 1st. But I don't agree that you can go beyond the rev limiter without fiddling with the computer.so, you finally agree with us on the over-rev/engine go bang theory

but you still go on about the rev limiter, in which case, we were never referring to that in the 1st place...

disappointed
07-05-2008, 11:25 AM
I don't understand what you are saying Bludger. I don't agree at all. Bennjamin, where did you get this info. Again it is impossible to over rev the engine under any circumstance because the fuel or ignition is cut off. Car manufacturers build these safe guards into their vehicles.

oniononline
07-05-2008, 11:28 AM
(QUOTE) BTW mishifting is possible , but hardly from 5th to 1st. And it can destroy an engine , pulling the engine to match road speed and RPM to something byound the preset redline. Bang. Is this the case for failed engine ? the thread starter wont say.

Mis-shifting is ofcourse possible, as you say not at 100km/h from 5th to 1st. But I don't agree that you can go beyond the rev limiter without fiddling with the computer.[/QUOTE]

Mate, what he meant was it is unlikely for people to accidently mis-shift from 5 to 1, they are so far apart, but physically it can be done. Only stupid people with IQ lower than 50 would do it, because it will blow up your engine.

Let me put it into simple english.

You are half correct, the compupter only stops you from reving beyond say 6000rpm, so if you are on 3rd gear, it is not possible to rev beyond that without shifting. However, if you are driving at 3000rpm on 5th gear at 120km/h, and physically shift the gear onto 1st, while the car still rolling at 120km/h, what do you think it would happen?

ok, let me answer it, your car will try to roll at 120km/h for a very short period, maybe 1/10th a sec, then you will slow down very fast, the gear resistance is too high, the wheels are generating too much torque back to the engine, in result, the weakest link in your drive tran will fail and you WILL HEAR BANG!

Second theory, drive your car all the way to the top of the hill, and turn off your engine, put your car into 5th gar and try to roll down. According to your engine ignition off theory, the car shouldn't roll right? Because no petrol is burnt. Please think again. Now when you are rolling faster enough, try to shift it back to 1st gear, still with engine off.

disappointed
07-05-2008, 11:33 AM
Onion. As soon as the revs go lower than the set point ignition and or fuel starts up instantaneously. Secondly you will physically not be able to move the gear lever into first gear at 100km/h.

oniononline
07-05-2008, 11:36 AM
Onion. As soon as the revs go lower than the set point ignition and or fuel starts up instantaneously. Secondly you will physically not be able to move you gear lever into first gear at 100km/h.

Have you driven a manual car? Or should I say are you driving a manual car?

I am driving a manual car, I'm telling you, you are physically possible to shift 5th into 1st, but my IQ is higher than 50, so I would not do it.

I think we are unable to convince you in theory, I know it is unethical to tell you to do this this but as I said before, please don't talk about not possible to shift until you have tried even we warned you that you could damange your car.

disappointed
07-05-2008, 11:40 AM
Carby equipped cars you could over rev an engine during a mis shift. Thats why companies like MSD ignition and the like make changeable crev limit chips for their after market ignition systems. Computer controlled engines have the rev limiter/over rev built in.

disappointed
07-05-2008, 11:46 AM
Have you driven a manual car? Or should I say are you driving a manual car?

I am driving a manual car, I'm telling you, you are physically possible to shift 5th into 1st, but my IQ is higher than 50, so I would not do it.

I think we are unable to convince you in theory, I know it is unethical to tell you to do this this but as I said before, please don't talk about not possible to shift until you have tried even we warned you that you could damange your car.

I have four manual vehicles, have driven manuals for 28 years, have been a mechanic for nearly as long. In theory you can say what you like , in practise you would blow your gearbox up in a thousand pieces, if you were physically able to. If you can drive your car at 100km/h, you should theoretically be able to shift back to 1st at 100 ks. But a Honda civic, Nope. Try it, any body.

oniononline
07-05-2008, 11:48 AM
mmm.. I'm speechless... nvm.. very supprised you are a mechanic and driven a manual for 28 years.

I'm very confused about your answers.. you sounds like 13 yr old for me.

Ok, forget it, lets go back to the topic.

Bludger
07-05-2008, 11:54 AM
Onion. As soon as the revs go lower than the set point ignition and or fuel starts up instantaneously. Secondly you will physically not be able to move the gear lever into first gear at 100km/h.you can in second, and third and forth....

disappointed
07-05-2008, 11:54 AM
[QUOTE] you sound like a 13yr old to me. [QUOTE]

That would make me 10 years older than you, in theory.

disappointed
07-05-2008, 11:56 AM
you can in second, and third and forth....

He was saying "FIRST" was he not.

Bludger
07-05-2008, 11:58 AM
He was saying "FIRST" was he not.you're just pointing out the technicalities, he was just using an example.......... I think you know what we're on about, you just want to be anal about it

oniononline
07-05-2008, 11:59 AM
I think you are still confused, you can drive up to 100km/h in 2nd gear without damaging your engine/drivetran, but in first gear, it will die, but it is possible, there is no physical locking device from you to do such a stupid action.

How about you go out now and give a try and tell me you can or you can not.

dc2dc2dc2
07-05-2008, 12:01 PM
what has this got to do with bob_san?
he can't answer his own critics?
so you come in and be a hero for him yeh?

disappointed
07-05-2008, 12:01 PM
Oh no, Onion actually means from fifth to first at 100km/h. Read the posts. I' ve been through this before with Onion.

disappointed
07-05-2008, 12:06 PM
Not everyone here is technically minded or has the experience, to say things as they are, judging by this topic. There is enough misinformation out there. Sometimes you just have to say something. Sorry, I won't do it again.

disappointed
07-05-2008, 12:10 PM
I think you are still confused, you can drive up to 100km/h in 2nd gear without damaging your engine/drivetran, but in first gear, it will die, but it is possible, there is no physical locking device from you to do such a stupid action.

How about you go out now and give a try and tell me you can or you can not.

I know it can't be done, even at much slower speeds than 100km/h. Try it at 60 or 70 and you'll notice how much more effort is needed to put it in first gear. And it only amplyfies the greater the speed.

aaronng
07-05-2008, 12:11 PM
I don't understand what you are saying Bludger. I don't agree at all. Bennjamin, where did you get this info. Again it is impossible to over rev the engine under any circumstance because the fuel or ignition is cut off. Car manufacturers build these safe guards into their vehicles.

Wrong. TOTALLY WRONG. Even with an ECU which cuts off fuel, ignition, launches a cleaver to chop off your right foot to get it off the accelerator pedal, you can exceed the limiter/redline/goodbye-line if you go into too low a gear at too high a speed and release the clutch. For example, going into 1st at 100km/h or going into 2nd at 130km/h, when the gear ratios have the engine at redline at 60km/h in 1st and 100km/h in 2nd.

aaronng
07-05-2008, 12:12 PM
I know it can't be done, even at much slower speeds than 100km/h. Try it at 60 or 70 and you'll notice how much more effort is needed to put it in first gear. And it only amplyfies the greater the speed.

If you double clutch, you can get into 1st at 60km/h with zero effort. I have done that to prove a point before.

The reason you need more effort to get into 1st at that speed without double clutching is because the synchros are trying to get the input shaft speed up to the same as the gear speed. Given enough time and wear, you can get it into 1st at 60km/h or even 100km/h if you are persistent enough.

Bludger
07-05-2008, 12:14 PM
Wrong. TOTALLY WRONG. Even with an ECU which cuts off fuel, ignition, launches a cleaver to chop off your right foot to get it off the accelerator pedal, you can exceed the limiter/redline/goodbye-line if you go into too low a gear at too high a speed and release the clutch. For example, going into 1st at 100km/h or going into 2nd at 130km/h, when the gear ratios have the engine at redline at 60km/h in 1st and 100km/h in 2nd.we have been saying this for the past few hours Aaron, but its not getting through.....

can you please answer my pm to you a few days ago....

thanks

oniononline
07-05-2008, 12:19 PM
I feel like an idiot now.... why I bother spend my time explaining all these I could learn another language by now.. :(

Bludger
07-05-2008, 12:21 PM
lol

thats what we needed, a green block gangster, backing up what we're saying

LOL x999999999999

panda[cRx]
07-05-2008, 05:44 PM
Dude, I honestly would not take that sh*t from Honda!

It's one thing to not be able to claim warrenty due to modifiying your car (I actually agree with Honda on that one, sorry). But if they took apart the engine, and took parts from it with out your authority that's seriously uncalled for! Have you paid for the diagonostics etc? You can look at this as yeah it's life, etc etc... but mate this is an asset, which they have damaged in their holding yard, and taken parts of your engine, with no report handed to you what so ever!!!

I would honestly take this to court, and inform the media ASAP.

lol it pays to hear both sides of the story before suggesting taking it to court or even the media. i work at a dealer so i have heard both sides of the story (not just bobsan's interpretation of it).
if you had heard both sides i doubt you would feel the same :wave:

warwick108
07-05-2008, 06:41 PM
SANTA3563.. hey.. was just wondering.. how much is the leather interior? ive been looking aroun but not much luck atm..?
I know this has nuffin to do with the damaged engine.. but why put a k20 from a civic when u can put in a f20c?

aaronng
07-05-2008, 07:30 PM
we have been saying this for the past few hours Aaron, but its not getting through.....

can you please answer my pm to you a few days ago....

thanks

I did investigate and found that all he did was call you an "insensitive douchebag." You are more hardcore than he is. :)
I'd give him a slap on his wrist, but hey, this is not school and everyone should act like the grownups they are anyway.

yfin
07-05-2008, 07:50 PM
There is a lot of posts to read through - but why is it so hard to find an independent mechanic to look at your engine? What you really need is a report on the likely cause of the failure. If the report suggests that water ingestion or something that you contributed to (over rev) is the cause then you know where you stand.

If the report is inconclusive then you may have something to argue about. Until you get another opinion you are wasting your time.

yfin
07-05-2008, 08:02 PM

You are definately not right in terms of manual Hondas. There are no "downshift" limiters. eg If you are in 6th gear at 120kph and then down shift to 2nd instead of 4th by mistake. Physics will dictate the RPM that the engine will spin up to on downshifts.

What you are thinking of is a fuel cut - on a downshift you can definately have a mechanical over rev.

7ypeR
07-05-2008, 11:45 PM
'disappointed' is quite disappointing. name suits you to a tee. still can't believe that you been a mechanic nearly 28yrs. i think someone needs to take a course in modern mechanical engineering. i dont want to offend you, but you should read what you type before you post. most of it make no sense.

wilzee
07-05-2008, 11:58 PM
;1675520']lol it pays to hear both sides of the story before suggesting taking it to court or even the media. i work at a dealer so i have heard both sides of the story (not just bobsan's interpretation of it).
if you had heard both sides i doubt you would feel the same :wave:

And exactly what is the other side of the story?

Felix
08-05-2008, 09:00 AM
And exactly what is the other side of the story?

yeah i want to know too now.

panda[cRx]
08-05-2008, 07:42 PM
sorry i'm not in the position to post it up :)

cracker
08-05-2008, 08:39 PM
how come?

ahmondjai
08-05-2008, 11:12 PM
yeah, why not? I'm sure everyone here wants to hear about it too, why not let us hear the whole story?? so far, we've only heard from one side~~

VTECMACHINE
08-05-2008, 11:39 PM
LOL @ Disappointed! ahahaha. Mechanic for 28 years, ferrrrkkkk mate!

Yeah post the story man! We all wanna hear it.

xtercii
09-05-2008, 10:15 AM
there is no other side of the story unless someone is able to get a Honda rep from that dealer to get onto ozhonda to have a vent-off with bob san…

Bludger
09-05-2008, 10:50 AM
there is no other side of the story unless someone is able to get a Honda rep from that dealer to get onto ozhonda to have a vent-off with bob san…u fool

xtercii
09-05-2008, 01:10 PM
why??

Bludger
09-05-2008, 01:11 PM
there are always two or more sides to a story, wether you hear it or not.,...

xtercii
09-05-2008, 01:28 PM
haha c'mon of cos there is, just that the other side of the story is highly unlikely to be revealed unless honda comes to ozhonda and tells the story..

BseriesPLZ
10-05-2008, 07:16 PM
i adsked around and spoke to a few honda technicians and sales , this issue isnt new apparently. Also has happened before

They said his oil was filled over an inch from the MAX position on the dipstick.
he had also taken photos of the oil spilled on the road and emphasised how much oil had spilled....then when they checked it was still full
the car in general looked like it had an extremely hard life, it looked like it had been thrashed, the interior/exterior was disgusting too.
after the dealer had honda aust involved and hond aust knocked him back there is nothing more the dealer can do (except offer to repair it as a retail job). yet the guy refused to get his car out of their workshop for over 2 months.

thats hondas side of the story APPARENTLY.

bennjamin
11-05-2008, 01:42 PM
Gosh. Thats a fair whack.

Benson
11-05-2008, 03:03 PM
What a pointless thread... Go to the wreckers and pick up a second hand engine for like under 2k.. get a mechanic to install it.. 800-1000.. and done.

markCivicVti
12-05-2008, 10:12 AM
"Extremely hard life" ... smells like bull. My last car had an extremely hard life.. and it was a barely serviced Kia engine... stull runs after 160,000 kms...

Meh... i think the thread poster isn't even reading this... he said he'd have it fixed soon anyway.

Sherweeeny
12-05-2008, 05:25 PM
oh yes because he was dirty and didnt wash his car they shouldnt replace his engine. come on.

but the over filling of oil makes sense. why was it overfilled? and would that really cause an engine to malfunction?

musers
12-05-2008, 06:47 PM
yes it would cause the engine to malfunction
it would take more power to turn the crankshaft (engine appear to lose some power). however in extreme cases it may damage the seals and gasket etc.

but in bob san's case, i think the surplus oil was blown into the air intake manifold then it gets to cylinders together with the air. it gets burnt then causes the damage

dmx
12-05-2008, 07:08 PM
yes it would cause the engine to malfunction
it would take more power to turn the crankshaft (engine appear to lose some power). however in extreme cases it may damage the seals and gasket etc.

but in bob san's case, i think the surplus oil was blown into the air intake manifold then it gets to cylinders together with the air. it gets burnt then causes the damage
means he have to complain to the last service garage then.

trism
12-05-2008, 09:46 PM
and thats the issue i beleive.

the last service garage wasnt a honda dealer, so therefore they refuse to fix it under warranty

ahmondjai
13-05-2008, 02:00 AM
so, is it worth going back to the non honda garage and let them know?

where is bob san anyway? he seem disappeared~~

markCivicVti
13-05-2008, 08:42 AM
From his first thread yonks ago... it didn't sound like the garage/mechanic/workshop where he had his car serviced at first was willing to accept any responsibility for overfilling the oil.

string
21-05-2008, 07:23 PM
Wow just read this whole thing.

Bob_san: what a douche-bag.
Disappointed: ROFL now I know mechanics are dumb but this is something else.

This thread makes me sad about the state of the world. Why are there so many idiots alive...

"I want a refund on this apple"
"But sir you've just returned the core..."
"HAVE GOOD WILL I WANT ANOTHER APPLE WAH WAH"

Modifying cars has risks, NEW cars in warranty even more so. This thread is a perfect example of how to act like a complete dickhead once it blows up in your face.

Bludger
22-05-2008, 02:47 AM
Wow just read this whole thing.

Bob_san: what a douche-bag.
Disappointed: ROFL now I know mechanics are dumb but this is something else.

This thread makes me sad about the state of the world. Why are there so many idiots alive...

"I want a refund on this apple"
"But sir you've just returned the core..."
"HAVE GOOD WILL I WANT ANOTHER APPLE WAH WAH"

Modifying cars has risks, NEW cars in warranty even more so. This thread is a perfect example of how to act like a complete dickhead once it blows up in your face.:thumbsup:

warwick108
22-05-2008, 09:17 AM
i reckon.. sue ur mechanic.. stop messing around with the honda dealer.. the mechanic overfilled ur car.. and this seems to be a major problem to ur engine blowing up.. talk to the mechanic. before u do any legal action.. =).. or illegal action.. jk..jk

Sherweeeny
10-08-2008, 10:31 PM
what ended up happening to this guys car?!

Havocwreaker
10-08-2008, 11:48 PM
Having read this, I wonder what we can actually do to our cars without nullifying the warranty. (Apologies if this is a thread-jack) The earlier precedent stated for warranties wouldn't apply here unless something similar was ruled in an Australian court.
Things like DIY start buttons, larger wheels, headlights... Surely they can't be voiding warranty?

Bob san
11-08-2008, 12:00 AM
ive fixed up the car and sold it since. its all in the past now. can't believe ppl still remember this thread.

ive learned alot from this whole ordeal. its been 5 months in the making.

i have spoken to countless people who bought new cars and have problems such as cracked steering colums, transmission failures etc. all from the same excuses saying they voided the warranty due to some ridiculous accusations. (overfilling oil? now thats a good laugh)

just a word of warning. it dosn't matter whether ur car is serviced at honda or not, modified or stock. once you run into a problem and you take it back to the dealer your screwed. They charged me over 400 dollars to take the sump off before they even determined if it was gona be a warranty repair or not. and the best part is they still coundnt determined what actully went wrong.

no matter how trivial the problem is they will most certainly not fix it even if its not your fault. the only way is to fight them. even if you have right on your side be prepared for a long and tedious fight.

bennjamin
11-08-2008, 12:02 AM
no matter how trivial the problem is they will most certainly not fix it even if its not your fault. the only way is to fight them. even if you have right on your side be prepared for a long and tedious fight.

in this day and age , THIs is the way results are worked out. There is never a right story , thats why its up to the courts to decide. So anything even if you are certain its not your fault , will cost money to prove right.

JOhnnyFD
22-01-2009, 01:21 AM
shieett.. makes me think twice abt moddin my car now

ive just put on a k&n panel air filter.. went to get my car serviced and told em abt the k&n incase they 'accidenty' replaced it... and the service dude was lik... y did u change it?.. and i was lik, coz it more fuel effiecent and provides abit more performance, dont ever need another air filter etc. .. and he was lik.. nooo.. and in terms of warranty, if the k&n filter stuffs up and effects the engine.. then yes, warranty is voided

shouldve changed it to stock when servicing and changed it back afterwards.. now they know

Stig
22-01-2009, 12:52 PM
shieett.. makes me think twice abt moddin my car now

ive just put on a k&n panel air filter.. went to get my car serviced and told em abt the k&n incase they 'accidenty' replaced it... and the service dude was lik... y did u change it?.. and i was lik, coz it more fuel effiecent and provides abit more performance, dont ever need another air filter etc. .. and he was lik.. nooo.. and in terms of warranty, if the k&n filter stuffs up and effects the engine.. then yes, warranty is voided

shouldve changed it to stock when servicing and changed it back afterwards.. now they know

i went to service my car with the injen cold air intake in, they didnt say nething....

Type S Tony
22-01-2009, 01:06 PM
Shieeeettt, People dont think this only happens with Honda, the amount of stories ive heard from new holden owners is amazing also.
I knew of this one poor bloke who had to have his LS1 replaced something like 4 times & another guy who picked up a brand new VE SS and after 2 weeks water started leeking underneath the dash.

The real sad part is from my experiance in the industry, working as a mech & attending Tafe and all that is that most of the time when a car goes in for a warranty repair its done half arsed, to the absolute bare minimum, minimalist amount of time & parts are used.

JOhnnyFD
22-01-2009, 06:14 PM
i went to service my car with the injen cold air intake in, they didnt say nething....

Shieeeettt, People dont think this only happens with Honda, the amount of stories ive heard from new holden owners is amazing also.
I knew of this one poor bloke who had to have his LS1 replaced something like 4 times & another guy who picked up a brand new VE SS and after 2 weeks water started leeking underneath the dash.

The real sad part is from my experiance in the industry, working as a mech & attending Tafe and all that is that most of the time when a car goes in for a warranty repair its done half arsed, to the absolute bare minimum, minimalist amount of time & parts are used.

mayb its just tat some customer service ppl just lik to tlk down on u and tlk shiet... and coz Type S Tony goes they service carz half-assed, maybe they might of missed seeing your CAI ... .. . :p

SHOGUNOVDDRK
22-01-2009, 06:16 PM
This thread now abbreviated on google in a form of another forum...?

dc2dc2dc2
22-01-2009, 06:19 PM
i love this thread.

made me lol big time

Stig
22-01-2009, 07:32 PM
mayb its just tat some customer service ppl just lik to tlk down on u and tlk shiet... and coz Type S Tony goes they service carz half-assed, maybe they might of missed seeing your CAI ... .. . :p

the funny thing was, when i looked at the service report, under "checked air element filter", the box was ticked hahaha

denot
22-01-2009, 10:02 PM
hahahha dats why i wait till next year (warranty gone) then do some engine related modes :p

22-01-2009, 11:44 PM
hahahha dats why i wait till next year (warranty gone) then do some engine related modes :p

by starting of getting fd2r engine!!! lol :p
Warranty is overated aniway... :angel:

denot
23-01-2009, 12:05 AM
^^^ nah... not that extreme lol

yeah warranty is 70% useless... they even give me this excuse when i told them that my CD stackers stuff up... "There's a chance that this is because you replace the OEM rims with 2 inch bigger and lower profile tyres, it makes the car bump hard on the speed hump and thus stuff the CD stacker..."

Can you believe that? :confused:

markCivicVti
23-01-2009, 08:32 AM
Thats just outrageous denot. What was your response? I'd be like "Do I look like a moron to you?"

Yeah warranty is overrated. I guess if nothing has failed in the first year then you're probably won't need the warranty after. I already got the SRI, but if the engine dies I'll definitely replace it with the stock box if i take it in for warranty repair.

But they'd prolly give me some crap like "Oh, you've painted your brake calipers, chances are the engine didn't like the color choice so it decided to die, sorry can't help you."

denot
23-01-2009, 08:42 AM
^^^ LOL @ the brake caliper Mark!!!

Yeah, I sed to them "Oh, Ic... I didnt know that CD Stacker and the OEM rims has that kind of relationship, I thought they are only friends... Ok, I will call ANOTHER dealer and book the next service and this warranty claim with them instead of you. Oh, and I will tell them about this 'in a relationship' status between the CD Stacker and te OEM rims as per what you just told me. Thanks anyway" Yup I did say that... :p and I can hear that he try to cut my sentence every now and then but I hang up XD

ekdez
23-01-2009, 09:08 AM
@ denot and mark

if you believe the replacement of oem rims doesn't affect your cd stacker then your rather silly. they make a car a certain way for a certain reason. any modification made to the car will have side effects, its a guarantee.

just remember honda made and got it right first time.

in your case;;
low profile tire, larger rim = more bumpy ride, less give in tires towards to road.
oem tire/wheel = smaller rim, larger tire for a smooth drive, more give to bumps etc.
cd player/stacker = made to run on a smooth ride.

be reasonable.
if you wanna go claim warranty return your car to stock.. simple concept

denot
23-01-2009, 09:16 AM
@ denot and mark

if you believe the replacement of oem rims doesn't affect your cd stacker then your rather silly. they make a car a certain way for a certain reason. any modification made to the car will have side effects, its a guarantee.

just remember honda made and got it right first time.

in your case;;
low profile tire, larger rim = more bumpy ride, less give in tires towards to road.
oem tire/wheel = smaller rim, larger tire for a smooth drive, more give to bumps etc.

be reasonable.
if you wanna go claim warranty return your car to stock.. simple concept

oh ekdez... I know 4 other ppl that have the car stock 06 Sports and have this problem? so what happens there? is it the CD Stacker has disagreement with the OEM rims so they fight and broke up now? please explain...

also, if you said "they make a car a certain way for a certain reason. any modification made to the car will have side effects, its a guarantee" if I mod my car so its now have a 'Baby on board' (no offence to ppl who put this sign in their car) sign, my headlight will not working now? or my brake? or the rims will fell apart coz it got jealous cos it thought the CD stacker cheating with teh sign?

Cmon man...
be reasonable...

markCivicVti
23-01-2009, 11:10 AM

Lol... it's a cd player in a car. It's made to run on non-smooth rides. It's not a hi-fi in the lounge, it's in a car which is designed to be driven on all sorts of road conditions, including gravel roads.

"Oh sorry, you've probably at some stage have hit a pothole. We have designed the cd player for smooth rides, so we won't replace it."

andyhui01
23-01-2009, 11:18 PM
the funny thing was, when i looked at the service report, under "checked air element filter", the box was ticked hahaha

I think service centre's just tick all the boxes anyway... I once went in for a service with one HID light flickering, no spare wheel and one license plate light that died=. And guess what... car passed the so called "Safety Inspection" with flying colors, Spare Wheel Safety Check, Headlights Checked... lol

ekdez
23-01-2009, 11:43 PM
if I mod my car so its now have a 'Baby on board' (no offence to ppl who put this sign in their car) sign, my headlight will not working now? or my brake? or the rims will fell apart coz it got jealous cos it thought the CD stacker cheating with teh sign?

Cmon man...

wow the things people say.. i dont think you could have come up with a worse example..
im just simply explaining your problem, from another persons perspective. just accept it how it is.

ekdez
23-01-2009, 11:51 PM
Lol... it's a cd player in a car. It's made to run on non-smooth rides. It's not a hi-fi in the lounge, it's in a car which is designed to be driven on all sorts of road conditions, including gravel roads.

yeah ok fair enuf, i was generalising.. but really, think about what i said..

the smaller tire you run the more road you feel, therefore there will be more which "could" affect your cd stacker/stereo.

im not saying it happens to everyone.. but its a valid reason. dont be narrow minded.

stock cars stereos, when hitting pot holes or bumps dont normally cut out because of the suspension being soft and the tire having give, in the chunk of it, but when, the suspension or wheels have been changed its a different story..

have you ever run a 40 or below series tire on stiff suspension? and hit a bad patch in a road..

ekdez
23-01-2009, 11:51 PM
you dont have to agree with me.. i really dont care..
just giving you the opinion which isnt the same as yours...